Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Archit GhangurdeYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from loose gumgrip, my teeth have lossen a bit, what should I do? I chewed tulsi for some days, can this be the reason for this?
Sir, I did my root canal In the month of Jan this year but now it pains slightly and swells sometime at the side I showed some doctor they told me that root canal failed so now what I will do?
Hello sir I have teeth cavity problem last year what should I do my self I am 24 year old boy please help me doctor.
I am 19 years old male and I getting blood in teeth every morning and getting bad smell in mouth getting tasteless tongue what the remedy for the stop bleeding in teeth.
Hi sir i'm having bad breath problem. I brush twice a day no health issues but whenever I take food after eating im getting very bad breath its my daily routine after brushing also i'm getting this problem taking proper food and drinking lot of water what should I do for reducing this problem. I consulted dentist so many times but no use nd also using mouth wash n paste.
Every day I brushing my teeth but they did not change white colour and also smell is coming out when I talking.
My teeth enamel is getting black stains (Discoloration) from last one year. After consulting bds. She recommended scaling! After one month of scaling. The stains gets forming again. Tried every toothpaste but no effect. Wat is the cause and recommend me the solution of this. M tired of these black stains on my teeth. It look terrible. The strains are on both side of my teeth (inside and outside). Any solution in homeopathy? Please do answer.
Dear sir! When I wake up in morning my teeth flow blood and feel bad smell last 3 months please should give me some advised.
I am a 17 years old guy, having throat problems, but from few days I have a problem of dry mucus I feel there is dry mucus in my mouth nose, even breathing becomes difficult suggest me any medicine or give solution.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.