Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anudurg B DhoniYour feedback matters!
Before my periods I always get spotting for 3 to 4 days and then after 4th day I have my regular periods. Is this fine if I am thinking to conceive.
Hi I had sex on 13 April and then had my periods regularly on 18 April. Then had regular periods in may, June, July, but periods did not happen in August. And still did not have it. I have not had sex after April. What could be the reason? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, I am 23yrs old. Whenever I have periods, I literally cry. I have to endure so much pain. I usually use oil to massage. What else can I do that helps to reduce pain?
He is not drinking enough formula as prescribed in the feeding table and I am frequently breastfeeding him but I am not having the sufficient milk Is there any pblm.
Today Greetings Hello Doctor, I am getting married on 12 Feb 2017 as per menstrual cycle. My date is on 15 Feb 2017. Please suggest to delay the period .One of my friend suggest primolut N. Please tell it is effective or any side effects of same .My age is 28, height 5'4' and weight 65. Thanks.
I want to know symptoms of pregnancy? I mean to say the symptoms that says she's pregnant? How many symptoms are there?
Sir mene meri girl friend ko 25 tarik ko without condom intercourse krne ke baad I-pill di thi. 26 ko fir se without condom intercourse hua tha toh kya vapas I-pill tablet lena chahiye kya. 26 ko sir menstrual cycle ka 7th day tha. Sir I am in very tension. Usko vapas I-pill deni chahiye ya nhi?
With cricket being such a favourite sport in our country, almost everybody takes to it. What starts off as playing during summer holidays in open grounds can take more professional and committed routes with an obsession to become national and international players. It is very important to understand that it is not about the game, but about overall fitness, both of the mind and the body. It requires extreme physical fitness and focus and therefore planning a meal for cricketers is of extreme importance.
A cricketer’s diet should include the following. It would depend, of course, on how much you are playing, age, build, metabolism, etc.
- A good source of energy as everything requires energy, including standing on the field through long hours. About 40% of the diet should include carbs, which should come from whole grains and cereals. Processed foods and packaged foods are best avoided. Ditto for white rice and flour.
- Fats from nuts, seeds, yoghurt, and other dairy products is advised. Avoiding excess fat, as it can reduce agility and speed on the field, be it during fielding or running between the wickets. Fried and oily foods are a strict no-no. Grilled foods are great any day!
- Sufficient quantities of protein which can come from cottage cheese, spinach, greens, legumes, chicken, fish, and other seafood. About 30% of the diet should include proteins.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables and hydration cannot be ignored. These not just give fiber, but also give the required vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals for optimal body and mental functioning. Specifically, sodium and potassium are essential for the muscles.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in excess. Green tea is a great substitute
- Sports drinks are filled with not just energy, but are also carbonated and sugary. Not recommended daily except for a sugar rush when playing.
- It is advisable to eat with people you play with. It helps boost each other's food habits, which could be different from others.
- On a daily basis, the foods should be spread through the day.
- Eating should be spread out as, breakfast – pre workout – workout - post workout – lunch – training – post training – evening meal/snack – dinner.
- In addition to eating, a good amount of hydration (water predominantly, can also include other natural drinks like tender coconut and fruit juices and milk shakes) is essential to keep the body and mind fit.
- The meal should be planned to ensure the body is provided with a constant source of energy instead of large amounts of sugar rushes.
- If there is a need to lose weight, this might need to be revisited to achieve the target weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi. My sister is suffering from normal white discharge. Nd she's 16 year old. Will I please know which tablet should be taken to stop. Please help.
During pregnancy, a woman needs to take care of her body and her baby. One of the most important parts of pregnancy is the level of nutrition and diet of the woman. This has a direct bearing on the growth of the baby as well as the progression of the pregnancy. Nutrition is a matter of deciding what kind of food one should eat and the kind of food that one should stay away from, at this point. Weight management and looking after your sugar and blood pressure levels is also a part of this nutrition plan that you will follow during your pregnancy.
In case you are confused about the diet and nutrition plan that you must follow during your pregnancy, then here is a plan that you can use. Do remember to consult your doctor so that it may be customised as per your body and specific conditions.
- Grains: You will need to ingest at least seven to eight pounds of grains in a day. These may include wheat, rice, and other local grains like Ragi, Bajra, Jowar and other such grains. You must create a good balance of these grains. But do remember to find out if you doctor would recommend the use of grains, depending on the state of your health. You may also want to watch out for signs like constipation and loose motions in case your body is not able to tolerate excessive amounts of grains. You can also stick to cereal for breakfast and other grains for lunch and dinner. Try and create a mix of grains with which you can make rotis or flatbread to be had with vegetables.
- Fruit: You will need to have at least two cups of fruit a day. In case you are diabetic or you are suffering from gestational diabetes or even a high level of sugar, you may want to consult your doctor about the amount of fruit that you can have during the day. This is also a good substitute when you are having sugar cravings during your pregnancy. Try and have plenty of fruit and mix up the colours as the fibre will also help in dealing with any constipation that you may be going through.
- Vegetables: It is imperative to have at least three to four cups of vegetables a day when you are pregnant, as this will supply a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins to the growing baby. You may especially want to stick to vegetables like broccoli that have a high iron and folate content which can give a good amount of folic acid. This is usually required for good growth of the foetus. As with fruit, you will need to mix up the colours and have something from each colour group every day. You can combine this with some amount of meat as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife 8 weeks pregnant ultrasonography please cheque it normal or not I am so worried uterus is bulky and gravid . Intrauterine single guest. Sac in upper uterine segment. Toward right side. Myometrium normal. Guest sac smooth outlined with fair turgidity. Decidual reaction is homogenous. No obvious evidence of sac separation is seen at present. Fetal pole is visualized and cardiac activity is well appreciated [FHR-140/MIN] YOLK sac is visualized. Sac size (2.0 cms) Corresponds to approx guest age of 7 weeks CRL (1.1 cms) corresponds to approx guest age 7 weeks 2 days. Primitive placenta appears anterior in position. Ovaries are normal. Corpus leteum cyts is noted in right ovary Internal os is closed . Cervical length is normal [2.0 cm] IMPRESSION: single live intrauterine pregnancy of avg. Gestational age of 7wk 0 days Estimated EDD by USG 16 feb 2017 Recommendation anomaly evaluation at 18-20wks.
Sir yesterday my neighbour aunty ask me to sex with her because she didn't satisfied with her husband she didn't have childrens after marriage about 2 yers now. Sir if done sex will she come pregnant? I'm 19 year old boy. If she become pregnant it's there is any chance to find out that baby belongs to me? Help me sir.
I am 28 years old female have headache indifferent time, doctor said migarin, what treatment of migration. From last Three months the period are disorder what reasons I don't know?
I am 23year girl, at first my menstrual occurs regularly at the late night or early morning. But last 4months it occurs at the day time. Why?
How to remove pregnancy after 1 month. Can you pls tell me the required medication and side effects and precautions for aborting?
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.