Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Mathew
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. Anita MathewYour feedback matters!
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.