Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Nagarik
Submit a review for Dr. Amit NagarikYour feedback matters!
What medicine should I take as My kidney has started to attack due to diabetes. diabetic also in control. Please suggest me.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction of the bladder muscles and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
- Urinary tract infection
- Prostate disease
- Neurological disorders like stroke, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord problems
- Medications that lead to increased production of urine
- Bladder abnormalities like tumours or stones
- Excessive consumption of water, caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
- Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Awakening at night frequently to urinate
- Urinating more than eight times a day
- Urinary frequency, urgency and incontinence can be detrimental to life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
- Social life, work and personal life often suffer to a great degree with an overactive bladder.
Thus, if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consult a urologist for evaluation and appropriate treatment.
I am 35 year old muscular male, I had habit of drinking beer 2 twice and a week and I drink late nights and in rush, I drink in parked car with my friends and then after 45 minutes we usually drive home and sometimes it happens that I drink late night and get up early with lot of work excretion so could not get sleep for 8 hours also before my marriage I usually was watching porn everyday and masturbate daily sometimes 2-3 times from 15 years. Now my Question is I am having this problem from few years that sometime when I get up to go to washroom to urinate I feel like as the urine exits from my body my mind feel dizzy and I feel like I will fall down in bathroom. Its is very bad feeling as I will fall down all my body gets weak and when there is lack of sleep all day I feel sick and weak and ugly and I feel very weak. Please suggest me best medicine is it weakness of lack of sleep or alcohol or masturbation?
Uric acid is 9 having 4.5 mm n 2.5 mm stone in right n left kidney I am taking thyroxine 25 due to thyroid I am feeling pain in left heel I have started methi 10 seeds n its water last 5 days wt should I start or tk for uric acid n stone problem kindly mail me n call me please for proper treatment.
While doing urine I am feeling pain in my penis top. And due to this urine flow is not good (breaking). Unable to do urine properly. Kindly suggest me.
Dear I am 28 years old married women. Recently I have been diagnosed with uti and traces of blood in urine. My pulse rate is also slightly high i.e 107 pm. What could be the reason. I am having norflox tz for this infection.
I am 21.5 years old female. Weight 46kg. Height 5'3" I am suffering from urine problems from about 3-4 months. But from one months. It is very severe. I feel urge to urinate soon after urinating. Nocturia is there. I can not even sleep because of repeated urges to urinate. I even urinate full quantity of urine even if it is just 2 minutes later than last micturition. Sometimes onset of micturition is delayed. It becomes difficult. I experience lower back pain after urination. And hypogastric region is swollen and painful to touch. Urine contains little to large foam most of times. I had given urine culture and analysis to diagnose the cause. Urine culture report is ok. No bacterial growth But in urine analysis. Rare pus cells are present. And calcium oxalate crystals are there. What can be diagnosed now? What should I do?
I have notice from last one month that when I go for peeing I feel pain with pressure in it and now a days I can not control it.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!