Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Amit ChhabraYour feedback matters!
1. Stare Each other down : Next time things are heating up between you and your partner, take a moment to pause and look deeply into each other's eyes. Just take a minute before you start fooling around to face each other (clothing optional) and place your right hand over your partner's heart as he places his own hand over your heart. Stare into each other's eyes, and explain to your guy that you want to synchronize your breathing for 10 deep breaths. It might sound cheesy, but it works. "Getting grounded and fully present together makes for a much more powerful, positive sex experience and allows you to really nurture the relationship,"
2. Share sexy fantasies and desires : Too often, he says, we start fooling around and rush straight into the main event. But starting by sharing your private fantasies—even if doing so makes you blush—can open up a whole new dimension to your relationship.Opening up to each other will increase intimacy—and assuming your partner is part of your fantasy, hearing an idealized picture of the two of you will increase both of your senses of self-esteem. "Self-esteem is directly tied to sexiness," so your feelings about each other, not to mention your performance in the bedroom, will grow stronger as a result.
3.Extend foreplay: Don't be afraid to slow things down and spend more time massaging each other, making out, and exploring each other's bodies. "Desire mounts very quickly, so drawing out the process for 20 minutes or even half an hour will build tons of sexual tension," . After a long time together, sex can become an automatic, scripted process, but if you're able to put in extra effort and attention leading up to it, sex will be a more connected experience. "This connection is the difference between sex and love-making," couples with better, healthier sex lives have been shown to have better, healthier relationships.
4. Cuddle :It's not just for after sex! the more time you spend cuddling before things get hot and heavy, the more your relationship will benefit in the long run. That's because cuddling releases oxytocin, and that increases feelings of intimacy with your partner. "Spooning or even just laying comfortably side-by-side, without getting too focused on any one erogenous zone, will make for a more powerful sexual experience and aftermath,"
5. Think happy thoughts: If soul-gazing isn't really your thing, close your eyes, breathe deeply, and think about a time "when everything was right in the world between you and your partner—when you felt unconditional love, total peace, openness, and joy." Since your brain can't distinguish between reality and a vivid imagination, if you picture yourself actually in the memory, you'll feel the same bubbling emotion and open-heartedness as when you experienced the moment the first time around. "Your main sex organ is between your ears," so these positive feelings will carry over to the way you feel about your partner during sex and leave you more content with each other afterward.
6. Meditate yourself : Even simpler than these joint techniques is a quick solo meditation sesh. Take 30 seconds just to "quiet your mind, take yourself out of your day, and place yourself in the present moment," "Women are multi-taskers by nature, constantly running through our to-do lists in our heads. But placing yourself in your body and in the room will put you in an empathetic, generous state of mind." It can also improve the depth of connection between you and your partner during sex, making for better action and, ultimately, a deeper connection in your relationship.
7. Check out photos of yourself : You probably (hopefully) already have photos of each other around your room. Right before sex, take a moment to look around your room and appreciate these reminders of your relationship's best moments. "Celebrating your relationship in this way will make sex into more of a celebratory act," . It can also help cement your positive feelings about each other and the relationship.
How to increase my height and to decrease weight and I am nothing feeling free more tension problems what to do to come in nrml stage.
I am 22 years old. Because of my family problems and my love life problems I am getting more and more irritated and get angry on small small things. M getting depressed soon. And I feel to commit suicide. I alsa attempted it twice. There is noon to understand me nor listen to me what I feel n what I want. My happiness is in my love but his family and my family isn't accepting because my family did very wrong with him. And he is behaving as his parents said him he is with me but don't want to marry me. What should I do? I am getting unnecessarily mad.
I have stomach ulcers what should I do. Dr. said don't eat anything like curd, fruits, milk, and even cool drinks also..
I am 24 year old male. I am under medication by a psychiatrist. The medicines prescribed by my doctor are as follows 1.Soltus OD 200, 2. Licab XL, 3. Bexol dt, 4. Penridol Despite the medication I still suffer from mental fatigue. Please suggest a solution I was prescribed these drugs after I had suffered from auditory hallucinations. I am taking them from the past 5 months. My mental fatigue problem is from 8 years and no doctor has been able to give a solution. Please help I have been taking this medication since 10 months. I also experienced suspicion and precursory ideas along with auditory hallucination. But now I don’t have any of the above symptoms. My only problem now is mental fatigue which is hampering my career. Please help.
Hello sir I am mastrabute from past some years I used to feel happy but from past 3 1/2 years I am suffering from frequent urination and heart palpitation after that in that next year I got anxiety phobia panic attack depression anxious .when ever Il do masturbation this all symptoms with worry me please help me.
Sir I am a regular smoker. But I want to stop smoking. Without medicine I can't stop it. Please suggest me a medicine. Thank you.
I want to know that the intake of soaked n peeled almond (grinded) with milk will help in overcoming from weak memory? N one more thing is dat, is it necessary to grind the soaked almond? As I am having weak memory.
My friend is 22 year old. He is suffering from mental stress because of some career issues. We consulted physician. Then we went to psychiatrist he gave him counselling. But he cannot recover it seems! He is afraid of everything around him. Is there any cure for it?
My name is Prateek Aggarwal. I am pursuing BBA. I am suffering from stammering from last 10 years. I'm not able to pay the fees of speech therapists as the charge in thousands per month. But due to inability to talk clearly I am in a big problem. Please suggest me treatments or exercises of stammering so that I can cure it in home Itself.
I am confused with my life. I have lot of negative thoughts. How to overcome it? How to be matured and strong minded person.
whenever I use to smoke cigrate anytime my whole body is starting shewring and I am not chain smoker. Mai I know the reason. I useto smoke 5 to 8 cigrate in 24 hours.
I have mood swings. .I start crying without any reason. .anxiety. .performance phobia. .fear of future. .n many more thing .sleep less nights. .what should I do.
How can focus to study please help me because I'm 12th class student. I scored 80% in exam so please help how can I do.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
When you spend so much time with someone you are bound to have at least an occasional difference of opinion, to say the least, and it’s not always easy to keep objective and levelheaded when you enter into a disagreement with your partner. When this happens, remember to use these effective communication skills with your partner to improve the odds of reaching a solution that is in the relationship’s best interest.
This is because no matter how much you love and respect each other, it might not be possible to always keep cool and be levelheaded while entering into a disagreement with your significant other.
Here are a few effective communication skills that can improve the odds of reaching an amicable solution:
Use ‘I’ in the statement: Never blame your partner. This can make your partner feel that you are trying to attack your partner’s feelings, which often takes a negative turn. For example, if your partner is late, you can say “I would have appreciated if you had called me”. In this case, it’s all about how you feel and so it’s now up to the partner to appreciate, understand and consider your situation.
Don’t interrupt; listen first: Generally, in an argument, both the partners usually wait for their turn to talk and spurt out their anger and resentment. But this often makes things get worse. Most of the time, disagreements and petty discords, often, get resolved more easily, when someone pays more attention to the cause that might be making the other person upset. Also, watch out for the other person’s body language for getting a grip of his/her feelings. Try and pay undivided attention to what your partner has to say. Only when you have understood what might be the reason for all the hullaballoo, should you start explaining.
Don’t dig up the Past: Always stick to the discussion and the controversy at hand. Never dig up old corpses. Digging up past hatchet will only churn out further heated arguments, things you surely would want to avoid. Remember, resolving multiple conflicts could only get nastier and even more difficult.
Explain later, Acknowledge first: The most effective way of avoiding sudden escalation of disagreements is to first listen and acknowledge your partner’s feelings. Do it even if you think that the other person’s argument lacks reason. Take your time to hear out the other person.
Maintain a Positive and a Respectful Tone: Lastly, maintain a positive and a respectful tone. And never abuse. Abusing is derogatory and can invite further malice that will only keep on spiraling north. There never was and will never be any alternative to maintaining dignity and holding your ground no matter how much the malice is. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.