Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit BagYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old male. Till my mid 20s I experienced frequent erection on arousal with an emission of a sweet scent. But now erection is less and does not last long and there is no sweet smell. Please explain whether the sweet scent indicates the quality of semen.
Hello Doctors, I have 3 problems right now: 1. Lower back pain: I had a lower back spasm few months back and it was reduced (as told by therapist) but still the pain did not reduce 100 %. I feel pain in my lower back and buttock when I sit for long. I feel muscle tightness on my buttock muscle. When I sit, I feel I am sitting on something on my right buttock. 2. Knee Pain: I had an ligament problem 4 years back and again few months back I did jumping squats and that pain returned. I have mild pain when I stand for long time or walk for long. Sometimes I feel the muscles or ligament at knee are vibrating (One of the doctor said it is due to improper nutrition). Sometimes I feel right leg is taller than left. 3. Ankle & Feet pain: In November I had an ankle sprain and then doctor said to take rest but due to floods in Chennai I could not take proper rest. So I had the ankle pain for many days. Now the ankle pain reduced mostly but I have pain in feet when I stand or walk for more than 10 mins. I had been to physio therapy and doing stretches cum workout as prescribed by doctor. I have consulted 3 doctors and got X-Rays but everything is fine. All these ailments are on the right side. After using allopathic and exercises the pain and discomfort did not cure completely. Now 2 days back I have started homeopathy and continuing exercises. I will be grateful if any doctor could help help what I can do next. Thanks a lot in advance for your time.
I have been having wheezing for a year now, the inhalers are only giving me a short period relief. Is there any other medication/procedure I could try?
Fungal Infection- Fight It This Summer !
1) Wear well dried clothes. Sweating increases chances of fungal infection, try to change clothes if they get wet due to sweating.
2) Bathing twice a day with a mild PH balanced cleanser will help in keeping your skin fresh and healthy.
3) Boost your immune system to keep the infections away- eat a lot of fruits and curd, keep yourself hydrated by drinking a lot of liquids.
4) If you already have fungal infection and itching, do not buy yourself creams from medical shops without consulting a skin doctor, they mostly give steroid containing creams which give you relief for a while but the infection comes back!
Tennis toe is also known as runner’s toe since athletes are mostly runners; skiers and tennis players also get this injury often. Due to its ugly appearance, tennis toe is also known as a black toenail. This injury causes bleeding under the toe along with moderate to heavy pain. Although it is not considered to be type 1 serious injury, it can still force an athlete to abstain from participating in any events. The blood from the toenail might take its own sweet time to get out of the way. As a result, the recovery time for this injury can last for weeks together. This, unfortunately, is also an ideal condition for infection to set in.
How does it happen?
This condition may arise because of the friction between the toenail and the running shoes or constant downward pressure on the toe. In case if the shoe is tighter than normal, it can damage the toenail. If on the other hand, the shoe is very loose, it can result in similar condition due to heavy pressure on the nail. Tennis toe can also arise in a situation, if the toe constantly bangs the shoe from inside. Extreme hot weather may also result in toe swelling. Finally, one may encounter tennis toe if a blow is faced on the toe. Irrespective of the cause, the blood clots inside the nail resulting in swelling and pain. Too much damage might result in falling off of the toenail altogether.
1. If the tennis toe is minor, the injury resolves all by itself
2. The toenail should be clipped together to ensure that it does not result in any friction with the shoe.
3. During the injury, it is advised that a person wears bigger size shoes with wider toe space so that it does not result in any further irritation.
4. If the toenail is torn, make sure to tap it up so that adequate protection is there from outside forces.
5. In case the injury is serious a doctor might have to intervene and drain the blood with a surgical instrument.
6. Another medical solution is to remove the toenail surgically, drain the blood and tape it up for a good one week until new nail formation takes place.
1. Running shoes should be at least half a size bigger than the normal size.
2. Toenails should be regularly trimmed in order to avoid any injury.
3. If a person has a tendency of sweating too much, it makes sense to wear a pair of socks at all times.
4. While running, shoe laces should be tightened to avoid sudden friction between the toe and the shoe resulting into tennis toe.