Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit A SarafYour feedback matters!
Here are top 6 reasons you must have a bowl of papaya every day.
1) Helps digestion - Papaya facilitates natural digestion and helps in preventing constipation. Also known to help in preventing colon cancer, folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin E in the fruit help in binding cancer-causing toxins in the colon thus also assisting smooth digestion.
2) Protects the heart - An excellent source of vitamins C & A, papayas are also good source of fiber and help lower high cholesterol levels.
3) Supports the immune system - The vitamins C & A present in papaya help boost our immune system and also help in preventing colds & flu.
4) Has anti-inflammatory effects - Enzymes like papain and chymopapainpresent in papaya lower inflammation and help healing burns. Also present in the fruit are beta-carotene and vitamin A, which also assist in reducing inflammation.
5) Good for skin - Papaya is probably the best ingredient to make face packs. It helps in getting rid of acne and skin infections by opening clogged pores. The fermented flesh of this fruit, which is called thepapain, helps make the skin glow by dissolving the dead cells. Papaya alsohelps in controlling premature ageing.
6) Assists weight loss- Low in calories and high on nutritional content, papaya is a boon for weight loss.
A bowl of Papaya a day keeps all diseases at bay!
If you have any further questions, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello. My husband's sperm is thin. Does it create any problem for pregnancy. If it does please give solutions what we do.
I have high uric Acid problem due to which my heels start paining and I am unable to walk much. Is there any permanent solution to it or a medication that can help me out.
Heart diseases are emerging as an increasing health concern due to our unhealthy lifestyle. A balanced diet and regular exercise helps in keeping heart diseases away. Here are some of the foods that you should add to your diet for a healthy heart
Green leafy vegetables: vegetables like spinach, methi (fenugreek), radish leaves and lettuce are extremely low in fat, calories and high in dietary fiber. They also contain folic acid, magnesium, calcium and potassium. These minerals are beneficial for the optimum functioning of the heart.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of vitamins and acts as a blood purifier. Regular consumption of tomatoes is known to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Add tomatoes to your salads and sandwiches or have them cooked.
Apples: apples contain quercetin a plant pigment with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps in prevention of blood clots. Add sliced apple to your breakfast cereal or have it as a snack.
Almonds: almonds when eaten in moderation are known to lower cholesterol levels in the body and thus prevent heart diseases. They also contain vitamin b17, e and minerals like magnesium, iron, and zinc and are a good source of monounsaturated fats. Add almonds to your cereals or have 7-8 almonds a day to keep your heart healthy.
Walnuts: walnuts are packed with mono-saturated fats and help lower bad cholesterol (ldl) and increase the good cholesterol (hdl) these are also rich in omega-3 fats. Munch on a handful of walnuts daily to give your heart a boost of good health.
Garlic: consuming raw garlic every day can help to reduce the production of bad cholesterol (ldl), increase the production of good cholesterol (hdl) and also keep blood pressure within normal limits. Have 1-2 cloves of raw garlic daily to reap the benefits.
Ginger: ginger is believed to be capable of preventing formation of clots, improving blood circulation and lowering ldl cholesterol levels. Make ginger a part of your daily cooking. You can add it to tea or lemonade also.
My periods ended on Wednesday I went out with my boyfriend on Saturday we didnt have sex neither he penetrated but since we were too close its possible that a bit of his pre ejaculated semen has reached my vagina. I am a pcos patient and I have eye power problem I hadnt wore specs for two days and I have gastric problem too. From Monday I am experiencing dizziness vomiting and lower back pain. I do not want to visit any doctor nearby is.
I sometimes feel palpitations anytime of the day. It's very severe when it happens. What should I do?
Im 21 years I use to sleep 9 to 10 hours daily during night.in day time also getting sleep if I not slept means I wil be lazy, inactive and paining of legs .please help.
He told me, Is masturbation bad for health? If yes then how if no then why? But I am feeling harsh to tell these type of questions.
Hlo sir. Meri mother ko fever hua tha winter me. Uske baad unko bones aur joints me dard start ho gya. Abi 5-6 months ho gye thik nhi ho rha. Thoda b kaam kr Leti h to phir hila b nhi jata. Doctors ko b dikhya h bt koi asar nhi ho rha h.
I am 25 year old male I am suffering form nightfall from last 2 year. Its really effecting on my body.
Hi. I'm suffering from erectile dysfunction. I am ejaculating widen a min. What to do to increase duration?
I am 22 year adult. But I thinks my penis is not in proper size. So please tell me how to I increase my penis size?
I am a body builder. My right palm swelled up in every 15 20 days. I got my blood. Test report and my uric acid is 5.5. So how to reduce it back to the nrml level.?
Sir, I am suffering from my stomach gas problem since last six months. I can't eat properly. Please suggest.
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.