Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amir K. DhukaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old male. My penis is small due to this I am unable to satisfied my partner. Is there any medicine to enlarge.
I am 19 years old. I heard that honey lighten skin. I was applying honey directly on my face and sometimes with besan and milk. My complexion was fair but now my skin turned very black and dark please tell me know what can I do to get previous complexion please any soap or any tip for permanent colour not temporary.
Hairfall is a condition, which is also known as Alopecia and is known to include the aspect of thinning of hair as well. Genetics and hormones play a vital role in hairfall in both women and men. Few other factors are also responsible for hairfall. The hair growth consists of 3 phases.
- The anagen phase-active phase in hair growth. This phase lasts for 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase - catagen phase. This phase immediately follows the anagen phase. It lasts for around 10- 14 days and the hair stops getting blood supply and this leads the hair to become dead.
- The last phase is telogen phase. It is a resting phase.
The entire cycle is repeated after the last stage and it continues. Every single hair undergoes this process.
Causes/ factors to hair loss
- Genetic factors
- Skin diseases such as fungal infection, seborrhea (dandruff), tinea capitis ,eczema of scalp and lichen planus etc.
- Nutritional deficiencies like iron (leading to anemia) and protein
- Hormonal changes after childbirth, during menopause
- Drug in treating high blood pressure, cancer, joint pains or depression. Hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient is called as Anagen effluvium
- General diseases like Tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, Hypothyroidism
- Auto-immune hair loss
- Hairstyles and frequent usage of hair straighteners and hair colors
- Recovery from erysipelas and typhoid leads to diffuse hair loss
- Physical trauma or injury to head
- Emotional trauma - loss of a family member / close friend
- Trichotillomania, -a mental disorder of the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
The treatment for the disease could be based on the cause of the disease. Understanding the cause and treating it accordingly will increase the effectiveness of the medicine.
- Psorinum is the medicine useful to treat the hair fall that is caused due to skin diseases in scalp.
- Mezereum is also another medicine that is good in treating hair fall due to dandruff and other skin disease.
- Mercurius Solubilis is another homeopathic medicine that plays a wonderful role in treating the hair loss due to eruptions on scalp.
- Kali sulphuricum and Thuja occidentalis are best medicines to treat hair fall due to dandruff exclusively.
- Pulsatilla pratensis, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis and Sepia officinalis are medicines used to control hair fall in women after childbirth.
- Cinchona officinalis , Calcarea phosphorica and Borax are medicines that helps in treating hair fall problem for anemic patients.
My face and neck is darker than the rest of my body so how can I reduce my darker complexion and make it even with the rest of my body. Have tried many home remedies but nothing is working.
I have hair losing issues. I took many therapy but nothing worked. So I need some working therapy. So please help me sir.
Mera babu 9 month ka ho chuka Hai uske khane me Kya Kya dena chahiye. Milk and serelake sirf pita Hai.
Hi. I'm 19years old thin skinny girl. I want to gain some weight so please give me any suggestions. Thankyou.
Agoraphobia and its management
Agoraphobia is a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and often avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed.
With agoraphobia, you fear an actual or anticipated situation, such as using public transportation, being in open or enclosed spaces, standing in line or being in a crowd. The anxiety is caused by fear that there's no easy way to escape or seek help if intense anxiety develops. Most people who have agoraphobia develop it after having one or more panic attacks, causing them to fear another attack and avoid the place where it occurred.
People with agoraphobia often have a hard time feeling safe in any public place, especially where crowds gather. You may feel that you need a companion, such as a relative or a friend, to go with you to public places. The fears can be so overwhelming that you may feel unable to leave your home.
Agoraphobia treatment can be challenging because it usually means confronting your fears. But with talk therapy (psychotherapy) and medications, you can escape the trap of agoraphobia and live a more enjoyable life.
Typical agoraphobia symptoms include:
Fear of being alone in any situation
Fear of being in crowded places
Fear of losing control in a public place
Fear of being in places where it may be hard to leave, such as an elevator or train
Inability to leave your home (housebound) or only able to leave it if someone else goes with you
Sense of helplessness
Overdependence on others
In addition, you may have signs and symptoms of a panic attack, such as:
Rapid heart rate
Feeling shaky, numb or tingling
Chest pain or pressure
Lightheadedness or dizziness
Sudden flushing or chills
Upset stomach or diarrhea
Feeling a loss of control
Fear of dying
Panic disorder and agoraphobia
Some people have a panic disorder in addition to agoraphobia. Panic disorder is a type of anxiety disorder in which you experience sudden attacks of extreme fear that reach a peak within a few minutes and trigger intense physical symptoms (panic attacks). You might think that you're totally losing control, having a heart attack or even dying.
Fear of another panic attack can lead to avoiding similar circumstances or the place where it occurred in an attempt to prevent future panic attacks.
Having panic disorder or other phobias, or experiencing stressful life events, may play a major role in the development of agoraphobia.
Agoraphobia usually starts before age 35, but older adults also can develop it. Women are diagnosed with agoraphobia more often than men are.
In addition to having panic disorder or other phobias, agoraphobia risk factors include:
Having a tendency to be nervous or anxious
Experiencing stressful life events, such as abuse, the death of a parent or being attacked
Having a blood relative with agoraphobia
Agoraphobia can greatly limit your life's activities. If your agoraphobia is severe, you may not even be able to leave your home. Without treatment, some people become housebound for years. You may not be able to visit with family and friends, go to school or work, run errands, or take part in other normal daily activities. You may become dependent on others for help.
Agoraphobia can also lead to or be associated with:
Other mental health disorders, including other phobias and other anxiety disorders
Alcohol or drug misuse to try to cope with the fear, guilt, hopelessness, isolation and loneliness
Lifestyle and home remedies
There's no sure way to prevent agoraphobia. However, anxiety tends to increase the more you avoid situations that you fear. If you start to have mild fears about going places that are safe, try to practice going to those places before your fear becomes overwhelming. If this is too hard to do on your own, ask a family member or friend to go with you, or seek professional help.
If you experience anxiety going places or have panic attacks, get treatment as soon as possible. Get help early to keep symptoms from getting worse. Anxiety, like many other mental health conditions, can be harder to treat if you wait.
Some of the home remedies for agoraphobia include the use of herbs, such as chamomile, kava, skullcap, valerian, lavender, st. John's wort, and passionflower, as well as behavioral treatments like hypnotherapy, relaxation techniques, and the avoidance of substances like caffeine and illicit drugs.
Home remedies for agoraphobia
Chamomile: chamomile tea is often used to reduce stress and anxiety of all levels. It is rich in certain flavonoids and is also known as a sedative and nervine agent, meaning that it soothes the hormonal fluctuations and nervous functions that characterize agoraphobia. Chamomile can help you relax and ease muscle tension, lowering your chance of having an attack when a person suffering from agoraphobia gets into a 'trigger' situation.
Kava: this little known shrub is native to polynesia and the roots and rhizomes are commonly used as sedative agents for people with anxiety issues. The effects of kava are so strong that doctors compare the effects to benzodiazepines, which are very powerful pharmaceuticals. Do not use kava as a treatment if you are on any other allopathic treatment, but as a natural treatment, it is one of the best.
Passion flower: this vine found in north america is very useful in treating agoraphobia because the chemical components in the plant bind to serotonin receptors, controlling the stress response of the body and lowering anxiety. Like kava, however, passion flower has a powerful effect, just like an ssri, so do not combine this natural treatment with any other pharmaceutical treatments.
Skullcap: this herb strengthens the nervous system by regulating nervous responses and also reducing inflammatory effects throughout the body. Skullcap makes for a more balanced and manageable stress response system.
Valerian root: this is an extremely popular treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. In terms of agoraphobia, valerian root can bind with the benzodiazepine receptors in the body, which makes it like natural valium, without the other side effects. This is an easy-to-use solution for agoraphobia that can help bring you back into the wide world without fear and panic.
Lavender: this popular herb and essential oil is very useful for reducing the effects of agoraphobia. Lavender's organic compounds actually inhibit the production and release of cortisol in the body, making it very good at slowing the stress response and eliminating panic attacks. Those suffering from agoraphobia can drink lavender tea or try aromatherapy with lavender essential oil to see if it has positive effects on their behavior and emotions.
St. John's wort: when it comes to calming the body and nervous system, st. John's wort can be a wonderful and widely available option. This herb decreases the levels of norepinephrine in the body, which means that the stress response system is dramatically managed and kept under control, thereby decreasing feelings of panic and anxiety, allowing agoraphobics to live relatively normal lives.
Hypnotherapy: in terms of behavioral treatments for agoraphobia, hypnosis has shown some benefit. While the therapeutic efficacy of hypnosis is still under great debate, research has shown that in terms of behavior modification and anxiety disorders, hypnotherapy can help the body respond more appropriately to normal situations, without engaging the stress response system.
Avoid caffeine and drugs: if you suffer from agoraphobia, the most important thing is to not get worked up or overly excited, nervous, anxious, or energetic. A calm and balanced approach to life is the best way to prevent a panic attack or an anxiety episode to crop up. Therefore, high-caffeine content beverages like coffee and energy drinks should be avoided, as well as substances that alter your mind in various ways, such as alcohol and illicit drugs. Even smoking cigarettes, which many people turn to as a stress reliever, elevates your heart rate and can imbalance your system, undoing all of the good work that the other natural remedies have done for the condition
A recent news item said that researchers claimed that the viability of mens sperm is only 40% of just a few decades ago. Other researchers are challenging the numbers, but fertility issues in both males and females are at an all-time low, that much is certain.
The article said it wasn't known what was the cause, but that wasn't what was being investigated.
Too little testosterone is a problem for men, and too much estrogen is also a problem. This imbalance comes in a number of ways.
- The environment. Xeno-estrogens found in,any plastics, household chemicals, furniture, processed foods, and industrial chemicals behave in our bodies as natural estrogen. In women it creates hormone imbalances, infertility and increased risk of some cancers. In men it interferes with normal hormone production reducing levels of testosterone.
- Sugar causes higher levels of insulin which is related to lower levels of testosterone.
- Obesity driven by over consumption of sugar and junk fats causes increased estrogen, man boobs are the most obvious sign of a problem.
- Alcohol in excess affects the liver and normal hormone production.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Regular activity and periodic strong exercise gives signals to the body to remain strong and more testosterone is produced.
- Feelings of a lack of confidence in males causes a rise in estrogen, but boosting your confidence will raise testosterone. Therefore stress management and doing tasks you are good at will be helpful.
- Stressful relationships where your life feels out of your control are a killer for testosterone.
- In general sperm quality is a reflector of overall health, so there are a few things you can do to help yourself.
- Eat well and take a multi supplement, and avoid sugar and junk food.
- Exercise regularly with occasional hard or heavy sessions.
- Do some activity or challenge that is a bit scary but do it anyway.
- Learn to just sit and relax for a short time every day.
- Remind yourself of the things you are good at, when the world is on your back.
- Use as many natural products as possible in your home and work place.
- Be good to yourself and ignore those who put you down.
- Learn new skills.
- The alligators of Florida have suffered because their environment has been polluted and as their estrogen increased they became infertile, fortunately you have a lot more control over your environment, your food, your thoughts and your actions.