Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Amar KharkanisYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old male, I m having pain in my eyes from last 2 days and also my eyes have turned red. What to do now? please help.
I am 21 years old. I am working at gym for last 6 months. The problem is that the veins in my forearm is visible to human eyes. It is very bad to see this. Is this because of any hormones or nutritions? Is there any remedy for this?
I get some white jelly like thing from my eyes after riding a bike. Any problem by this to the eyes?
I am not sleeping upto 2 oclock night and playing games in my mobile. My eyes are red and not interested to sleep. please give me any diet, any food suggestions.
I am 20 year old, female. I m having lazy eyes since childhood. What should I do for the treatment. Like some exercise, or eye dropetc.
I am 21 years old male I have red eyes in two three days. What should I do for my eyes. Pls give me solution.
I am 18 year old male. I am suffering from high fever, my whole body is paining. So please tell me how to be recovered from this stage. I will be thankful to you in this regard.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
My eyes are some what sensitive am I eligible to do laser eye operation because I do not want to use speeds .is there any side effects will come after I having laser operation. My eye sight is both eyes r 1.5 .please give me suggestion.
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible.
Please suggest me some methods to decrease my eyes power. I have -1.75 on my left and -1.50 on my right. Does washing eyes with water several times a day helps to have effective vision?
Hi What are the food items to be taken for good eyes. As i am suffering from little bit change in my seen. Always using mobile phone. Long distance objects are seen as some black. Not clearly seeing. Help me.
Hello sir I am 23 year old and I have problem of eye sight and my eye sight is continuously Increases. It does not stop. So tell me what I should do.
Sir my eye is over stress every day busy life and I have always small fear in my every day life so how to solve this problem sir.
My mother, aged around 45. Since yesterday morning, one side of her left eyeball started reddening. She does not have a sty nor is it conjunctivitis. So she splashed some water on both eyes and dropped 1 drop of Gulab jal on bith eyes. Is it necessary to see a doctor for this or just wait for it to heel while using some home remedies. She does not have any allergies either. Is it due to stress? Kindly provide remedies. Thanks in advance.
Hi this are my prescription details. Axis left eye 135 Right eye =3.5 Left eye +6.00+1.00=135 Can't I have healthy eyes, I. E how can I get my number reduced, I have squint in my eyes Is there any chances of vision loss. Is computer jobs suitable for me, where I have to work 24*7 on pc.
I asked for reduce eye power. Doctor suggested me to go either for contact lens or lasik laser. My number is -5.50 which is very high. Will laser work in my eyes and after it will I also have to wear glasses. Is lasik laser safe for eyes?
My name is Imran and I have facing eye dryness problem and headache on my head and can't observe sunlight Can you please diagnose?
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.