Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Alpana LaddhaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in leg's joint and had eck. Is this chikungunya if yes what should I do. I suffering from fever also.
Discuss the role of maintaining a healthy weight in preventing health threats through lifestyle change and explain the important role of health.
Hi I had continuous body pain and joint pain with heavy cold for more that 15 days. Just randomly took blood test and it was typhoid H positive 1 in 160 dilution and is typhoid O positive 1 in 160 dilution. But my doctor did not reacted much for this report. He Just gave tablets. He did not even advices me about the food habits. Is this normal or danger please tell me.
My fnd hv marks after she went through accident. 3 month passes but the scars did not clear. Cn you suggest the medicine so that the scars could clear. Soon.
Breath in as deeply as you can, then exhale as hard as you can; repeat 10 times; when exhaling the last time, keep the air pushed out, not taking another breath for as long as you can stand. This normally works the first try, but repeat if necessary. Be sure to sit down when doing this.
This is a remedy only feasible when sitting at a bar. Have the bartender fill a small glass with club soda. Light a match and drop it, then drink the water quickly (being careful not to drink the match). It works, but I don't know why!
Drink 1/2 glass water, slowly.
Keep a tsp. Of sugar in your month and suck slowly.
Suck 2-3 small pieces of fresh ginger.
Madam/ sir iam 19 years old girl. My problem is about my periods. actually my date 8 till now I did not have menses. Since two months iam not having periods. Help me to resolve my prblm. should I change take any food? Or anything else. Please help me.
I am sufferring from lykoplakia kindly suggest medicine one doctor suggested cap densomine thrice daily but I m not able to find it. kindly suggest another medicine.
Sir/mam I weigh 81kg. I am 25 yrs of age and my height is 5 ft 10 inches. I want to reduce my weight to around 70kg. Also , I want to get rid of love handles .Pls suggest me wot shud I do. Thanks in advance.
After urinating . Its almost taking 3to 4 mins to stop completely. I mean after doing urine . Slowly drop by drop its cuming for next 4 mins Its giving a lot of irritation to me I feel it's active bladder problem I took pills for DAT But I din see any result.
Iam 20 years old but my hair fall is increasing I tried many medicines but no any gold result. My hair is thick but now it is decreasing. I think because of using hard water but I have no any ways not to use good water. So tell me a medicine that can help to stop my hair fall even by using hard water.
I am 28. Now a days my vagina is become very dry all the time. And some time I have problem of etching. What can I do?
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of discs in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like:
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
- Herniated disk
- Bone spurs
- Part of a vertebra.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.