Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abijith Aklujkar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Abijith AklujkarYour feedback matters!
I have a little pain in my left side of chest. It is nt a regular pain. Pain Aries after a gap plic help n sugest me sm tips to leave smoking.
I am 58 yrs. Height-5'10, weight-88kgs, free from any disease, no sugar, no colostrol, pressure normal, I want to reduce my weight. My mid portion, i. E, belly is to be reduced. Kindly suggest me diet & medicine, if any.
I am 33 years old, 1 &1/2 years back I was diagnosed as Hypertensive. Presently I am taking Newtel-CH 40 and myocard XL. This weak I am diagnosed as diabetic. Please tell me why this happening at this early age and how to treat all. Please Help.
I'm 19 yrs old student. Sometimes I fetched minor chest pain while I walking or running, or it sometimes occurs in sleeping time also, with mussels of legs and fingers of hand getting stiff. I have a past history of convulsion (THEN IT WAS ALSO HAPPENING). When the stiffness and pain occurs then in stayed max 15-20 minutes. required proper solution, please help me.
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle. The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack.
Obesity or excess weight
Lack of exercise
Age, usually above 65
Consumption of tobacco or smoking
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal. Diagnosis: The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, Holter Monitoring or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack. An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
1. Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
2. Refrain from smoking.
3. Get your VO2 max checked regularly.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; exercise daily, eat healthy.
5. Control high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
6. Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Sir, I am a 26 years old person from Assam and I am a High BP Patient and taking OMEN CT20 since 1 year. Recently on 14 Sept/17, I have been prescribed for Rosuvastatin Tab 10 mg for increasing my TRIGLYCERIDES as 186 H. And my Cholesterol Total is 131 and LDL is 84 and HDL is 37.2 mg/dl. Sir my question to you are 1.I should take the medicine or not? 2.If I take the medicine now then whether I should be continued for long term or can I stop after coming in normal position. 3. I have read from Google that Rosuvastatin may increase Sugar level in blood. Is it True? As of now my Sugar is 107. Please reply me Please Sir.
What is hypertension? Which problems causes of this hypertension and which time this hypertension is coming please give me a solution and answer.
I am 35 years male and have rheumatic heart disease with moderately severe Mr. and moderate AR. MY BP was normal all these days but off late I have dizziness. So I checked my BP and it is 138/90 which Is not good for my condition. My doctor subscribed repace 25mg that I don't want to take. Can my condition be cured or at least can be stopped from further worsening. Your help will be appreciated.
I'm 20 years old girl, I'm having a pain on my left chest and sometimes I even spit blood. So what shall I do?
Hello doctor I am 9 month 4 days pregnant I want to know the signs of labour how would I know that I am going into labour from last few days my vagina is leaking some yellowish discharge without any smell. Sometimes I feel little discharge of water also and thr is pain in left side of vagina pain occur while I walk and change any movement. Doctor said this is a pressure symptom pls suggest something.
I want to know that. What should I do. I m feel weakness in body. And I m suffering from breath problem. And sometime I suffer from heart pain problem.
Hello , I'm having pain in centre bone of the chest. Everytime touching that centre bone of the chest I feel the pain. What should I do?
Is Alamin Forte safe for hypertensive patients? My father who is hypertensive aged 68 years has been prescribed Alamin Forte for general well being n health by our physician.
So what is the problem in young people?
Usually you people are very sensitive now days you can't come out from depressions in fact depression depress your entire system resulting in a syndrome. Which is almost untreatable.
You are leading a life full of fantasies unnatural diets a lot of narcotics and sleepless nights.
So do you really want to overcome of it?
You should because it will ruin your entire system
So what should you do.
1. Correct your diet. Cut off salt, intake fruits veggies, home baked items are best for you.
2. Do exercise routinely.
3. Through all those unnecessary things out of your life which make you sleepless of correct them.
4. Narcotics like cigarettes alcohol Gutka tobacco are very harmful.
5. Limit the use of electronics like phones laptops.
6. Take a good sleep and stay away from stress beat it before it lead you.