Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhishek Meher
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek MeherYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from tooth infection from past 3 months and I also visit a dentist but he says nothing to worry but I am afraid of cancer please suggest me a good opinion about my life.
I have fone fillings in ma tooth. I can feel sensation since the fillings are deleted. I am scared of drilling. Whether the same can be done through laser method. How much does it cost per teeth?
1) My 2nd last teeth both left and right are cracked vertically and pain at left side only. (2) Left chick, throat, lower lip sometimes get pained. (3) The 3rd left teeth also gets pained. (4) I feel severe pain in complete teeth. When intake cold and hot (5) I was taking pain killer for relief, but for the last 3-4 days I am using 'Elsenz' tooth paste twice a day.
My teeth on lower jaw have been grinded to adjust the permanent retainer 3 years ago and braces was done 9 years ago as I am having deep bite, I am not able to adjust to the grinding in lower jaw, Want to raise my bite, is it possible.
Hi im 19 years old some white spots arrived on my teeth from 6 years what are they? And please remedial action for it.
My Mom is 48 years now and she is diabetic. She is suffering from severe tooth ache and is deprived of sleep every night. We have visited many dentists and all of them are scared to operate on her tooth due to her diabetic condition. Can you please provide a solution to this problem. Thank you.
In the recent years, dental problems have been on a mercurial rise. Lack of proper knowledge and awareness (especially in the rural areas) makes the situation even worse. Dental problems can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and sex. Proper measures should be taken to deal with the problem effectively. People should be educated and made aware of the importance of practicing a good oral hygiene and dental care. In this regard, the Dental Public Health Education becomes very important.
As the name suggests, the dental public health work towards educating the people (in rural as well as urban areas) about oral and dental hygiene. It comes up with various campaigns, health camps and awareness programs (mostly government funded) to help people take care of their and their loved one's dental health. The aim of the dental public health work is to reach out to and, in the process, extend help to a wider mass.
In some of the campaigns, the dentists reach out to the children (in schools and colleges) and explain them the importance of a good dental health and the healthy dental practices they need to follow. Few of the initiatives and awareness programs have indeed been of great help to people.
The Dental Public health workers and specialists work on the competencies as directed by the Indian Dental Association, some of which are being mentioned below:
- Organizing and managing oral health campaigns and programs.
- Extensive research to deal with oral health problems of the public.
- Communicate with people regarding the various dental and oral health problems
- Measure the status of oral health through effective surveillance systems.
- Address individual (as well as population) oral health issues effectively.
- Promote and protect public oral health through public health regulations, policy, and legislation.
The Dental public health is thus, a non-clinical speciality, whereby trained and experienced workers works effortlessly to improve the oral health of communities rather than individuals. It is a broader term that touches upon the different aspects of dental and oral health (causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention, and precaution).
Advantages of the Dental Public Health Education:
The dental public health education and workforce are indeed a blessing that comes with a lot of oral health benefits:
- The dental public health (DPH) has helped create awareness, thereby lowering the incidences of tooth decay and plaque formation greatly.
- It has brought about a remarkable improvement in the overall health of the people.
- The DPH has successfully held campaigns and oral health camps in areas that have been left unattended and neglected for long.
- Campaigns organized in schools help children and their families to practice healthy oral hygiene.
- The action is at a community level so that maximum people can benefit from the programs and campaigns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.