Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet BodakeYour feedback matters!
My wife, 29 years old has tested positive in the pregnancy test we carried out at home as she missed her periods this month. We are quite happy but at the same time want to ensure that we take utmost care of our baby to be born &of course mother. My queries- 1. When should we visit a gynecologist? 2. Until we have our first visit to gynecologist, what are basic steps or precautions to be followed in daily life in order to have normal delivery and healthy baby. I understand that its a broad issue which can't be mentioned in 2-3 sentences but this platforms will surely help to get some expert tips from the best gynacs nation has. Thank you in advance.
Hii doctor, I got intimated with my husband on 19th, 21st,23rd, 27th and 28th march. As my period date was 14th. Was it a right time to conceive a baby. And please tell me can I check my pregnancy today through a kit?
I have taken meprate tablets of about 5 days for delay in my periods. But still I don get my periods for about a week after that. What should I do?
Congratulations! you're pregnant almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a type 1 or type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly
The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
Your pregnancy is considered high risk
High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a c section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
You should watch out for signs of ketosis
When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
You need vitamins and supplements
Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin d are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
You should exercise regularly
Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve& stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
Check your medication
Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and nst. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.
I'm 34 years old suffering from infertility related problem. Medical report tells that there is no problem. But doctor says to become tension/stress free to get pregnant. By profession i'm an engineer in ofc there is so much stress also regarding my infertility I become very upset/ in tension. I want to avoid the tension but can't. But suggest me some tips so that I become cool and be avoid the stress in both office and my family.
Hello sir/mam, I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker, whom I do not khow her hiv status, I am so stress that if I contact hiv through her, I had no cuts, sores, wound in my mouth, penis and figure. Do I need to test for hiv. Please reply.
Hi I am newly married but I am not happy with sex life with my partner because she don't want to do sex in different angles like from backside n top on me always in only direction me on top of her. Because she says get pain n our baby will be different and she wants finish off quickly please tell me if we do sex in different angles is it gone affect her in future. Please give suggestions so that my life will be happy thanks.
I was unmarried 22 years old. From last week my vagina upper portion i. E clitoris and nearer area is itching a lot from last week. please suggest some home remedies to cure this.
- Relationship commitments loveliness responsibilities - are the most important in shaping of one's identity and symbol of perfection in attitude otherwise
- This indeed makes an individual ready to face the challenges in their path of life and to survive into it successfully.
- But by mere commitments alone in relationship of responsibilities would not make differences if there is no civilised realisation happens naturally in the mind and all part of his own cells, to make it a room for success.
Is there any problem while during sex if having tight fore skin? If having problem of it please give some precaution of it.
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus related problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Minimal invasive spine surgery possesses numerous benefits over the traditional spine surgery that includes :
- small surgery scar
- less blood loss during the surgery
- quick recovery
- quicker return to work and normal activities
- less postoperative pain
- shorter hospital stay
These are the xray of a patient with l4l5 grade 1 listhesis operated by minimal invasive tlif.
I am 31 weeks pregnant .suddenly I have started severe pain in right side to Lower abdominal pain vomiting ,motion .immeditaly I visited to clinic of my Gynecologist after examination she said it in not to relate pregnancy . Either food posing or kidney pain. Suggested for ultrasound . In this report right renal hydrolysis diagnosed . She give me pain killer and antibiotic and advise to contact urologist. Who has also diagnose same thing and suggest before delivery can not examine is any stone in right kidney. So just for pain relief and to remove urine blockage they inserted 5 mm stain in my urinary track. Beside this I have still pain in my right side of abdomen back to lower. What to do please suggest.
Men in one study gave women?s breasts a score of 8.5 out of 10 which was the highest score in the set. So this proves once again that boobs are a woman?s primary sexual at-tractors for men.
I am 6 month of pregnant. My doctor give me iron tablet (elredin/folinine) but I unable to eat when I eat bomoting what can I do?
I have been trying since 2-3 months to get pregnant but it's not happening. We try between 5th to 9th day. I have a problem of white discharge and I'm drinking water. We are not taking any medicine. We are married for four years and have a three year old son.
Anyone who tells you that blood in your semen or Haemospermia is normal, he/she is wrong. No, it is not normal. In fact, blood coming out of any part of your body can in no way be normal. We often hear some patients say that the doctors they have consulted before, about this very crucial problem, regarded it as not serious. Neglecting blood in your semen is a very bad idea. It will not go away without proper treatment. On the other hand, addressing it at the earliest will help cure the problem completely.
Here is where the role of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Medical Experts becomes extremely important.
Causes of Blood in Semen:
What is causing you Haemospermia or as per Ayurveda, dooshita shukra? Here are a few causes that are influencing the condition-
- Inflammation and infections: Inflammations and infections cause the most common threat to your semen. Infection in any of the tubes, ducts or glands, such as Prostate, Urethra, Seminal Vesicles, Vas Deferens and Epididymis, etc. can become the cause of blood in semen.
- Sexually transmitted infection: Other bacterial infections along with sexually transmitted infections, such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea are also potent threats to your semen. 40% of the times, it is these kinds of infections that lead to blood in your semen.
- Forced sexual activity: Though not much discussed, any forced sexual activity might also influence the condition. This kind of activity irritates the pubic region and can also form the cause of genital tract infection, leading to blood in your semen.
- A recent medical procedure: One of the most common occurrences of blood in the semen is noticed post a medical procedure. Examples of medical procedures that lead to blood in semen include prostate biopsy, any urinary treatment, etc. These treatments cause temporary trauma to the semen for a short span of time, leading to ejaculation of blood along with it.
Other major causes that can influence the accompaniment of blood with your semen are internal obstructions, Polyps or Tumours, Blood Vessel Problems, etc. Ayurveda is an effective treatment for Haemospermia.
There are some ancillary effects of blood in the semen. Some of these effects include
- Burning sensation while urinating,
- Pain in the lower back,
- Painful ejaculation,
- Tenderness of the area around the groin,
- Swelling of the testes,
- Tenderness of the scrotum, etc.
All these side-effects can be dealt with while addressing the main issue of blood in the semen, with the help of proper Ayurvedic treatment and diet. Apart from practicing pranayama (shitkari/shitali) as a part of your Ayurvedic treatment, it is also important to consult an expert and get yourself diagnosed. This will help you find the best Ayurvedic herbs for your aid. You can also opt for the very famous and much trusted male infertility - complete sperm care package. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.