Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijeet Bodake
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet BodakeYour feedback matters!
Hi, my partner feel acute pain while having intercourse and sometimes pain is unbearable. Is there is any issue in her lower abdominal . Please advice or she need to take any medicine to get relief.
I and my girlfriend were making out on 10th march and she's gone for a trip since 11th march and she informed me that she's bleeding black blood in her periods now. She's gonna have her periods soon like approx this week but not on 11 or 12 it's too soon. Also after having sex she was complaining about abit of pain in her lower private parts. I did not cum in her I am 99% like most of it was out. Maybe 1% would have went thru we even had a bath after that to make sure the cleanliness. Is this a sign of pregnancy (black bleeding)? Or we'll know that after her periods?
My friends had last period since 2 month. It's already 1 month ahead. She is nt having her period. It's already too late (1 month late) What can she do now?
I am male have one child trying for second one But wife not conceiving She had done test for thyroid sugar but nothing she has Trying since 3 month.
What are the chances of second time in two years to get shingles (Herpes zoster? I had shingles in 2014, May and treated with Acyclovir, now I am feeling pain right thigh exactly same grade of pain.
Doctor, mere sath ek bhut badi prblm ho gyi h.mene 22 jan ko sex kiya tha or uske bad next day mene unwanted le li thi or fir mjhe uske bad 28 jan ko periods hue the or uske bad fir agle month mjhe periods hue the 3 march ko lekin mam uske bad mjhe periods nii hue mjhe smjh nii a rha h mai kya kru please tell me. ANd mene check bi kiya tha result negative tha. Mam mjhe ajtk kbi aisa nii hua lekin iss bar ho rha h 3 month ho gye mjhe abhi tk periods nhii hue h please tell me khin m pragnent to nii hu or agr nhii hu to periods kb tk aa jayenge mjhe. please mam tell me.
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.