Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aashutosh PatilYour feedback matters!
My relative 75 years old Type II diabetic ,bp normal under medications (Allopathy) my question is the person has to be without medicine both BP and diabetic for some days say 20 days. Is it advisable to remain without medication for 20 days (The circumstances compulsion) advise us on this ,any other alternative precaution can be taken? Until we use the medicines-no other generic also possible. If it is dangerous what is the alternative.
I have stones of 3mm in my right kidney what should I do then? My funds are saying that to drink 3 bottles and stop urinating for first and second bottle and after drinking the third one take a five minutes time and start urinating with all pressure then stones will get out of my body is that true?
Hi Doctors, My question is after every meal my stomach gets bloated and I also feel severe pain in my head sometimes this also results in dizziness. This is due to some gastric problem and acid reflux. Any home remedies or treatment. I hate medicines though Thanks in advance.
I am 30 yrs old for last 2 yrs there is small cyst type of thins appear on my different parts of body.
Suggest me something like. Horlicks, bormvita. For the high protein which I take with milk. Not supplement.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
Here are some natural Ayurvedic home remedies, which are helpful for psoriasis patients:
- Cover the affected part with a banana leaf to fade the reddish patches.
- Soak 15 sesame seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it early morning on an empty stomach.
- Consume half a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning for 5-6 months.
For more information, you can consult a professional Ayurvedic practitioner.
Hi I had sex with my boyfriend 5 days regularly (from 10 to 15November, one day I have taken unwanted 72, and after 16November, urine is very frequently with little irritation, and little amount blood came, while my period date is 26. Pls suggest.
Is soya paneer not so good for males? What are the side effects of soya paneer? Is soya paneer and tofu same?
I am doing self sperm excretion by doing masturbating process. Is this cause any problems in future and how to increase the sperm secretion.
A healthy relation with your partner, both in and out of bed is of utmost importance for your mental health. Premature ejaculation is a condition that males suffer from. It basically occurs when semen springs too soon during sexual activity. There are various stages of sexual response and excitement. When the semen comes out due to orgasm in the early stage, it is usually known as premature ejaculation. There are many ways to deal with this.
Ayurveda is also an efficient way for treating this ailment. These are a few tips to prevent permanent ejaculation:
- Herbal Drink: There are many herbs that aid the treatment of various diseases and symptoms in Ayurveda. You can mix powdered asparagus with warm milk and boil it for about ten minutes. This drink can be ingested twice a day for greater efficacy. You can add soaked and peeled almonds to this concoction as well.
- Diet: You can include ingredients like almonds, ginger, saffron and cardamom for fighting premature ejaculation. Eggs are also a good source of protein that can help in preventing this condition. Garlic and drumsticks can also be used in one's diet for this condition to abate. Fresh fruits, honey and cow's milk are some of the most important parts of a person's diet when treating premature ejaculation. Further, you must have nourishing food at least thrice a day in order to ensure that your body is getting a routine and regular supply of all the vital nutrients and vitamins that can help in maintaining balance in the body, especially as far as the various doshas as concerned.
- Yogic Poses: There are many Yogic postures and poses that can help people suffering from this condition. The shoulder stand or the Sarvang Asana, as well as others like the Halasana or the plough and the Matsya Asana or fish, can help in relieving the symptoms of this ailment.
- Supplements: Ayurvedic medication like Shilajit can also be used for building immunity and tackling the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Massages: Hot oil massages with the help of a trained hand can help in activating all those dormant areas that are not contributing to a well functioning body. This can help in treating premature ejaculation as well.
During the process and tenure of the medication and treatment, Ayurveda generally recommends that the patient should abstain from all stimulation and sexual activity so that the efficiency increases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 50 year old lady, having diabetes since 10 years, recently I got thigh skin rashes leading to blood spillage, pain and uncomfortable to walk properly. Please suggest solution?
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves but, strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy. Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are-
The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well-established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At
the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
4. Sweet potatoes
Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
5. Sesame seeds
Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.