Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Shree Saikripa ClinicYour feedback matters!
Sinusitis is an inflammatory condition which causes swelling of the tissue lining the sinus passages. The healthy sinisuses are filled with air, but when there is a blockage, they get filled with fluids which can give rise to germs and cause an infection. Conditions such as the common cold, allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose) and a deviated septum (shift of the nasal cavity) can cause sinusitis. People with nasal polyps and blocked drainage ducts are more prone to getting sinusitis as compared to other people. The main treatment for sinusitis is surgery.
Surgery is the most effective treatment for this condition as it makes the sinuses drain by getting rid of the blockage and draining out the mucus. Surgery also removes infected, swollen and damaged tissues in the sinus along with polyps present in the nose or the sinus. If any foreign substances are obstructing the nasal passage, they are removed as well. Surgery, sometimes, is the only way of getting rid of a nose which is badly blocked. In severe conditions, people might also require a second surgery. Surgery, when coupled with medication, is more effective in treating this condition as antibiotics might be required to prevent the sinus from getting re-infected.
There are two types of sinusitis surgeries people can avail:
- Endoscopic surgery: This surgery removes small bones and other foreign substances blocking the sinus passage or is used for removing polyps. A thin tool called the endoscope is inserted into the nose with the help of which, the doctor gets rid of substances which are blocking the sinus passage.
- Sinus surgery: This is carried out in conditions when there are developments like pus and infections in the facial bones or in case of a brain abscess (inflammation caused due to infection within the tissues of the brain). In this kind of surgery, the doctor uses the opening in the mouth or makes another one through the skin of the face to remove the blockage from the sinus and get rid of sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.
Constipation and the effectiveness of homeopathy in treating it
Constipation is defined as the condition in which the affected person has dry and hard stools with less than three bowel movements every week. In severe conditions, the bowel movements are reduced to one per week
It is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems that people face these days as a result of their unhealthy food habits and sedentary lifestyle. A number of other factors can cause constipation. Some of those are the lack of sufficient fluids and fibers in your diet, physical inactivity, laxative abuse or drinking less water/liquids.
Whatever the root cause of the problem may be, homeopathy is the best solution. Here are prominent reasons why homeopathic medications are the best option when it comes to treating constipation
1. No side effects: Homeopathy uses natural remedies for treating constipation, therefore, the medication is completely non-toxic and free from side effects of all kinds. You can completely rely on homeopathy for the treatment of your condition without being worried about the side effects at all. This virtue of homeopathic medication makes it best to use homeopathy for the treatment of constipation especially in the case of children, pregnant women, and elderly people.
2. Addressing the symptoms: Homeopathic treatment for constipation is based on your individual symptoms so the treatment varies from person to person. This makes homeopathic medications completely symptom based and therefore more effective.
For instance: A medicine called 'Alumina' is prescribed when a patient has to strain hard to be able to expel even soft stool (which is clay like and sticks to the rectum). However, 'Silicea' is recommended when stool recedes back in the rectum, being only partially expelled.
Permanent treatment: Homeopathy deals with the root of the problem and cures the causes and symptoms of constipation in such an effective manner that the treatment is permanent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have a problem with my penis. If its erected I can't able to pull out of my penis from skin. I have pain while doing so. Please help me with that.
Hello my name is Himanshu Bjndal. I am 14 years old .I have the problem of stammering. I feel very hesitation in talking to someone. I don't able to speak things that I know. Help me to get rid of this problem.
I had motions 4 to 5 times yesterday when I had chicken how should prevent this condition please suggest me.
After taken D protein powder at morning. Automatically over sweating head pain. What shall I do should I consume small amount.
Greetings Doctor, Doctor I ended up doing a huge mistake last week and have been regretting a lot. Last week I visited thailand with my friends and ended up sleeping with a prostitute! It was hardly for an hour and we had protected sex, (i was very rough for sometime but was wearing a condom) I did not cum while having sex, maybe she did! and in between we were trying 69 too, we gave oral to each other (which was unprotected, I licked her vagina and she sucked me no condom then) and we even kissed. Had to mention everything as I am very scared, I am scared that I would have picked something from her! have not done my tests yet! I feel very guilty and I read online that for any disease to show it may take min 3 months! what are the chances of me having a bad future? I hope she was clean and unaffected but I doubt! what do I do next doc, please help me. Should I get the tests done asap or should I wait? Please help. I wish that half an hour did not happen in life!
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Whenever I eat my food after that I always have to go to bathroom. I go to bathroom at least 6-7 times a day. Please help!
Sir, I went last year for studying purposes. But the environment there didn't suit me. I had very infections and allergies due to the polluted air and water. I had red patches on my face and the pubic region .and also swelling of the eyelids and itching .i consulted a doctor. She prescribed me------indranil 100 & TERBINAFINE HCl Cream. The red patches are gone but I still have the eyelid swelling. Pls help. Its taking a toll.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that causes thesurplus surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen causes development of weight gain and hair in women as well when they are present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation (release of afemale female egg, ovum) which is reflected in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Owing to troubles in ovulation one may experience difficulty in becoming pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS have a resistance to theaction action of insulin hormone. Normally Insulin drives sugar into the body cell to provide energy for it’s work. Many women with PCOS may appear unaffected by this change, but at cellular level, this resistance means it requires a larger amount of insulin production to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "Hirsutism"." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.
- Acne. Acne occurs on the face, chest, and upper back
- Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness and underneath breasts
- Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS. The aim of treatment varies as per age and the requirement of the patient.
- If the patient is having Infertility: A lack of ovulation hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation, by use of ovulation-stimulating medication.
- In patients with irregular cycles NOT wanting pregnancy: The irregularity of menstrual cycle can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
- For patients with PCOS and weight gain, obesity: Insulin resistance seen in PCOS warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance sensitivity of the cells to insulin. Metformin enhances cell function and maintaining sugar levels by its increased consumption by the cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello doctor. I have psoriasis. Effected areas are legs, scalps, back n hands. .give me some advise. What I do.
Hello sir/mam. How to get relief from constipation. Earlier morning I drinks lot of water approx 1to 1.5ltrs to clear latrine. But getting not success. So please advise me what should to do? Thank you.
Cough and cold are very daunting diseases for anyone out there. Especially for people who have a tendency of catching cold easily. Nobody likes to have a runny nose, vigorous cough and fever. But all these symptoms occur when anyone suffers from cough and cold. However, the symptoms get doubled when anyone suffers with Whooping cough. Though any kind of chronic cough can be severe enough but whooping cough is the most panic striking among them all.
What is whooping cough?
Whooping cough begins with a little respiratory illness and includes runny nose, relentless cough. In later stages a development of vivid, copious mucus with cough and the whoop sound while coughing develops. Whooping cough can be treated safely. If we look at the homeopathic treatment, there are various remedies for whooping cough. But first and foremost, it is very important to boost your immunity. Good immunity helps you to recover faster. Next, you need to add nutrition to your diet, which is very important for your health. So intake green veggies and fruits as much as you can.
Talking about the homeopathy treatment, yes there are some common homeopathic medicines available, which are prescribed for whooping cough. However, it depends upon individuals and their condition as to which one would be prescribed.
Listed below are homeopathic medicines for whooping cough
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed if anyone suffering from scanty and prolific cough, along with difficulties in chest or lung. The patient may get mucus with cough, but it hardly comes out. As a result, the patient might end up vomiting in an effort to expel the mucus. Cough can be worse in this case, and the patient might feel breathless often. This medicine is prescribed in such a condition when the chest is filled with mucus, but it barely comes out.
- Drosera: This medicine is prescribed when a person experiences convulsions of coughing and ends up having cyanosis and shortness of breathing. The cough will be worse especially at night, and the patient may end up vomiting. There is a chance of getting cramps in feet and hands while coughing.
- Belladona: This is a very common medicine for whooping cough, which is usually prescribed in the early feverish stages of whooping cough. If taken properly, it can be effective in terms of curing the illness. Mostly in the coughing stage, patients may face violent cough with red nose and bulging out of eyes, there can be abdominal pain too. Severe irritation in larynx and headache too are noticed in this period.
All the above mentioned homeopathic medicines are likely to be used in treating whooping cough infection. However, it is advised to consult a homeopathic doctor before starting any treatment.
Complete, permanent, easy, safe, fast & cost-effective Health cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also consult a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.
There are different types of heart problems like coronary artery disease, congenital heart failure and cardiomyopathy, but their warning signs are the same i.e. shortness of breath. This is the reason why shortness of breath should never be taken lightly and should always be investigated for heart diseases.
Why does shortness of breath happen?
You may not be able to get in enough air while experiencing shortness of breath. Known medically as dyspnea, shortness of breath is often described as an intense tightening in the chest and a feeling of suffocation. This is one of the most frightening conditions experienced by a patient. You can experience dyspnea without any serious medical problems in these conditions
- After strenuous exercise
- In extreme temperatures
- Due to obesity and
- In high altitudes
But if you are not in any of these conditions, then shortness of breath is a sign of a serious medical problem usually involving your heart or lungs. These two vital organs transport oxygen to the rest of your body and remove carbon dioxide; hence problems with either of these organs can affect your breathing. Shortness of breath that comes on suddenly called acute, can be due to other causes too like:
- Excess fluid around the heart
- Low BP
- Heart failure
- Blood clot in an artery in the lung
- Collapsed lung
If you have had shortness of breath that has lasted for weeks, then we call it chronic and its causes can be various diseases of the heart apart from asthma and COPD. There is no doubt that your heart may be in trouble, if you have chronic shortness of breath. You may be suffering from these heart conditions:
- Cardiomyopathy or problems with the heart muscle cause symptoms like shortness of breath after physical exertion as well as fatigue, and swelling of legs and abdomen. Patients suffering from cardiomyopathy are at risk of sudden death due to cardiac arrest.
- Heart arrhythmias is also called irregular heartbeat, and can cause slow or fast heartbeats. These also have symptoms like shortness of breath. Arrhythmias can cause strokes, heart failure and cardiac arrest.
- Heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to pump blood efficiently to meet the needs of the body. This is a potentially fatal condition. One of the most common symptom is shortness of breath with exercise and while lying down. Fatigue is another common symptom.
- Pericarditis or swelling of membranes around the heart is also characterised by shortness of breath.
Treatment of breathlessness can start after you are referred to a heart specialist for further tests to confirm the likely cause.