Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Matoshree ClinicYour feedback matters!
A stressful life and an unhealthy lifestyle impacts not only our physical health, but also our mental health. There are some instances now that have proved that most cases of mental illness such as depression, anxiety, and stress, happen due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though in an extreme condition, you may need the help of a professional expert, there are many ways through which you can keep your physical, as well as mental health, in check.
Food is the most important ingredient of a healthy body and mind. Today, many physical ailments take place due to a wrong diet and unhealthy food habits. Some of the most common mistakes that people make these days are:
- Skipping important meals such as breakfast,
- Not consuming a balanced diet,
- Depending more upon junk food items rather than healthy food items.
It's always best to consume lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. The vitamins and minerals available in a balanced diet are very important to keep you away from health issues. Also, green vegetables such as spinach help in oxidizing the blood that reaches your brain and help in proper working of the brain cells.
Along with consuming proper and balanced diet, it is also important to provide a proper amount of workout session to both the body and mind.
Today, some people rely on gym instruments inside the four enclosed walls of a room. This may help you in getting a well-toned and fit body, but may not benefit your mind.
If you wish to keep your mind away from problems such as tiredness and stress, then it is important to inhale some fresh air at least once a day. A good way is to go for some exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling and others in open air for some time. The fresh and open air, along with exposure to greenery, refreshes your mind and hence controls the release of anxiety toxins in the brain.
After proper diet and exercise, what is most important is relaxation. If you are working the whole day and you do not have time for relaxation, the tiredness will make you fall sick. Some useful tips are:
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a day,
- Practicing meditation in case of extreme stress,
- Taking out some time from a busy schedule in doing activities you love to do, such as playing music, or reading books.
Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only to keep your body fit and healthy but also to keep your mind healthy and free from anxiety and stress.
As the baby enters life, he unveils a different world for himself. There is so much to see, understand, learn and experience. A baby’s life is full of exciting new experiences as he views things and people around him with curiosity. But as he fondles with things around him, he carries dust, germs and possibility of an infection. Besides the external environment, his sensitive skin also deals with 24/7 nappies that cause dampness and may lead to a fungal infection.
It is quite natural for parents to panic with the slightest of baby’s discomfort. However, it is important to note that almost all babies develop rashes with first few weeks of their life as it’s the time when their skin is adapting to the outside environment. Not all rashes are harmful. Baby’s immune system has the capacity to fight with most of the infections. Thus, many skin rashes heal on its own. In case, rashes are followed by fever, vomiting, pain or other symptoms, it is advisable to seek medical intervention immediately.
Most common rashes in children are caused due to nappies. The skin around the nappy area become red itchy and irritated. The best way to prevent nappy rashes is to keep baby’s skin clean and dry. Check for dampness and never keep the same nappy for more than 3 hours. Antifungal creams as prescribed by a pediatrician could be applied externally to fight infection.
Blocked pores on baby’s skin can cause acne as well as white spots called Milia. They can appear on face, neck, hands generally first two weeks of baby’s life. Doctors advice using a mild soap and keeping the skin moisturized.
Extreme climate can be harsh on baby’s skin. The skin reacts to dry cold winds in form of dry and scaly patches which become red and itchy. Extreme summers can cause rashes due to sweat. The only way to prevent such problems is to keep baby indoors, warm and hydrated in winter and assure baby wears soft and loose cotton clothing in summers.
Many of us have noticed flaky patches that appear on new born baby’s scalp. Those look like thick yellow secretions. They are known as cradle crap. They are not itchy or painful and heal on their own.
As baby grows, he is introduced to new foods. This is also the time when food allergies began to get recognized. Many times body reacts to an allergen through skin rashes. These are called Hives and may occur any time in child’s life. Avoidance of allergens is the most effective way to deal with food allergies.
A baby needs constant care and supervision. Parents knowledge greatly help in prevention and management of such issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
Headaches are probably the most commonly experienced body pain. However, for some people, this can be chronic pain that is experienced on an almost daily basis. Such headaches and migraines can affect a person’s quality of life and overall health as well. In such cases, medication is often not preferred as it can have side effects in the long run and can make the body dependent on them. Four effective alternative therapies that can ease headaches are:
- A Massage: Massaging the temples or the neck and shoulder region can help relieve a headache temporarily. Regular massages can also help reduce the frequency of headaches and their intensity.
- Stretching Exercises: Tensed muscles can also trigger headaches. Thus, exercising the neck muscles to relax them can help relieve this pain. An easy way to stretch your neck is to move it up and down and side to side slowly. Alternatively, you could shrug your shoulders up and down as well as forwards and backwards. When stretching your muscles, hold a position for about 5 seconds and repeat each exercise 3 to 5 times.
- Meditation: The more you think about a headache, the more it pains. Thus by relaxing the mind through meditation, you can help relieve some of the pain. A relaxed mind can also produce more endorphins and hormones that help relieve pain. The best time to meditate is in the early morning and the simplest way is to sit cross-legged and focus on your breath as you inhale and exhale.
- Hot and Cold Therapy: This form of therapy can be used by anyone including pregnant women. For pain in the neck region, applying a heat pack can be beneficial while an ice pack can help relieve a pulsating headache. An ice pack lowers the internal body temperature and soothes the artery that supplies blood to the lining of the brain thus relieving the throbbing sensation.
In addition making a few lifestyle changes can also help prevent headaches. These include
- Maintaining a regular routine of eating and sleeping at the same time every day.
- Exercising for at least half an hour on a daily basis
- Quitting nicotine and alcohol
- Finding an effective way to reduce stress
- Avoiding factors that might trigger a headache. Keeping a diary can help you identify factors that trigger a headache
- Taking only the medication prescribed by a doctor and not self-medicating
- Get adequate sleep and rest
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. Preconception counselling and health check-up focus on things you can do before pregnancy to increase the chances of having healthy baby. There is plenty you can do now to make yourself as healthy as possible to have a healthy baby. If you want THE BEST PROGENY, then you should:
- According to Ayurveda, ‘Cheerful mind’ is most important for fertility
- Engage yourself in relaxing activities such as reading, gardening, listening to music
- Explore new hobbies
- Replace negative thoughts with more positive ones
- Avoid stress in relationship, Enjoy married life with alternate intercourse in mid period
Adapt a healthy life cycle
- Do regular exercise
- Avoid smoking and Tobacco
- Know your Prakruti (Body Constitution) and get the diet and lifestyle chart according to your Prakruti
- Consult a specialist from Ayurveda especially practising gynaecology
- Get whole preconception counselling and health check-up done
- Avoid toxic substances and Environmental contaminants
Start with folic acid
- Under medical guidance, start taking folic acid daily once
- Folic Acid supplementation greatly reduces risk of brain & spinal cord problems in babies
- If you have any pre-existing medical issues like diabetes, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, heart disease or thyroid dysfunction, be sure they are under control. Ask your physician if its safe to continue the treatment for medical issues during pregnancy or to adjust to a safer alternative
- Self medication should be avoided
- If you consult doctor, even for other problem, you should make the doctor aware about your plan of pregnancy
Start preconception panchkarma treatment
- An Ayurveda physician will advise proper Panchakarma treatment according to body constitution and detailed history
- Ayurvedic medicines, diet and lifestyle modification along with preconception detoxification panchakarma treatment regularise metabolism, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, increase egg quality and sperm quality in case of male and relieve stress
- The treatments include Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasya, Uttarbasti, Yoni Prakshalan, Pichudharan, Shirodhara, etc.
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.
Sex is usually great at any time of the day - and has a large number of health benefits. However, there are certain things about morning sex that can prove to be more beneficial than others, especially in terms of oxytocin release, which increases trust between couples and has been known to strengthen the bond between them. Overall, it keeps you healthier - and happier. Here are some of the benefits associated with morning sex:
- Works as an early morning workout
Waking up to sex can often serve as a great option for a workout - and can even allow you to skip the gym. Research has shown that the number of calories burned during an hour of sexual activity is approximately close to the calories you will burn during a 30-minute jogging session - approximately 180 calories for women and 240 calories for men.
- Improves psychological health
Sex, if it is the first thing you do in the morning, can often prove to be more beneficial than most other options for keeping you happy and healthy throughout the day. It also allows your brain to function better throughout the day by relieving stress and anxiety. Furthermore, research has shown that the positive effects can often last to over seven days.
- Improves immune system functioning
People who have sex regularly, especially in the morning, have better functioning immune systems, as it can protect your body from viruses, diseases and germs.
- Increases intimacy levels between couples
Waking up to the loving touch of your partner boosts endorphin levels in the body, and often leads to increase in trust levels and intimacy between couples, helping relationships to last longer.
- Leads to better skin
The maxim about post-coital glow may not be as mythical as it seems. This is because, sex often leads to smoother and more glowing skin, and also helps boost confidence as a result of it.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health.
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke.
Human body moves in an agile manner because of the wonderful coordination between the muscles and bones. The bones are connected to the muscles by what are known as tendons. These are fibrous, thinner than bones, but thicker than muscles and enable movement.
However, due to overuse, trauma, or inflammation, these tendons can be affected. Symptoms include constant dull ache, weakness, stiffness, and limited movement of the affected area. With exercise or sudden movement, the pain can be more sharp and severe. This condition is known as chronic tendinopathy. Depending on the actual clinical presentation, rest, ice therapy, heat therapy, exercise and pain medications are usually used in combination to relieve the tendon pain.
However, if there is no relief of symptoms, surgery may be indicated to remove the injured tissue. This will allow for healing of the affected tendon, thereby reducing pain and inflammation and improving range of motion of the affected joint. Many questions have been raised about the traditional methods of therapy and treatment for tendon pain. More and more innovative, but conservative measures are being used to treat chronic tendon pain, as they produce better results and have gained more popularity. Three of the most common ones are listed below:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Traditionally, corticosteroids were used for treating chronic tendinopathy. This was believed to reduce inflammation and therefore relieve the pain. Instead, injecting the affected joint with platelet-rich plasma provides the body with rich supply of oxygen, nutrients, and growth factors. This triggers natural healing. It is done as an outpatient, nonsurgical procedure, where the patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged to remove the platelets. This plasma is then injected back into the tendon area to promote healing.
- Mechanical therapy: Conventionally, static stretching of the injured tendons was believed to repair the injury. However, this belief is slowly replaced with doing the exercise with resistance in place. This helps collagen synthesis and therefore helps in promoting the tendon injury. After the initial healing phase, slowly introducing heavy, slow resistance therapy helps build back muscle and improve strength.
- Tenex procedure: Traditionally, if all other measures for tendon repair failed, surgery would be the last resort. A large incision was made, through which the injured tendon would be accessed and repaired. Recovery would sometimes take months. With advancements, however, currently, a 3-mm incision is made, through which ultrasound image is used via probe. This probe removes the damaged tissue and the surrounding tissue is also debrided. This minimally invasive procedure takes about 20 minutes and recovery takes about 2 to 6 weeks.
The next time there is someone suffering from chronic tendon injury, try these innovative and less invasive ways. Treatment and recovery would be more effective.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
- Kidney stones are known to the mankind since antiquity. Lot of innovations have been done in treating the kidney stones, but there is a very little knowledge regarding the stone formation and how it can be prevented. Daily water intake is one of the important factors in the prevention of kidney stones. Diet is another factor that can promote or inhibit kidney stone formation. Others include environment, body weight and heredity.
- The dietary advice will be based on the type of kidney stones, which will be recommended by the urologist. These recommendations mentioned below are general and for the most commonest kidney stone formers.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
Hitting the beach, going for a hike, mowing the lawn - when summer comes, a guy can't help but spend a lot more time outside. That's what the season is for, after all. But along with all the positive aspects of the summer, there are negative ones as well. And for many men, a summer penis rash is among those irritants. Even when a guy is at the top of his penis health game, he may proudly thrust off his trunks to find penis skin that is red, flaky or otherwise unattractive.
With that in mind, let's look at some of the things a guy can do to help keep penis rash under control as he keeps enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer.
- Go for light colors and light fabrics. One of the primary causes of skin rashes in the summer is sweat from excess heat. This can be especially true of a penis rash, as the double whammy of underwear plus a pair of trousers can significantly up the heat quotient in the crotch. Wearing lightweight pants can help to keep the heat down, as can wearing lighter colors that don't absorb as much heat. Some guys may also consider leaving off the underwear to stay cooler; that's one option, but sometimes exposing sensitive penis skin to trouser fabric may cause its own irritation.
- Go loose. It also helps if the clothes a guy wears aren't quite so tight. Looser pants give a guy a chance to breathe, and keep his basement a little cooler.
- Get out of biker shorts quickly. Compression shorts are great for biking and other sports, but they really raise the heat level - so much so that in the summer they can actively encourage the development of folliculitis. Folliculitis is infected hair follicles which create red splotches that resemble a rash. So dispose of the shorts as soon as possible, and jump into a nice shower for added protection.
- Be careful of pool chlorine levels. Most public pools are maintained at an appropriate chlorine level, but many pools in an individual's backyard may not be. Too much chlorine can dry the skin out or cause an allergic reaction, both of which can translate into a penis rash in some men. Too little can allow bacteria or parasites to thrive, which can in turn also cause skin eruptions.
- Go to extremes. To keep sweat (and the resulting potential for rash) to a minimum, try to schedule outdoor summer activities at the beginning or end of the day. The heat will be less in the morning or evening than it would be in the middle of the day.
- Choose cleansers. Going to the beach or the pool often involves using the facility's shower afterward - which may include using their soap and shampoo. When possible, a guy should bring his own, which he hopefully already knows does not cause a penis rash. Harsh commercial cleansers and soaps such as might be in use in a group shower often create penis skin issues.
- Be wary of tanning all over. Nude sunbathing, whether at the beach or a tanning salon, exposes sensitive penis skin to the unfamiliar rays of the sun (or a reasonable facsimile). Burning is the obvious risk, but more limited exposure can also create dryness, which can become flaky and rashy in short order.
Summer doesn't have to mean a bout of penis rash, especially if a man just takes basic precautions. This includes regular application of a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Healthy penis skin is more resistant to rashing, so choose a crème that will provide a wide range of beneficial vitamins, including A, B5, C, D, and E. While a guy is at it, he should be sure the crème also includes L-arginine. This valuable amino acid helps bolster the process by which penis blood vessels can properly open to accommodate the increased blood flow essential to premium penis activity.
Alcohol dependence, sometimes known as 'Alcoholism’, is the most serious form of drinking problem and describes a strong, often uncontrollable, desire to drink. Drinking plays an important part in the day to day life of alcohol dependent people, which could lead to building up a physical tolerance or experiencing withdrawal symptoms if they stop. There are varying degrees of alcohol dependence and they don’t always involve excessive levels of drinking. If you find that you ‘need’ to share a bottle of wine with your partner most nights of the week, or always go for a few pints after work, just to unwind, it is possible that you may be on the verge of getting long-term health problems. If you find it very difficult to enjoy yourself or relax without having a drink, you could have become psychologically dependent on alcohol. Physical dependence can follow too with withdrawal symptoms. It can be very difficult for some people to give up an addiction. Here are some natural remedies that can help:
1. Take it one day at a time:
You can start your road to recovery is by slowly reducing your alcohol consumption. If you have feel like you consume a drink or two after work just to relax, try to cut down on this by only having a drink 3 times a week, then once a week and gradually rid yourself of the habit.
2. Keep yourself occupied:
When you find yourself having nothing to do, you start thinking of drinking more. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible so that you do not think about drinking throughout the day. Find small activities to do in your free time like taking a class or reading. This way you don’t let your mind wander to other tasks like drinking.
3. Try bitter gourd:
Bitter gourd is the go-to vegetable when trying to quit drinking. Not only does it curb your need for a drink, it also repairs your kidneys in the process. Drink the juice of the bitter gourd in the morning when you wake up. The taste may be a little hard to handle, but mix it with some buttermilk and you’re good to go.
4. Out of sight, out of mind:
Clear your surroundings of any and all bottles of alcohol. Get rid of all the reminders of drinking and make sure to avoid passing any bars or pubs you frequent when you are outside. This should slightly help you curb your desire.
5. Surround yourself with the right people:
Make sure you hang around people you know will not tempt you to drink. Get together with friends who do not drink or have previously quit drinking to help you do the same.