Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Manek Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Melasma is a type of tan or dark skin discoloration in which hyper pigmented patches appear on cheeks, nose, upper lip and forehead. It is also known as chloasma or the mask of pregnancy when it appears in pregnant women causing them to lose their proverbial glow. It is also common among women on the verge of menopause (Skin Changes After Menopause), or those taking patch or oral contraceptives. It also tends to appear in women who are taking medications for hormone replacement treatment. Melasma is more common among women than men with a whopping 90% of women getting it. Melasma is also seen in other parts of the body that is exposed to the sun.
While the discoloration doesn't do any physical harm, it may leave you feeling out of place and self conscious.
Though it isn't totally clear what causes this problem, the common pattern of the problem in women shows that estrogen and progesterone sensitivity are associated with the condition. Stress and thyroid disease is also known to trigger this condition as both problems lead to hormonal imbalances. Sun exposure is also one of the known causes of melasma as it triggers tanning. Ultraviolet rays also affect the cells responsible for pigments or melanocytes.
Because one of the causes of melasma is hormonal imbalance, it often rectifies itself when the root cause is addressed. For some women it disappears on its own. If this doesn't happen, the doctor may prescribe external creams to lighten the skin. External skin treatment like chemical peels, dermabrasion, and microdermabrasion are also suggested depending on the severity of the condition. These are common skin treatments that strip away the top layer which may lighten the dark patches. Though external treatments can improve the overall appearance, it doesn't guarantee that the dark patches won't resurface again if the underlying hormonal problem isn't resolved. A combination of external and internal treatment can help improve the skin quality and prevent reoccurrence to an extent. During the treatment procedure and afterwards, you'll also have to limit your sun exposure and wear sunscreen regularly.
If you visit a dermatologist, they may mostly use the wood lamp method (a method in which the skin is viewed under a specific light) to determine the depth of your melasma.
Some treatments like those with tretinoin, an acid, cannot be used done during pregnancy.
If you've tried all the above but are yet to find relief, you'll need to find coping mechanisms. You can use concealers and makeup to cover the patch. You'll also need to wear and SPF 30 sunscreen and a big hat that shades your face.
If the disease is affecting you psychologically and you feel self conscious get help from a local support group.
The most important part of skin managment is Sunscreen, sunscreen and sunscreen. STRICTLY AVOID STEROID CREAMS OR TRIPLE COMBINATION CREAMS like MELALITE COSMELITE AND MANY MORE. It will give quick results and then you will get sensitive skin, white patches or vitiligo type skin unwanted hairs over face, thin skin and telangiectasia etc and also u become addicted to these creams.
Always consult a qualified dermatologist.
My forehead is dark, because of that my entire face seems dark, I even used tan remover for a month, my face got fair, but no change in forehead, what to do.
I have a dry scalp problem and it gets accumulated everyday, my hands always reach towards my head to get rid of them scratching and agitating. This scalp issue is getting on my eyebrows and face too. Please suggest the treatment.
My skin gets tanned very much n I also sweat a lot I am using photostable sunscreen whenever I go outside n taking depiglow tablet once a day and using melapik ever cream at night since 2 weeks but den also there is no improvement in complexion please suggest me what should I do? Is this treatment is helpful in making complexion fair?
Sagging skin can come about due to sudden and drastic weight loss, as well as the advancement of age. The supple quality of the skin is gradually lost to age as the skin becomes less firm and tight and begins to sag in certain areas. The skin loses collagen and elasticity which holds the connective tissue together, as we lose weight and begin to age. Also, constant exposure to harsh weather conditions including extreme heat or cold can make the skin sag. Further, sagging skin can also point towards poor lifestyle choices. All this makes the skin appear less firm.
So how can you fix sagging skin? Read on to know more:
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to a dramatic change in your overall looks. One of the foremost ways in which these habits show up is with sagging skin. So it would be a good idea to eliminate smoking and excessive, daily drinking from the menu so that your skin remains younger looking and firmer in the long run. These habits can also make your skin age before time, apart from the other health repercussions.
- Moisturise: Dryness is also a major factor that leads to aging skin. You can switch to a moisturiser that has Vitamin A and C as well as other ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid, which can make the skin look much younger. These kinds of moisturisers helping in replacing some of the lost collagen as they provide nutrients to let the skin breathe and tighten.
- Supplements: Taking vitamin supplements is also a good way to ensure that the skin becomes tighter. Vitamins like A, E and C are of paramount importance for the skin and these nutrients can make the skin shine with good health. So, you can ask your doctor about taking these supplements in order to make the skin appear tighter.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Injectables like Botox and fillers, as well as laser and other methods used to make the skin smooth, can also make it appear tighter and more firm. You can also go through a minor surgery to remove the sagging skin if there is a notable amount that seems to be dripping down.
- Exercise: Regular facial and body exercises will help in gradually toning the body, which will make the skin more firm as well. This is especially important if you have recently lost a whole lot of weight and are suffering from sagging skin. There are many ways to improve the quality of the skin and diet and exercise are the first steps.