Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Kamat HospitalYour feedback matters!
The term menopause refers to the dearth of menstrual periods for a stretch of 12 months. Although the average age for women to attend menopause is 51 years, the range varies from 45 years to 55 years. It is this span of 10 years that is defined as perimenopause meaning “around menopause”. During this time, a hormonal shift affects the process of ovulation and menstrual cycle.
Common menstrual cycle changes during perimenopause:
While a normal menstrual cycle has a particular flowing pattern of progesterone and estrogen, perimenopause doesn’t show any such pattern. Spotting and irregular bleeding are often faced by women as a result. Other changes include very long or very short periods. There could be months when periods might not occur at all. Some other changes include sleep disturbances, urinary changes, night sweats, changes in sexual desire etc.
Close to 25 percent of all women reports heavy bleeding during their perimenopause. Sometimes this condition is known as hypermenorrhea or flooding. The blood flow can be so heavy that even pads might not be able to contain it. Heavy bleeding might lead to anemia as well. At times there could be a feeling of faintness. If all these conditions prevail, it only indicates a loss in blood count. Some quick fix to excessive bleeding include intake of soup, thick juice etc. Intake of NSAID thrice a day also decreases the blood flow by a good 30-40 percent.
Prolonged bleeding is a bad sign and should not be ignored at any point. It is wise to visit a doctor or a healthcare professional to know more about the cause of bleeding. Doctors often suggest tests to understand the blood count and level of iron present in the body. Iron pills have been known to replace blood cells and fight anemia.
Other ways of treating heavy bleeding is progesterone therapy. If all else fails, a doctor might suggest hysterectomy. It is wise to explore a less invasive method before deciding to remove the uterus.
A woman going through perimenopause bleeding often experiences hot flashes. This is a symptom where a woman might feel hot and sweaty all of a sudden. It is often followed by cold shivering.
Disturbance in Sleeping
Approximately 20 percent of the women facing perimenopause reports sleep disturbances. Mostly, a woman goes to sleep at the right time but wakes up very early in the morning without getting any sleep throughout the day.
Excessive bleeding in the perimenopause phase can lead to vaginal walls becoming drier and thinner. There are instances where women report of wear and tear in the vagina walls leading to dissatisfaction during intercourse.
An effective treatment procedure for the condition called eustachian tube dysfunction is balloon tuboplasty. It is a modern surgical procedure which places a small balloon-like device in the blocked eustachian tube. The procedure offers long term relief to patients and has proven very effective in opening the blocked eustachian tube.
What is eustachian tube dysfunction?
The back of the throat and the middle of the ear is connected via the eustachian tube. This tube is filled with air and opens up while yawning or chewing. It does so to maintain or equalize air pressure on both sides of the ear drum. If the eustachian tube does not perform optimally, it prevents air from passing and obstructs while regulating air pressure. The blockage causes severe ear pain, ringing in ears and/or hearing loss. Common causes of blockage are sinus, common cold or ear or nose infection.
Balloon Tuboplasty procedure
If the occurrence of the obstruction is rare, then it is not a cause of worry, but if it is frequent, then surgical placement of tubes in eardrums might be required. In this procedure, a modified PTA catheter is introduced into a eustachian tube with the help of a special micro endoscope that allows the catheter to be placed in the right position. After the catheter has been positioned properly within the eustachian tube, the balloon present on its distal end is inflated.
The pressure is kept unchanged for 2 minutes, and then the balloon is deflated. After deflation, the catheter is removed under endoscopic vision. The results attained by using this technique show that the procedure for dilation of eustachian tube is very safe, simple and effective. Moreover, it confirms that balloon tuboplasty is favorable for those patients with stenosis of the ear tube. For assessment of objective and subjective parameters concerning postoperative results a specific scale identified as ETS is used.
Success rate of balloon tuboplasty
This modern procedure has proven to have an astounding success rate based on results obtained from clinical studies. Also, tympanogram normalization rate was found to be greater than control subjects treated with medical management alone. The improvement in the quality of life measures is also found to be higher. Moreover, zero risk or reported adverse effects concerning device or procedure was found.
The eustachian tube balloon dilation procedure does have associated risk factors. Associated risks may include tissue and mucosal trauma or carotid artery injury. Before opting for this procedure, it is highly advised to consult highly reputed doctors and know the details of the procedure and whether you are the right candidate for such a procedure. Being aware of all possible risks and benefits shall help you make an informed decision and achieve beneficial results.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in nueralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladona: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladona. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Xanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines, and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.
Stomach and gastrointestinal related issues happen with almost every person. Sometimes they may occur for a brief period while at times they may last longer. Both stomach and gastrointestinal-related issues show that there is something wrong and the body needs to be taken care of accordingly.
The normal homeopathic solutions for these issues are not only of great help in disposing of the problem, but they also wipe out the main reason or cause of the problem. The homeopathic treatment is totally protected with zero symptoms and ends up being of great advantage in the long run.
These medicines should be taken only on prescription from a doctor. The treatments are as follows:
- Nux Vomica: The homeopathic medicine Nux Vomica is of incredible help in the treatment of different stomach issues. It is the best homeopathic solution for indigestion that happens because of consuming espresso or caffeine, spicy foods or acidic beverages.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is the best homeopathic medicine to manage the gastric issues that emerge as an after-effect of eating oily or greasy food like fried junk food, frozen yogurts, ghee and margarine. The vast majority of the patients requiring this solution have no desire of thirst.
- China: China is the most productive homeopathic solution to alleviate a bloated chest, where the entire stomach area is brimming with gas. The gas may bring about serious pain in the chest. China is therefore, the perfect homeopathic solution for loose motions of the bowels.
- Arsenic Album: Arsenic Album is the best homeopathic solution for gastric inconveniences that happen as a consequence of food poisoning. The patients requiring the homeopathic treatment of Arsenic Album feel nauseous and have stomach pain.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medication Lycopodium is a perfect cure when the stomach feels full and there is a widening of the intestines even after eating practically nothing. There is a movement of gas in the stomach with burps that cause smoldering in the throat.
- Carbo Veg and Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicines Carbo Veg and Lycopodium are regular solutions for stomach related pain that are successful in treating gas in the guts. These homeopathic medicines can be used according to the amount of the gas in the belly. Carbo Veg is the best homeopathic medication for the treatment of pain because of the abundance of gas in the stomach. The belly is bloated and gets taut with gas. Slight alleviation is felt by burping. Using Carbo Veg can get rid of the pain.
- Aloes: Homeopathic solution Aloes is the best cure when the person has extreme loose motions. The stool is watery and the condition worsens with every liquid drink the person takes. He or she also encounters pain in the stomach and yet feels relieved after passing stool.
Urine is known as the liquid waste that is discharged by the body on a regular basis, many times during the day and even during the night. Most of us do not give too much importance to this aspect of our being. Yet, this is an important indication of many things regarding your health. One of the vitals that are usually checked when we are having any symptoms of ailments and serious conditions, includes the urine.
The colour, odour and even consistency of the urine can point at the state of your health. There are many chemicals and toxins that are there in your urine which may be checked in order to decipher the level of the waste going out and the chemicals in the same. This is an indication on the type and severity of the disease that a patient may be suffering from. Here are the things that the colour and odour of the urine can tell you.
- Pale hued: If your urine is pale hued, then it means that your health is in normal condition. This colour may also tend towards golden. This colour of the urine is down to the pigment called urochrome, which exists in the liquid waste.
- No colour: If your urine is colourless, then it means that you have been drinking plenty of water or even ingesting a substance known as a diuretic that is known for flushing out the bodily fluids at a faster rate. This lack of colour usually means that your fluids and waste are both getting flushed out routinely and that everything is fine with your body and your health in general.
- Brown: If your urine colour is dark and appears brown, then you may want to see the doctor immediately. This may also come with episodes of burning and pain during urination, which can point to a range of problems. Very dark coloured urine with a moderate odour may point towards an infection in the urinary tract or even the onset of a kidney dysfunction. Brown-hued urine may point at conditions that have to do with the kidneys as well as the liver, which will need to be checked immediately to make the correct diagnosis on a timely basis and begin treatment for the ailment in question. You may need more fluids in order to get the colour back to normal, as it may also be a sign of dehydration.
- Orange: Orange urine may point at a high dosage of vitamin B12, and may show that you are dehydrated, while pink or red urine must be reported to the doctor on an emergency basis, as it may point at a urinary tract infection (UTI) or prostate problems.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 250,00 to 500,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results.
Black pepper is one of the oldest spices known to mankind. It is found in abundant quantities in the Southern states of Kerala. Its medicinal qualities can successfully counter disorders such as indigestion, pyorrhea, coughs, dental problems and cardiovascular diseases. Black pepper is extensively used for food preservation owing to its antibacterial properties. Being rich in fibre, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K, they act as a great anti-inflammatory agent as well.
Here are some of the well-known benefits of black pepper:
- Beneficial for stomach: Black pepper enhances the secretion of HCL in the stomach which in turn facilitates digestion. This ensures proper digestion and keeps away diseases such as colic and diarrhoea. Pepper enhances urination and sweating which in turn ensures that external toxin has a safe out. It also has the capability to limit gas formation within the body.
- Weight Loss: Black Pepper’s outer layer helps in breaking of fat cells. Foods that are made with pepper are an effective way to shed weight. Once the fat cells are broken down, the body uses it as a component of enzymatic reactions. The excess fats are eradicated from the body. Black pepper can be used in curries or consumed daily in the morning along with hot water to fetch rich benefits.
- Skin Health: Pepper is a very good agent in curing skin disease such as vitiligo. The latter is a condition where patches of skin lose the normal pigmentation and become white. Recent studies have shown that pepper combined with UV therapy is a better alternative compared to chemical-heavy treatments. Furthermore, black pepper can successfully prevent skin cancer.
- Respiratory Relief: Pepper is known to be extremely effective when it comes to a cough and cold. It is known to be a great agent for nasal congestion and sinusitis. The expectorant property of the black pepper is known to attack the phlegm and mucus and give instant relief. The fact that it is a natural irritant, helps the mucus to get out of the body through the nostrils. This helps the body to heal quickly.
- Peptic ulcer and whooping cough: Quite a few studies have shown that black pepper is beneficial for patients suffering from peptic ulcer and gastric mucosal. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma and persistent cough.
- Anti-oxidant properties: The anti-oxidant properties of black pepper help to counter the effects of the free radicals helps to fight cardiovascular diseases and successfully counter life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, it can help the body fight premature ageing conditions such as macular degeneration, spots, wrinkles etc. Studies have also proved that black pepper enhances memory and impair memory loss.
Hello. Im 33 years old. My last period was regular, from 17 to 22. 9. From 5 to 10.10 I had protected sex. I was supposed to get my period on 12th october, but it still did not come, so im really worries I might e pregnant since I never missed one since im 15. I went to see a doctor on 17th october, who did a urine test and the results were negative. I took a home pregnancy test which was also negative. What should I do? I am currently traveling the world so it might also be the stress and not enough food.
My son who is now 6 and half years since more than two years once or twice a year he has 100 per cent blood in urine. When we give him water within an hour it will come to normal .We experienced when he has taken less water it happens. We have done all the related test and even genetic test. But all the reports are normal. Even yesterday he started having blood in urine but stop within 1 hour by drinking water. Please advise us what may be the causes and its prevention. Till now nothing can be diagnosed.
कपिकच्छु का कई फायदे और नुकसान को प्राचीन काल से ही पहचान लिया गया था. कपिकच्छु का वानस्पतिक नाम म्युकुना प्रुरियंस है. 10-12 फीट लम्बी बेल के रूप में उगने वाली कपिकच्छु के जड़, पत्ते और बीज को औषधीय रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है.
आयुर्वेद में इसके ताकतवर कामोत्तेजक स्वभाव और शरीर को स्थिरता देने वाले गुण की प्रशंसा की गई है. कपिकच्छु में लेवोडोपा जिसे एल-डोपा भी कहा जाता है, नाम का रसायन पाया जाता है. ये रसायन एड्रेनालाईन, डोपामाइन और नॉरएड्रेनालाइन हार्मोन्स के लिए काफी लाभदायक होता है. यहाँ पर हम कपिकच्छु के फायदों और नुकसान को जानेंगे.
1. साइटिका के उपचार में
इसका साइटिका में भी सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. कपिकच्छु के जड़ के पाउडर में कायाकल्प लाभ और नेटविन टॉनिक का प्रभाव पाया जाता है. इसलिए ये पीठ दर्द नसों के दर्द आदि में फायदा पहुंचाता है. इसके लिए आप इसका काढ़ा या पाउडर ले सकते हैं.
2. बदन दर्द में
कपिकच्छु का फायदा बदन दर्द में भी देखा गया है. इसे और भी कई तरह के दर्दों जैसे कि नसों के दर्द जिसे न्युरलजिया भी कहते हैं, शरीर के दर्द थकान, पीठ दर्द आदि के उपचार में 50 मिली की खुराक ले सकते हैं. इस खुराक को आप 1 चम्मच कपिकच्छु, 1 चम्मच शतावरी, 1 चम्मच गोक्षुरा की एक समान मात्रा 2 कप पानी में उबालकर, जब पानी आधा कप रह जाए तो इसे छान कर बना सकते हैं.
3. एकाग्रता बढ़ाने में
कपिकच्छु हमारे दिमाग को एकाग्र रखने में भी हमारी मदद करता है. इसके लिए कपिकच्छु के बीज का काढ़ा आपको नियमित रूप से लेना होगा. कपिकच्छु का काढ़ा लेने के दौरान इस बात का ध्यान रखें की इसकी मात्रा 40-50 मिली होनी चाहिए.
4. शुक्राणुओं की संख्या बढ़ाने में
कपिकच्छु का बारीक पाउडर दिन में दो बार 3-5 ग्राम भोजन से पहले एक कप दूध के साथ लेने से ये पुरुषों में शुक्राणुओं की संख्या बढ़ाता है. यही नहीं महिलाओं में भी ओव्यूलेशन को प्रोत्साहित करता है. इसके अलावा ये यौन शक्ति, सुस्ती, थकान, शीघ्रपतन, आदि में भी अत्यंत लाभकारी है.
5. पीठ दर्द में
पीठ दर्द में भी कपिकच्छु काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. इसके लिए 5 ग्राम कपिकच्छु के मोटे पाउडर को गाय के दूध के साथ पाकाएं. इसे एक चम्मच घी और आधा चम्मच चीनी के साथ मिलाकर लें. ऐसा करने से ये पीठ दर्द से तो आपको दूर करेगा ही बुढापे की दुर्बलता में भी उपयोगी साबित होगा.
6. पार्किंसंस के उपचार में
तंत्रिका तंत्र संबंधी परेशानियों में भी कपिकच्छु बेहद उपयोगी साबित होता है. आधुनिक चिकित्सकीय शोधों में भी ये पार्किंसंस और समग्र मस्तिष्क के सवास्थ्य के लिए बहुत लाभकारी माना गया है. इसे एक ख़ास दवा के रूप में लेने से लाभ मिलता है.
7. वजन बढ़ाने में
यदि आप दुबले पतले हैं और अपना वजन बढ़ाना चाहते हैं तो इसमें कपिकच्छु आपकी मदद कर सकत है. इसके लिए आपको 2 चम्मच कपिकच्छु का बारीक पीसा हुआ पाउडर एक कप दूध में मिलाकर अच्छी तरह पकाएं. जब यह गढ़ा हो जाए तब इसमें एक चम्मच घी डालकर भूरा होने तक पकाएं. ध्यान रहे इसे धीमे आंच पर पकाना है.
अब ये पूरी तरह से एक केक जैसा हो जाएगा. तब आप चाहें तो इसमें स्वादानुसार केसर, इलायची या लौंग मिलाकर ले सकते हैं. इसका नियमित रूप से सेवन करने से आपका वजन निश्चित रूप से बढ़ता है.
क्या हैं कपिकच्छु के नुकसान
- गर्भावस्था और स्तनपान के दौरान महिलाओं को इसके इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए
- इस बात का हमेशा ध्यान रखना चाहिए कि इसे जरुरत से ज्यादा मात्रा में कभी न लिया जाए.
- इसे लेने से पहले किसी चिकित्सक से अवश्य संपर्क करना चाहिए. इससे आप इसके साइड इफेक्ट से बच सकते हैं.
वानस्पतिक नाम सेन्टेला असिएटिका वाले गोटू कोला के फायदों का हम प्राचीन काल से ही उपयोग कर रहे हैं. भारत के आयुर्वेद चिकित्सा में प्राचीन काल से ही कई बूटियों का उपयोग चिकित्सकीय प्रयोजनों में किया जाता है. इसे आयुर्वेद में ब्राह्मी जैसा ही इसका भी गुण बताया गया है. मस्तिष्क पर इसका बहुत सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. आइए गोटू कोला के फायदे और नुकसान को समझें.
1. एकाग्रता बढ़ाता है
कई बार ज्यादा चिंता या तनाव की स्थिति के चलते हमारे ध्यान या सतर्कता में कमी आ जाती है. आयुर्वेद के अनुसार इस तरह की परेशानी को भी गोटू कोला के जरिए दूर किया जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको एक दिन में दो बार 2 ग्राम गोटू कोला पाउडर दूध के साथ लेना होगा.
2. फूली हुई नसों के उपचार में
फूली हुई नसों को ठीक करने में भी गोटू कोला काफी मददगार होता है. गोटू कोला, का सेवन करने से रक्त परिसंचरण में सुधार आता है. और ये फूली हुई नसों को विश्राम भी देता है. जिससे कि नसें पुनः अपने वास्तविक अवस्था में आ जाती हैं.
3. मानसिक उलझन ख़त्म करने में
मानसिक उलझन के कई कारण हैं जैसे ज्यादा चिंता करना, बेहोशी, गहरी सोच, थकान आदि. इन स्थितियों के कारण भ्रम या उलझन जैसी स्थित उत्पन्न हो जाती है. गोटू कोला आपके इस मानसिक स्थिति को सुधारने का काम करती है. गोटू कोला मस्तिष्क की कोशिकाओं को पुनर्जीवित करने के साथ-साथ मस्तिष्क में रक्त की आपूर्ति में सुधार करता है. इससे दिमाग में ऑक्सीजन का संचार होता है और उलझन ख़त्म हो जाती है.
4. तनाव कम करने में
तनाव की स्थिति में व्यक्ति के अंदर कई परिवर्तन जैसे चिड़चिड़ापन उत्तेजना, बेचैनी, निराशा, आत्मघाती विचार और आक्रामक व्यवहार होने लगते हैं. ऐसा मस्तिष्क में पित्त उत्तेजना के कारण होता है. ऐसे में आप गोटू कोला के साथ मुक्ता पिष्टी और जटामांसी का प्रयोग करें तो बेहतर परिणाम आता है.
5. बच्चों के लिए
गोटू कोला में पाए जाने वाले तमाम उपयोगी पदार्थों में एक ऐसा यौगिक भी पाया जाता है जो बच्चों के लिए बहुत लाभदायक साबित होता है. इससे बच्चों में ध्यान और सोच समझकर प्रतिक्रिया देने में ऊनकी मदद करता है.
6. नींद के लिए
नींद न आने की बीमारी भी अब बदली हुई जीवन शैली के कारण आम होती जा रही है. गोटू कोला मानसिक ऊर्जा को फिर से स्थापित करके को शिकाओं को पुनर्जीवित करता है. इससे आपकी अनिद्रा दूर होती है. इसके लिए आप 3 ग्राम गोटू कोला पाउडर सोने से पहले एक कप दूध के साथ एक हफ्ते तक लें.
7. मेमोरी लॉस में
मस्तिष्क की कोशिकाओं और एंटी-एमनेशाइक कार्यों पर सुरक्षात्मक प्रभाव पड़ने से मेमोरी लॉस की स्थिति उत्पन्न होती है. गोटू कोला हमारे मस्तिष्क में ऑक्सीडेटिव तनाव तो कम करता ही है साथ में मेमोरी लॉस को भी दूर करता है.
8. फटी एड़ियों के उपचार में
एक भाग गोटू कोला पाउडर के साथ सात भाग मोम या पेट्रोलियम जेली के मिश्रण से बना क्रीम दिन में दो बार फटी एड़ियों पर लगाने से राहत मिलती है. ऐसा आपको 2 से 4 हफ्ते तक करते रहना चाहिए. इसके बाद आपकी एड़ियाँ सामान्य होने लगेंगी.
9. मानसिक थकान मिटाने में
मानसिक थकान की स्थिति में आदमी थोड़ा चिड़चिड़ा हो जाता है. इससे हमारी कार्यक्षमता प्रभावित होती है. ऐसा हमारे मस्तिष्क में न्यूरोट्रांसमीटर के रूप में काम करने वाले डोपामाइन नामक हार्मोन की कमी के कारण होता है. गोटू कोला डोपामाइन के उत्पादन को नियमित करके आपके मानसिक थकान को दूर करता है.
10. घावों को जल्दी भरने में
गोटू कोला के पत्तियों का पाउडर बनाकर त्वचा के घाव पर लगायें. इसके लगाने से घाव वाले क्षेत्र में रक्तसंचार में सुधार होता है. मधुमेह के मरीजों के लिए ये ज्यादा असरदार है. इसे अल्सर वाले घाव या मामूली जली हुई त्वचा पर भी लगाया जा सकता है.
11. बौद्धिक क्षमता को बढ़ाने में
गोटू कोला का 3 ग्राम पीसकर गाय के ताजा दूध में मिलाकर पेस्ट तैयार किया जाता है. इस पेस्ट को सुबह खाली पेट गर्म दूध के साथ लेना होता है. इसके बाद नाश्ता न करके सीधे दोपहर के भोजन में हल्का शाकाहारी भोजन लें. ऐसा लगातार 12 दिन करने पर आपकी बौद्धिक क्षमता में सुधार आता है.
क्या हैं गोटू कोला के नुकसान
- गर्भवती महिलाएं और स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाएं इसके सेवन से बचें.
- गोटू कोला को अधिक मात्रा में लेने पर झपकी आने की समस्या हो सकती है.
- जहाँ तक संभव हो किसी विशेषज्ञ से सलाह लेने के बाद ही इसे इस्तेमाल करें.
Any festival is the time to celebrate. Yes, even the food you eat. Any occasion should not be feared, felt guilty about or stressed on( as to how we can lose weight or detox ourselves before the celebrations). Instead of focusing on how we may end up bingeing or overeating, why not think how we can ‘be' and ‘continue to be’ on a healthy, sensible eating plan not only before or after the celebrations but during as well. Diwali is the time to give, share and celebrate that giving and sharing, so what's more better than giving your body the nourishment it needs and it will in return share health with you.
Here are some healthy eating tips you can celebrate with-
1. Don't try to go on some fast or detox or weight loss, crash diet in preparation for Diwali. Know that the moment you go off it or let go- it will just be down hill all the way with your weight going up for sure. Instead, stay on a sustainable diet or eating plan and you can enjoy your Diwali meals in the right amount and portion. Then eating the karanji for a snack will not push the scales.
2. Avoid eating out of any emotion, be it guilt, vengeance or too much freedom. This means any celebration should not make you guilty nor should you consider it a time where you can allow yourself to eat like there's no tomorrow and it's also not to overeat because you are justifying all the pre Diwali restrictions. A good diet followed before Diwali will ensure that you eat without guilt, within the right amount and enjoy it.
3. Exercise is good not only before or after but also during Diwali. If you are not hitting the gym, it's okay. At least try and manage 30 minutes of stretching, yoga or walking at home. This will prepare your body to avoid any disruptions to the digestive process.
4. Avoid staying empty stomach especially on waking up. A fruit or dry fruits are a good option to wake up on. This helps to prepare the body to digest the Diwali foods you intend to have.
5. Avoid the fat- free, low fat, low cholesterol versions of any food. These labels make you believe they are healthy and okay to beinge on. Instead eat the sweets or snacks made in the traditional way, preferably at home/home made, which will make you eat it in a more portioned manner with the benefits of the natural nutrition of the foods.
6. Don't leave home on an empty stomach when visiting family or friends. This way you won't be ravenously hungry and you won't end up clearing the entire plate of sweets or snacks served to you.
7. Try to eat smaller portions of a sweet or a snack and distribute it throughout the day. So, have the halwa or laddoo in the evening at snack time, rather than nibbling on it through the day. This will help you stay full and not keep craving for the sweet throughout the day.
8. If you plan to have a late night party, try to have a small light meal before you leave for the party. You can then later have small amount of the meal at the party. This way you break up your dinner into two parts, thereby avoiding overeating late into the night.
9. Avoid alcohol on an empty stomach. Eat your dinner after the drink.
10. Stay hydrated throughout the day. Including lime water or jeera water is helpful for digestion as well as avoid the bloating and acidity.
Remember, if you have prepared your body to eat right and sensibly as well as stay active way before any occasion- you can enjoy the festivities without the guilt and stress of eating.
Milk is an important part of our diet. We begin drinking it when we are young, but our intake decreases as we get older. Some people shy away from it because they fear that it will add too much fat to their diet. Others leave it out because they believe that they no longer need it. You are never too old to reap the rewards of drinking milk. It is a great source of vitamins and nutrients, and it has several health benefits, such as:
1. Glowing Skin
Cleopatra took milk baths to help her skin stay soft, supple and glowing. You can do the same, or you can drink a few glasses of whole milk each day to get its benefits. Milk has several nutrients which help skin look its best. It has lactic acid which can act as an exfoliant and enzymes to help smooth skin. It also has amino acids that help keep skin moisturized. Milk can help prevent damage from environmental toxins because it has antioxidants. However, if you have a sensitivity to milk or dairy products, milk can actually aggravate your skin.
2. Healthy Bones and Teeth
Milk is a great source of calcium, which is essential for healthy bones. Not only do young children need it while their bones are growing, but adults need it to keep their bones strong and to prevent osteoporosis. Milk is also great for strong teeth, and it helps prevent tooth decay and cavities. In order for the calcium to be absorbed by the body, vitamin D must be present. If you have a vitamin D deficiency, buy milk that is fortified with extra vitamin D to ensure that your body absorbs the calcium.
Milk contains protein, which helps to rebuild muscles. Drink a glass of milk after you exercise to give your body what it needs to recover. It will help to keep soreness at bay while replenishing fluids that you lost during your workout.
4. Weight Loss
Studies show that women who drink low-fat or skim milk lose more weight than those who exclude milk from their diet. It is a great appetizer and it makes a healthy snack. Add a glass to your dinner, or drink a glass while eating a piece of fruit.
5. Healthy Body
Milk has properties that lower high blood pressure and risk of strokes. It reduces the liver's production of cholesterol, and it can act as an antacid. Vitamins A and B in milk can help build good eyesight. Milk has also been show to help lower risk of certain cancers.
There are several varieties of milk on the market, such as whole, 2%, low-fat and fat free. If you are concerned about the growth hormones used in milk, choose to go the organic route. With all of the types of milk available, you should be able to find something that fits your diet and nutritional needs.
I had a sex with my partner and with in 48 hr I take unwanted 72 pill. But my periods not comes yet. Now four days pass on. Suggest me please what to do.
Hi I am 26 years old and I have PCOS and thyroid issue and Last month I had my period on 11 sep and I started taking the ova shield from 30 Sep and this month I have not got my period till now and I have taken the pregnancy test on 21 oct and its negative. I still did not got my period wat else to do.
What is Laryngitis?
Inflammation of the larynx, i.e. voice box, is referred to as laryngitis. Laryngitis is caused by infection – viral, bacterial or fungal. Overuse of the voice, allergies, acid reflux disease, smoking and alcohol intake are some other causes. Laryngitis can be acute or chronic. Short term laryngitis of less than 3 weeks’ duration is termed as acute laryngitis. Laryngitis which has lasted more than 3 weeks is termed long term or chronic laryngitis.
Symptoms of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic Treatment of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic medicines can treat laryngitis wonderfully well. Both acute and chronic laryngitis can be effectively treated under the Homeopathic system of medicine. The Homeopathic prescription for laryngitis varies from case to case as per the individual symptom presentation. Homeopathic medicines are natural and safe from adverse side effects. These medicines set off the body’s own restorative processes to enable it to fight off the disease and heal itself. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines prescribed for laryngitis.
Argentum Met and Arum Triphyllum: These medicines are used for treating laryngitis, which occurs because of voice overuse. Argentum met is used when the symptoms include hoarseness of voice, and a sore feeling in the larynx. It is also used in cases of complete loss of voice, which is common among singers and public speakers. Hawking is likely, and viscid mucus discharge is indicated. Arum Triphyllum is also used for treating laryngitis occurring due to excessive voice use. This medicine is best for patients whose voice become uncontrollable and uncertain. Apart from a burning sensation, pain in the larynx when clearing the throat is also likely.
Phosphorus: This homeopathic medicine is used for treating laryngitis accompanied by violent tickling in the larynx, which leads to coughing. The cough worsens with talking and reading. Voice hoarseness is also indicated, which worsens at night.
Drosera: This homeopathic medicine is used when laryngitis is accompanied by dry and irritating cough. A rough, scraping sensation is experienced in the throat, and voice hoarseness is indicated.
ACONITE NAP: This medicine is used for treating laryngitis, which occurs due to exposure to cold air. The larynx becomes inflamed after being exposed to cold, and voice hoarseness is likely to occur.
Belladonna and Lodum: These are effective homeopathic medicines for laryngitis in which voice hoarseness is accompanied by larynx pain. Belladonna is used when the larynx gets sore and painful, the throat turns red, and there is difficulty in swallowing food. A lump like sensation, and a constrict feeling may be experienced in the throat. Iodum is used when a rough, burning pain in the throat is experienced along with hoarseness and roughness of voice. Cough is also indicated, which results in gasping due to extreme pain.
Calcarea Carb and Carbo Veg: These are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating laryngitis, when the symptoms include painless voice hoarseness. Hawking of mucus is also likely to occur in cases when Calcarea Carb is prescribed. Carbo Veg is prescribed when itching in the larynx is experienced along with voice hoarseness.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for treating laryngitis.
Stress is a major factor that leads to various complications in most of the health conditions. Hence, it is essential to deal with stress because doctors emphasize that if you can manage your stress, then you are already halfway through the treatment. But with HIV building up in your body it can be challenging to stay stress-free.
Effect of stress on HIV patients
Evidence has been found after extensive research that death may increase at times by 22% when an HIV patient starts taking lots of stress. So you can guess from the number what a huge impact stress has on HIV. Some other studies had brought to light a different angle of the effect caused by stress on HIV. It is said that the CD4 count and viral load increases by many folds in patients who have HIV and are under stressful conditions which have made them fall into the clutches of depression.
Steps that can be taken to curb stress-
- As the first step, you must identify the reasons or factors that are leading you to take the stress. These factors may be straightforward ones and something from your day-to-day activities. For instance, some might feel depressed about consuming too many medicines for HIV on a daily basis while some others might feel stress out because of the financial strain imposed by the disease. Sometimes the stress results from emotional reasons like departing from a loved one or being separated from the mainstream life.
- Once you have identified the reason behind your stress, you must put in some effort to get back to your daily routine and make your day organized. Mostly, it happens that people tend to extend their hours of regular activities and mess up with their biological clock. This should be avoided. Always keep fixed hours for your sleep, work and other activities. Add appropriate physical activities and proper diet to your routine which will help with your general health and help with managing stress.
- You must also learn to handle your emotions. Seek help in this case by attending counseling sessions with trained professional, especially when it comes to managing your sex life. Talk to your doctor and get all your questions answered because sometimes lack of knowledge leads to the development of doubts which lead to anxiety and then depression. And most importantly, spend time with your loved ones to obtain complete stress relief. This is one of the best methods to have a positive outlook on life while suffering from HIV.
So, while under treatment for HIV make an effort to avoid stress entirely to improve the situation. Follow the advice of your doctor, take the necessary medications and adopt lifestyle changes to lead a happy life.
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front.
Your good intention during intercourse might be to give your partner an intense orgasm, but orgasms aren’t something one can “give”. All you can do is make the conditions more favorable for the other person to have them by manipulating your moves.
Here are six ways in which you can orgasm better:
- Don’t skip the foreplay: Just like it is not a good idea to run a marathon without sufficient warm up, it isn’t advisable to skip or shorten the foreplay. Explore and find out and choose the right kinds of foreplay that take the arousal to great heights. Oral sex, clitoral stimulation and self-stimulation during sex are incredible in achieving a better climax.
- Experiment with edging: Try what we call 'edging'. That is, bring yourself close to climax, then stop short of reaching climax, and after a pause a few seconds, rebuild your arousal – again just close to climax. Repeat this until you can't hold any more and then come! The resulting orgasm is very intense and worth the effort.
- Try sex toys: Once in a while let a sex toy join the fun. Sex toys are useful in maximizing the pleasure levels during intercourse or solo.
- Use a lubricant: Don’t think that a lube just addresses the vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. Research shows that as many as 50% women get better orgasms when they use lubricants. The lubrication adds sensitivity to the genitals and helps get good orgasms.
- Target the C-spot: A lot of women have problems in getting orgasms during intercourse as the clitoris isn’t stimulated enough. The clitoris has the maximum number of nerve endings and during intercourse, clitoral contact is needed for most women to reach orgasm. Tip: Try out woman-on top, side-to-side and doggy style positions for clitoral stimulation. There are many more options too.
- Do not overlook the testes: Stroking your sack upwards right before getting an orgasm adds more power to the orgasms in men. The testes are tremendous pleasure points for a man and gently stroking them is useful in heightening the arousal which leads to a stronger orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.