Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Kalsekar HospitalYour feedback matters!
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to fungus. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff-
- Can cause pimples: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the break out of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
Have you experienced the ill effects of acne or have acne marks everywhere on your face? Acne or acne vulgaris is a condition where ugly scourges show up on the surface of your face. Acne causes scars, some of which might last for a lifetime. Acne scars ruin your face, and influence your appearance and self-esteem. You can adopt simple ways and strategies to get rid of acne marks. They are as follows:
Cucumber: Cucumber is ideal for the elimination of acne scars. It is a hydrating substance and is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium. These are vital for maintaining skin health. You need to cut cucumber slices and apply them on your skin surface affected with acne breakout.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel contains vitamins and helps in the fading and healing of acne imprints. Aloe vera is subtle having no side effects and does not bring about skin irritation. It works like an ideal moisturiser; it feeds the skin with vitamins and makes it gentler.
Honey: Honey is an effective natural moisturiser which eliminates acne marks successfully. You have to use raw honey for this purpose instead of processed honey, which is more commonly available. By applying fresh honey on your acne affected skin, you have to massage it gently. Combining ground cinnamon with honey makes the mixture an ideal pore cleanser.
Lemon: Lemon juice, which is an alpha hydroxy acid, helps in fading and healing acne scars. The skin gets revitalised as well. By mixing lemon juice in water, you should apply it on your affected skin. Abstain from direct sunlight during this treatment as your skin becomes oversensitive to the sunrays.
Coconut Oil: This is another beneficial natural moisturiser with excellent healing capabilities. You simply need to massage your affected skin areas with coconut oil. Leave it on your skin and allow it to absorb in. The fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil boost your skin’s health.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is quite effective in getting rid of acne scars. It is rich in sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) crystals, which allow skin exfoliation when you use them in the form of a cleaning scrub. You have to prepare a paste by mixing baking soda with water and apply it to your acne affected skin areas. Baking soda also helps in pore cleansing and prevents blemishes.
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplant hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots.
Sir, I am suffering from acne. I have oily skin. This acne are very small and mainly puss filled. It occurs mainly on my cheeks. I have good diet but still it comes. Due to this scars appeared. I have consulted with homeopathic, dermatologist too. But in both I got small time benefit. Im 24 years old. Im in this problem from last 3 years .i have already tried all stuffs even piss on my face. Please advice something good.
I have rashes on my thighs when I am taking treatment it's cured but after one month again it's coming.
I'm 19 year's old female and I have so many pimples on my face and neck and also very large pores on cheeks and nose. And very dark spots on cheeks. Please give me any suggestions to reduce them.
I'm 28 years female. I have taking skin hair removal laser treatment from last month, after 1st sitting I've facing under skin hair rashes and itching too. What should I do now?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do.
How can I cure blackheads, and I don't know why but my skin is getting very oily these days, doctor please help me.
Sir /mam please answer this question can vicks vaporub can remove acne or any harmful effects of this? please help.
- The first step in hair care is your diet and the two most important things in your diet are iron and protein. The hair cells are the fastest growing cells in the body but they are also the first ones to be affected you don't eat right or suffer with deficiencies because they are not required for survival.
- Try and include iron rich food like leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpea, soybeans and cereals in your diet. Doctors suggest that you consume iron daily. You also need protein because that's what strengthens your hair. Include complete proteins which are also rich in amino acids: like cheese, milk, soy, lentils, peas, quinoa and yogurt.
Make a paste of cucumber, tomato and turmeric. Cucumber will give a cooling effect. Tomato gives a glow to skin due to lycopene and turmeric(haldi) will reduce tanning and give a fairer complexion. Use this mixture atleast twice a week, it will give wonderful results..
45 days ago my mom was suffering from high blood pressure and long period knee pain issue, she is also suffering from thyroid and blood sugar issue. Within 45 days she got a wound in her armpit. When we consult doctor they told us all issues from that wound, they referred to another wound specialist. 1 day before operation her sugar down to 25 to 30. Then a sugar recovered in icu and again told to remove wound first, so we visit referred hospital where a big operation is done within her breast and armpit. Now 30 days happen of operation and we are maintaining sugar level from being down few days ago blood pressure was going normal. But now a pain and a paralysis feel in her west started. We have gone through MRI and get some Neuro doctor's doc take whole spinal, limbs mri and ncv test something like ECG and told us on mri her waist clearly showing twisted but that is from 6-7 years ago, they also told some white substances in her spinal which may be bacterial or tuberculosis infections, my mom is taking aayurved medicine for recovering paralysis effects also taking Neuro medicine Etocox 120 - 1 time Icon-od - 1 time Rb _DSR -1 time Tryptomer 8 mg Also one injection of depomedrol 80 mg one day nitro 2.6 - 2 times ranolz 500 - 1 time dilzem 30 - 2 time ondem 4 - 2 time 1 hr before meal eltroxin 100 mg - 1 time before taking food in morning Mom thinks she is getting better slowly by ayurveda but reality is that she is taking ayurveda from 20 days but condition not improve she walks 2 month before common but now after operation complete she can walk 3 trip a room by Walker, also she feels spasm all time and pain continue until she take ultracet. - 1 time myodril 8 mg - 1 time Suggested by an ortho doctors My problem is don't know how much time she will take many types of medicine and when this pain end for us. Please help sir.
I take homeopathic medicine for hyperpigmentation. Can I drink lemon water during homeopathic treatment?
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.
Skin pigmentation refers to the discolouration of the skin in certain parts. The colouration of skin is attained on the basis of the concentration of a pigment called melanin present in the skin. This pigment is produced by specialised cells present in the skin. Some affect only patches of skin while the other pigmentation disorders can affect the whole body.
When melanin is produced in more quantity, it makes your skin darker. This can happen in cases of pregnancy, sun exposure and Addison’s disease. Under production of melanin causes your skin to get lighter. Vitiligo is a condition wherein patches of the skin are not able to produce melanin. Genetic disorders such as Albinism is characterised by the absence of the pigment melanin in the body.
Other things that can cause skin pigmentation are burns, blisters or infections.
The types of skin pigmentation are categorised as
On the basis of appearance and texture, skin pigmentation is differentiated as:
- Patches of lighter skin
- Areas on the face that have reddened
- Areas that are darker which may be rough to touch or feel
- Any area that has been darkened or becomes light caused by injuries, scratches or burns
Darkening of the skin can sometimes be spontaneous or it may occur due to environmental factors such as sun exposure or sometimes genetic issues.
- Melasma: This refers to the darkening of the skin on the face. It can happen to anyone. Women who are pregnant or take birth control pills are more likely to develop Melasma. Also women who live in more tropical climates are prone to developing Melasma.
- Birth Mark: It is a patch of usually darker skin that is present since birth and is generally life-long. They are usually harmful, but if more of those appear, then it is better to consult your dermatologist.
The most common reasons are infections or injuries. Although, the more severe conditions are-
- Vitiligo: It is characterised by the presence of patches of skin that are lighter than others. This occurs due to the malfunctioning of cells in a focal area that stop producing melanin. This can be serious and you must consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Tinea Versicolour: The symptoms of these resemble Vitiligo, but it is actually a fungal infection that attacks the skin cells and causes discolouration.