Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Joshi Maternity & Eye HospitalYour feedback matters!
To lessen the risk of permanent damage caused by eye injuries, it is important to treat eye injuries immediately. Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
First aid for cuts in or around the eye
Do's and don'ts include:
Bandage the eye gently.
Do not rub the eye, do not rinse the eye, or apply any pressure.
Do not try to remove any particles.
Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories. They may increase bleeding.
Do not eat between the time of the injury and your evaluation with an eye care provider. This may delay surgical repair, if necessary.
First aid when foreign particles enter the eye
Do's and don'ts include:
Pull the upper lid down onto lower lid and let lower eyelashes sweep away the particle by blinking repeatedly.
Let tears wash out the speck or particle.
Close your eye and seek medical attention immediately if the above procedure does not work.
Do not rub the eye.
First aid for chemical splashes
Here are suggestions of what to do:
Use fingers to separates lids, then flush the eye with water from a faucet or clean container.
Seek medical attention immediately.
Cover the eye.
First aid for physical trauma to the eye
Here are suggestions of what to do:
Hi, I am 20 year old. My eyesight is weak from childhood. But then I did not notice much. But now my eyesight has become very weak. I'm afraid to tell at home. What should I do? Please help me.
I am Vijay and I have been facing unsteadiness (feeling imbalance while standing or moving and sometimes sitting) and blurry vision for the last few months. I was having BP (140/100 consistently. I had consulted doctor (general Physician) who had put me to neurologist who prescribed vertin 16 mg and for 2 weeks. I had taken it but in the evenings it would usually be very nervy and imbalance feel. I had also met eye doctor as per general physician advice who prescribed -0.5 eye glasses I started wearing it and I was getting used to it for the last few months. But the still the symptoms were not fully going and I always felt I did not need eye glasses since while wearing it I still felt difficult reading the monitor and could not fix my concentration/focus Again I met General Physician who asked me to take EEG and I had reviewed the reports of the same with General Physician. Doctor suggested that it could be anxiety/depression and gave me duzela 20 mg and CCM Tables (Vitamin, calcium etc) .I tool Duzela foe the last 3-4 months and still taking it and have stopped CCM tablets. I also took quogress for 2 weeks as per doctor advise. I feel a bit relaxed when I lie down for some time and then get up (imbalance goes off) and then comes again. I also feel relatively ok (not completely ok) in the mornings after taking duzela (20 mg) in the night time but after 3 Pm in afternoons I feel uncomfortable. I feel Lighting (visibility) is low for me when I am at office. I have not.
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hi! How are you? My brother is eye problem is (fractures in left orbital medial and inferior walls swelling of left inferior rectas muscle. Diameter of left optic nerve is seen slightly widening comparing with right) please give me advice.
My eye pressure is 24.5 Right and 24 left but normal should be below 20 what should I do to make my eye pressure below 20 it might be due to working on computers and mobile phone.
4-year old boy has some issue with his eyes since last 1 month. He is started blinking just his right eye very often and he complains of warm eyes. No other complaint. I tried artificial tear drops for 2 weeks but it hasn't helped. We have moved from India to Canada 2 months back temporarily.
My brother got lattice that is multiple lattice in periphery after undergoing an opthalmic examination doctor told as he is myopic it common but we cannot rid of lattice situation regular check up is key so I want to verified is this can lead to surgery in future how to reduce lattice when we should go for surgery his number is -3.
Hi doctor my friend told me that he feel sad and his eyes get tears when he hear emergency siren like ambulance etc what is his problem is any psychological issues.
Testicle issue in my body for last 3 to 4 years it's not growing according to the age I faces a lot of issues in my body like eyes infection physically weakness very soon tiredness felling body etc my age is now 22 my Testicle size is 8.9 cc and 11. 8 cc kindly suggest me what can I do & provide a good solution of my problem.
I am suffering from runny nose for the last three day. And watery discharge from eye. What should I do?
He has got blood clot in white portion of eye due to edge of handkerchief. visibility is clear. Taking Festive D eye drop, antibiotic and diclofenac tablets. Will it affect in future?
Hello Dr. I'm 22 years old girl. Approx. 25 days phle rat ko soyi morning mei uthi to meri left eye red thi or swell thi hlka pain tha maine fir 2 din I-TONE eye drop use kiya meri redness swelling khtm ho gyi but mujhe meri left eye bahot uncomfortable si lg rhi eye open krne close krne pr bharipan sa lg rha aankho mei mobile laptop use krne mei mere eyes mei bahot jldi pani aa ja rha and most imp. Thing mai apni right eye close kr k left eye se dekh rhi to hlka blur vision aa rha. Mai pichle 25 din mei 4 Doctors ko dikha chuki sbse consult kiya sbne med. Prescribe kri kaha koi prblm nhi med. Se shi ho jayega test krwaye sb normal bta rhe vision test krwaya usme 0.25 ka diff. Aa rha left aayi mei Doctor ne kaha spects ki jrurat nahi hai sahi ho jayega but mai pichle 25 din se paresan hu apni eyes ko lekr smjh ni aa rha kya karu sare doctors kah rhe koi problem ni hai but mujhe continuously problem ho rhi. Please suggest me mujhe kya krna chahiye kya mujhe spects lgane chahiye if lgati hu to kya usse recover ho jayega puri trah ya lifelong Spects use krna hoga ya fir bina spects k sirf kisi medicines se recover ho skta hai? Please help me mai pareshan ho gyi hu 25 din se sare Doctors ko dikha kar medicines kr k but meri jo problem hai usme koi relief ni ho rha.
Hello, I am 26 years old, using specs for vision correction from 2003. Now the power is -5.00 with -0.75 cylindrical component. The power is still increasing and is never stable. What could be the reason for this? I was using steroid eye drops for few months back in 2011 and I am worried now. Is that the cause for my increasing power? Can I undergo lasik though the power is not stable?
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.