Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
Leucorrhea is a thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge, it is a natural defense mechanism to maintain chemical balance of vagina as well as to preserve the flexibility of the vaginal tissue, it is normal discharge but if the amount of discharge is increase with foul smell it is due to vaginal infection or sexual transmitted disease. In pregnancy or before menses leucorrhea is normal!
1- Maintain personal hygiene.
2- Take proper diet.
3- Wash your intimate area regularly.
4- If its caused by std or pid, then consult a doctor.
Inflammation in the body is characterized by swollen, red, painful, and even warm skin. Inflammation can occur as acute or chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation occurs immediately and only lasts temporarily. If the culprit is not identified and the issue resolved, the inflammation may become chronic (long-lasting). Psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ulcerative colitis are examples of chronic inflammation, being a result of hyperactivity of theimmune system.
Top rich natural anti inflammatory herbs that fight inflammation.
Inflammation, especially chronic inflammation, can be extremely painful and uncomfortable and will lead sufferers to seek a remedy immediately. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies found in herbs that help treat this inflammation.
There is a substance within the herb turmeric called curcurmin which is known to be effective in treating swelling and joint pain. According to some studies, the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are very similar to the capabilities of motrin and similar medicines that are taken to reduce inflammation. Furthermore, studies have shown that turmeric can reduce pain associated with inflammation. It is important to note that turmeric should not be consumed by pregnant or lactating women or those with gallstones or bile duct problems.
This herb has long been used throughout asia, and especially india, to help treat pain and inflammation. Studies support this belief, showing that a majority of test subjects experience relief from pain and other inflammation-related symptoms after consuming ginger. You can simply incorporate more ginger into your diet, or opt for a ginger supplement, being sure to read the directions for proper dosage.
No, this is not the red licorice you’re probably thinking of, but rather the herb in its purest form. This herb is not only an effective anti-inflammatory, but also an effective anti-depressant and anti-fungal herb. Licorice can easily be added to meat, vegetables, tea, or pastries. Studies support the anti-inflammatory properties of licorice; however, it should be noted that licorice should not be taken in excess.
Basil is probably one of the most popular herbs and easiest to add to your diet for treatment of inflammation. Basil works in the same way as ibuprofen and similar medications in that it inhibits a particular enzyme related to inflammation.
Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and a powerful tonic, making it especially useful for use as an anti-inflammatory. Studies suggest that consuming rosemary extract can help protect cellular membranes from inflammation. While it should not be used in excess by pregnant women or those with low iron, rosemary is a great-tasting herb that is easy to incorporate into your diet to help deal with inflammation.
Garlic is great for your health for a variety of reasons, and fighting inflammation is just one of its many benefits. Garlic is so powerful it can help treat sinus infections, colds, and even hypertension. Working similarly to penicillin, garlic works by altering cytokines, which cause inflammation. You can easily incorporate garlic into your diet, or opt for odorless garlic capsules if you don’t like the smell.
If you can handle the flavor, cayenne pepper is excellent in treating inflammation. Its efficacy is in large part due to the high amounts of calcium, potassium, b complex and vitamin c, all of which assist in the reduction of inflammation. You may have heard of capsaicin before, which is the main active ingredient in cayenne; capsaicin has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body.
8. Ceylon cinnamon
Not only is it delicious, but cinnamon is also an effective anti-inflammatory herb. Studies support that connection between cinnamon consumption and a reduction of inflammation. Avoid taking it in high amounts, but otherwise cinnamon has very few side effects. It is easy to add to your coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, and more.
9. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is an effective digestive aid and appetite stimulant, in addition to its abilities to boost the metabolism. Most importantly, saw palmetto is also effective in treating inflammation throughout the body, even utis and testicular inflammation. You can easily get saw palmetto (capsules, berries, extract) online or your local health food store.
Additional herbs that help treat inflammation on a smaller scale include ashwagandha, arnica, gotu kola, slippery elm, nutmeg and black pepper. Whether you experience chronic inflammation or are dealing with inflammation as a temporary reaction to a stimulant, the herbs mentioned above are extremely useful in reducing your inflammation and the pain, discomfort, and other side effects that come with it.
I am only 28 but my right knee is giving me so much pain. Is a knee problem or some thing else. It is very difficult to even walk. What can I do doc?
I have a very fair skin but due to hoping outside home I lost my fair colour and its getting back day by day. What should I do to get my face fairer?
Actually I am having teeth related problem actually the teeth are yellow but I do not eat any type of Tambacoo and any thing which is harmful for me. So please give me some suggestions. What should I DO?
Hello doctor, I need a detailed diet chart to gain weight. Being skinny is somewhat affect me mentally also. So please help me.
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease.
Hi I'm just 18 years old and my hairs are turning white. How can How can I stop this? Suggest me some medicine.
Hi, my age is 28 I have pimples on my face and my skin is very oily can, you kindly let me know which soap I should use. Also let me know what I can use to grow my beard.
Basically I am from andhra Pradesh, I got job in Chennai. So I came to chennai. Since past 15 days my hair started falling. For that I consulted a doctor. He suggested me to use Mintop 2% lotion & Alobical Tablets. Is these medicines will help me? Or else I can use some other. Kindly give a response on this. Thank You.
I am 23m. I want to increase my height further. Others say it's not possible now. Give me proper info and procedure.
Do you know about the various benefits of yoga for your body and health? Yoga is the answer for a lot of aspects which everyone desires, such as a peaceful mind, a strong and flexible body and a healthy, glowing skin. It is commonly perceived that yoga aims at weight loss, but there are numerous benefits, which you can get by practicing yoga regularly. Here are the various ways in which yoga is ideal for your everyday life. It covers lots of aspects associated with your health and body functioning.
Yoga for overall fitness
You need to be physically fit, as well as perfectly balanced emotionally and mentally. This ensures that you are healthy in the true sense. Health is like a dynamic expression of life based on how happy, loving and enthusiastic you are in life. The various postures of yoga help in maintaining overall fitness, and balance both your mind and body in an ideal way.
- It helps in improving health.
- It gives you enhanced strength of mind.
- Your physical power and stamina gets boosted.
- Your body is perfectly detoxified.
Yoga for weight loss
Yoga is excellent for weight loss purposes. The Kapalbhati Pranayama and the Sun Salutations are effective yoga practices, which help you to lose excess weight. With regular yoga practice for a long time, you become extra sensitive to the types of food your body demands. This is effective for keeping a check on your weight.
Yoga for stress relief
Some minutes of yoga every day is a good way of eliminating stress that you experience in daily life. It refers to both physical and mental stress. Certain yoga postures, meditation, and Pranayama are ideal practices for getting rid of stress.
Yoga and inner peace
In today’s hectic world and the hustle bustle of daily life, every person desires some peace. This peace can be found within your own self and you do not always need to escape to the mountain to breathe freely. Practicing yoga regularly will give you immense inner peace, which is equivalent to a mini holiday to some nice, serene place. Yoga is very essential for calming your disturbed and troubled mind.
Moreover, yoga poses massage your organs and help in strengthening your muscles. The various breathing exercises and meditation forms associated with yoga are great for releasing unwanted, undesirable stress from your system. This, in turn, improves your immune system and prevents you from getting affected by frequent diseases and health conditions.
The chronic fatigue syndrome is commonly known as fatigue, which is caused by the build-up of toxins, resulting in disconnect between mind, body and spirit. Ayurvedic treatment is holistic, and includes meditation, diet, massage, breathing techniques and herbal therapies. The top priority is to reduce the toxins along with incorporating immune-supportive therapies. Once the toxins are removed, one should go on a cleansing diet, followed by 'Panchakarma', a more extensive detoxification process involving herbal therapies and massage oils. The final stage consists of herbal therapy to help restore vitality and energy.
The herb Ashwagandha prolongs life, combat diseases and protects both body and mind from stress. It restores energy and improves the muscular and neurological functions of patients suffering from fatigue. It assists in regulating sleep cycles, boost the immune system and reduces anxiety and depression. It’s antidepressant effect is equal to that of imipramine and it reduced brain levels of tribulin, a chemical marker of anxiety. Even modern scientific studies are now supporting its use as both a mood stabilizer and an anti-anxiety therapy. When used in conjunction with other herbs, Ashwagandha restores brain's level of natural antioxidants and measurably reduces the oxidative stress that contributes to chronic fatigue.
Rhodiola rosea, has been used in Ayurveda to restore neurological function, reduce fatigue, enhance energy, restore natural sleeping patterns and alleviate depression. It increases strength and stamina while promoting mental clarity without serious adverse effects.
Brahmi or Indian pennywort has been praised in Ayurveda as great option to treat Alzheimer’s disease and chronic fatigue syndrome. It has relaxing effect on veins, allowing an enhanced blood flow in addition to supporting mental clarity, concentration and focus.
Ashwagandha, rhodiola and brahmi are generally safe, but they can interact with other herbal remedies, prescribed medications and supplements. It is best to consult a trusted doctor before using these herbs to treat fatigue and follow dosage instructions carefully.
Herbs are only a small part of the Ayurvedic approach to healing. It has to be coupled with simple dietary and lifestyle changes which can speed up recovery time. Chronic fatigue can be a frustrating, baffling and debilitating condition, but one don’t have to let it control your life.
The fatigue can be classified into mental fatigue, emotional fatigue and physical fatigue. Ayurveda recommends vata-pacifying diet and daily routine, in addition to early bed and avoidance of mental work right before bed. The emotional fatigue can be tackled with Pitta-pacifying diet and daily routine, organic rose petal spread and regular meals. Kapha pacifying diet and daily routine is extremely helpful when one is suffering from physical fatigue. Most people have found natural Ayurvedic remedies to be safe and got relief with that work to remove toxins and bring the body back into balance and restore to health.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear.