Doctor in Apeksha Maternity & Nursing Home
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Apeksha Maternity & Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??
Are you aware of the connection between ovarian cysts and pregnancy? A woman’s ovaries produce eggs and sex hormones, namely estrogen and progesterone. Sometimes, a sac filled with fluid may develop on one of your ovaries. Ovarian cysts are common and are experienced by all women in their lifetime. Commonly, these cysts are painless, accompanied by no specific symptoms. As the cysts grow, symptoms such as swelling or bloating, painful bowel movements, painful sexual intercourse, and pelvic pain during menstrual periods are indicated. Other symptoms like breast tenderness, lower back and thigh pain, nausea and vomiting are also likely.
Link between ovarian cysts and pregnancy
Ovarian cysts are connected to pregnancy as they are associated with a woman’s fertility. Some ovarian cysts which can affect your fertility and hence pregnancy include the following:
• These are ovarian cysts, which are associated with complications in fertility and occur on account of endometriosis. This is a health condition in which the normal tissue lining around your uterus or the endometrium starts growing outside your uterus.
Ovarian cysts occurring because of polycystic ovary syndrome
• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is featured by the development of several small cysts on the surface of your ovaries.
• Irregular menstrual periods and the increase in levels of certain hormones are indicated.
• This condition is associated with fertility. It results in irregular ovulation that causes complications in fertility in many women.
Ovarian cysts which only affect fertility after becoming large
There are some types of ovarian cysts, which do not affect fertility unless they become very large. They are as follows:
- These cysts include corpus luteum cysts and follicular cysts. These are the most common forms of ovarian cysts.
- Functional cysts from a usual menstrual cycle do not contribute to infertility in any way. Instead, they indicate the functions, which lead to fertility.
- These are developments or growths in your ovaries. They usually occur from the surface of your ovaries.
- These cysts require treatment, but do not affect fertility in any negative way.
- These are solid cysts containing tissues similar to skin, teeth and hair instead of fluid content.
- These cysts too are not related to infertility problems during pregnancy.
If you are diagnosed with ovarian cysts and are concerned whether they will affect your pregnancy, it is important for you to consult your doctor. You will be able to discuss the various treatment measures, which revive your pregnancy chances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut that is frustrating and mind numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and lead a more fulfilling life. Before getting to how to reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside body. That is why mind controls body. It is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The Three States of Mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
Actions that need you to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind. The subconscious mind refers to information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks. The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled.
Unconscious mind also contains memories from past lives. That has been proved by father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Embedding positive cognitive scripts / suggestions through hypnosis helps in reprogramming mind.
A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind. The memories stored in our unconscious mind are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs. Thus, training the unconscious can help reprogram the mind and make it more productive.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious more efficient.
- Meditation: Meditation not only calms the mind and reduces stress, but can also help train the unconscious mind. Meditation helps increase your ability to concentrate on an activity and achieve the desired level of mental focus. This, in turn, helps develop new ideas and increases your belief in yourself.
- Visualize what you want to achieve: Merely telling yourself that you want to do better is not enough. You need to set a goal for yourself and visualize it to begin working towards it. Create a visual board of the type of house you would like to live in, the lifestyle you would like to have, the job you would like to have etc. avoid generalized visions and be specific about what you want.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy is a safe, brief and effective way to deal with many emotional and anxiety-related issues, such as those listed on the right. It enables you to deal with your own mental challenges and blocks, so that you can build on your strengths and take control of your life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A person, in order to be a successful sportsman or sportswoman needs to take a good care of his or her diet plans on a daily basis. They need more energy, proteins, vitamins, calories, minerals, carbohydrates and fats than other people, who are not involved in sports. Also, the requirement of energy varies in different sportsperson.
On an average, a sportsman below 30 years of age needs 3000 Kilo calories of food whereas those beyond 30 years need 2800-3000 Kilo calories of food daily.
The different requirements in the diets of a sportsman are explained as follows:
- Carbohydrates: It is found in whole grains and fruits. Also the diet should comprise of foods rich in fiber.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body which is why a sportsperson need it the most. It builds their immunity and increases the ability of the body to handle physical stress and strain. It is found in chicken, fish egg whites, milk, yoghurts, beans etc.
- Fats: They are required for the proper lubrication of the bones. They also help in the absorption and transportation of fat soluble vitamins. Have foods with saturated fats like nuts, olive oil, fatty fish, low fat milk and low fat dairy products.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Adequate amount of vitamins maintain the health and integrity of the cell bodies in the body. It also fights against the stress by destroying few unnecessary substances in the body and increasing antioxidants.
- Hydration: Proper hydration of the body is essential for a sportsperson in addition to other necessary nutrient requirements since it increases the functionality of the person. This is because proteins might result in constipation in the body the effect of which is nullified by the supply of adequate amount of water.
- Fiber: Apart from these, foods rich in fiber are also required since presence of adequate amount fiber in the body helps in having regular bowel movement in a person.
- Salt intake: Salt is an important ingredient in the diet of the sportsperson since salt is the key source of sodium which has contribution towards keeping one healthy.
दही हमारे देश के भोजन परंपरा का अहम हिस्सा है. ये स्वाद में बेहतरीन होने के साथ ही पोषक तत्वों से भी भरपूर होता है. दही में मौजूद तमाम ऐसे पोषक तत्व इनसान के शरीर को कई प्रकार की बीमारियों से बचाने में मददगार होते है. यह सेहत और सूरत दोनों संवारने में काफी मददगार होता है. इसमें कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन, विटामिन पाया जाता है. दूध के मुकाबले दही सेहत के लिए ज्यादा फायदा करता है. क्योंकि दूध में मिलने वाला फैट और चिकनाई शरीर को एक उम्र के बाद नुकसान पहुंचाता है. इस के मुकाबले दही से मिलने वाला फास्फोरस और विटामिन डी शरीर के लिए लाभकारी होता है. दही में दूध की अपेक्षा ज्यादा मात्रा में कैल्शियम होता है. इसके अलावा दही में प्रोटीन, लैक्टोज, आयरन, फास्फोरस पाया जाता है. आइए हम आपको बताते हैं कि दही आपके शरीर के लिए कितना फायदेमंद है.
1. हड्डियों के लिए फायदेमंद: दही में पाया जाने वाला कैल्शियम की भरपूर मात्रा हड्डियों के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद होता है. दही खाने से दांत भी मजबूत होते हैं. दही ऑस्टियोपोरोसिस (जोडों की बीमारी) जैसी बीमारी से लड़ने में भी मददगार होती है.
2. टाइप 2 डायबिटीज का खतरा कम करें: दही के नियमित सेवन से डायबिटीज टाइप 2 का खतरा 28 प्रतिशत तक कम हो जाता है. दही में प्रोटीन, विटामिन, कैल्शियम और सैचुरेटेड फैट्स अच्छी मात्रा में होते हैं जो डायबिटीज टाइप 2 से दूर रखने में आपकी मदद करते हैं. इसलिए अगर आप डायबिटीज से परेशान है तो अपने आहार में दही को शामिल करें.
3. पेट के लिए रामबाण है दही: दही पेट के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद होता है. पेट की बीमारी से परेशान लोगों को अपने आहार में दही को प्रचूर मात्रा में शामिल करना चाहिए. पेट में जब अच्छे किस्म के बैक्टीरिया की कमी हो जाती है, जिसके चलते भूख न लगने जैसी तमाम बीमारियां पैदा हो जाती हैं. इस स्थिति में दही सबसे अच्छा भोजन बन जाता है. इसमें अच्छे बैक्टीरिया पाये जाते हैं जो पेट की बीमारी को ठीक करते हैं. यह इन तत्वों को हजम करने में मदद करता है. दही में अजवाइन मिलाकर पीने से कब्ज की शिकायत समाप्त होती है.
4. त्वचा के लिए गुणकारी: चेहरे पर दही लगाने से त्वचा मुलायम होती है और त्वचा में निखार आता है. दही से चेहरे की मसाज की जाये तो यह ब्लीच के जैसा काम करता है. गर्मियों में त्वचा पर सनबर्न की समस्या को दूर करने के लिए दही मलना चाहिए, इससे सनबर्न और टैन में फायदा मिलता है. इसके अलावा त्वचा का रूखापन दूर करने के लिए दही का प्रयोग करना चाहिए. जैतून के तेल और नींबू के रस के साथ दही का चेहरे पर लगाने से चेहरे का रूखापन समाप्त होता है.
5. बिमारियों से लड़ने की क्षमता बढ़ाए: इसके नियमित सेवन से बीमारियों से लड़ने की क्षमता में भी बढ़ोतरी होती है. गर्मी के मौसम में दही और उससे बनी छाछ का ज्यादा मात्रा में प्रयोग किया जाता है. क्योंकि छाछ और लस्सी पीने से पेट की गर्मी शांत होती है. दही का रोजाना सेवन करने से शरीर की बीमारियों से लडने की क्षमता बढती है.
लू से बचने के लिए दही का प्रयोग किया जाता है. लू लगने पर दही पीना चाहिए. दही पीने से पाचन क्षमता बढती है और भूख भी अच्छे से लगती है. मुंह के छालों के लिए यह बहुत ही अच्छा घरेलू नुस्खा है. मुंह में छाले होने पर दही से कुल्ला करने पर छाले समाप्त हो जाते हैं. दही के सेवन से हार्ट में होने वाले कोरोनरी आर्टरी रोग से बचाव किया जा सकता है. दही के नियमित सेवन से शरीर में कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम किया जा सकता है.
दही खाने के नुकसान
* एड्स से पीड़ित और ऑर्गन ट्रांसप्लांट वाले लोग डॉक्टर से पूछकर ही खाएं.
* आवश्यकतानुसार ही खाएं.
* फ्लेवर्ड दही के इस्तेमाल से आपको परेशानी हो सकती है.
* कुछ दवाओं के साथ इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं किया जा सकता है.
Common Penis Problems: Curing the Penis Rash
Men who pay close attention to good penis care are likely to notice the moment something goes wrong. Since a penis rash can develop so quickly, it isn't unusual for a man to be perfectly fine in the morning but have an itchy, unsightly rash by day's end. Fortunately, most penis rash causes are quite common and can easily be remedied. In fact, as penis problems go, the penis rash is one of the most common and one of the most curable.
There are some common culprits that contribute to most penis rash problems; once a man determines which one has cause the issue, he can easily reverse the problem.
1) Skin allergies. Men can easily develop sensitivity to certain items used in the course of sexual play. While allergies to latex are the most commonly discussed, there are other problems that can arise as well, such as allergies to lubricants, spermicides that are often found inside condoms, and even the fluids from a partner. The result can be a significant penis rash, soreness, redness and inflammation. In some cases, allergies can be severe enough to cause an anaphylactic reaction, which necessitates an emergency room visit.
2) Contact dermatitis. Another form of skin allergy, this is a much more common and mild problem. It often occurs when a man comes into contact with something new, such as a new detergent on his clothing, a new cleanser in the shower or even the use of soap rather than a special cleanser designed for sensitive skin. It might even come from the use of new underwear that has a different fiber makeup than what he's used to! Once a man discovers the culprit, he can simply stop using it and the penis rash will go away.
3) Infections. Few things can lead to worse penis itching than infections. Infections often present with a rash that is incredibly itchy, bad enough to keep a man awake at night and make him succumb to the urge to scratch in public! Yeast infections, jock itch (a fungal infection) and some sexually transmitted diseases can cause serious penis rash, itching, pain, discharge and much more. A guy who has a penis rash that won't quit and itching that makes his life miserable must visit the doctor as soon as possible to figure out the problem.
4) Dry skin. Sometimes, simple dry skin can be enough to prompt a penis rash. This is especially true if a man suffers from conditions such as eczema, impetigo and psoriasis, as each of these can create a penis rash that doesn't respond well to typical moisturizers. Fortunately, dry skin can often be combated with a proper penis health crème, and conditions that don't respond to daily application should be looked at by the doctor. He or she can prescribe a stronger crème that will help alleviate the problem.
5) Heat rash. The simplest of all penis problems concerning rashes, a heat rash is exactly what it sounds like - a rash that appears during the hottest weather. It usually appears at areas where the skin has rubbed together or where clothing has pressed against the skin, especially if a man has been sweating in that area. Heat rash usually clears up on its own; a guy should take the time to 'air out' the penis and surrounding area in order to get rid of the rash and cut down on the itching and discomfort is can cause.
As with many other penis problems, simply taking the time to allow the skin to heal a bit can help ease penis rash and itching. In addition, a guy should use a daily penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to fight the most common issues of itching and rash. However, it's important to remember that if a penis health crème doesn't do the job, a visit to the doctor is warranted to rule out any more serious problems and get back on the right track to a healthy penis.
Everything a Man Needs to Know About Smegma
When it comes to questions of penis care, some situations are rather off-putting to discuss; but they need to be talked about in order to help ensure the best penis health possible. One of these issues is smegma, a buildup under the foreskin of intact men that needs to be addressed on a regular basis. Avoiding the issue can lead to rash, itching and even penis pain, so it behooves a man to read on and figure out what he needs to do to ensure his penis doesn't have to deal with this unsightly problem.
What is smegma, anyway?
Smegma is a problem that pertains only to men who have not been circumcised. It's a buildup of the body's natural oils, as well as dead skin cells, sweat and other substances. This buildup occurs underneath the foreskin, and usually looks like white bumps or soft balls. When a guy wipes his finger across smegma, it should be easy to remove from the penis.
All intact men develop smegma; however, their hygiene habits dictate who will actually notice it building up. For instance, a man who showers at least once a day and carefully cleans the foreskin during that shower might never see smegma at all. But a guy who doesn't have such good hygiene might find that smegma builds up and causes problems for him after a while.
What kind of problems can smegma cause?
Smegma is a natural thing, so if it is handled properly, it won't cause problems for a man. But if a guy is seeing excessive smegma, that might be an indication that he either needs to step up his hygiene game or that there is something else going on under the foreskin.
First, the hygiene: A man must clean carefully under the foreskin at least once a day in order to avoid the buildup. However, there are some who find that the foreskin is a little too tight, and that makes it tough to clean underneath. In that case, a guy will have to take special care to clean the area or speak to the doctor about how to handle the situation.
Second, the other problems: Smegma buildup might become much more severe if a man has an infection that is contributing to the cause. Sexually transmitted diseases can lead to a sudden increase in smegma, as can yeast infections. A good rule of thumb is that smegma, in its natural state, doesn't have an odor, but smegma that is formed as a result of an infection often does have a very off-putting smell.
Men should pay close attention to the presence of any odor from the smegma, as well as how much of it there is. In addition, if the smegma is accompanied by itching, burning, redness, soreness, penis pain and similar problems, it's important for a guy to get to the doctor as soon as possible to help ensure he isn't dealing with a serious issue.
Finally, there's a phenomenon called "smegma stones." This happens when a man's hygiene is so bad that the smegma actually has a chance to crystalize into tiny stones that linger underneath the foreskin. These stones can become quite painful and can lead to other serious problems, so it's important for a guy to seek treatment as soon as possible.
Daily treatment for smegma
The best treatment for smegma buildup is simple: great hygiene. A man can shower every day and take care to clean the area well each time. He should use only cleansers that are specially formulated for the delicate penis skin. Some men who have serious smegma buildup with no known cause might be helped by a course of antibiotics, but only the doctor will know for sure.
He can also reach for a good penis health creme to use after his shower. A crème that contains penis-centric vitamins and nutrients can help keep the skin smooth and supple, as well as fight odor and help keep smegma under control.
For most people, the natural progression of life includes meeting a suitable partner, getting married and having children. However, for some people, this last part can be tricky. The inability to conceive children after having well timed, unprotected intercourse for a year is known as infertility. Infertility is not a disease, but can be managed in a number of ways, including hormonal treatment, in vitro fertilization, surgery and homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root of the problem and hence is a viable form of treatment for this condition. It treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of a person. Homoeopathy treats infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation cycles
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing stress
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Reducing negative thoughts and emotions
The key to treating infertility is to determine the cause of this condition. To this effect you and your partner may need to be tested for hormonal problems, the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids and sperm density. The results of these tests and your constitution will determine the best form of homeopathic treatment for you. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat infertility are:
- Sepia: This homeopathic remedy is useful in cases where the woman has a tendency to miscarry the fetus. It can also be used to treat a prolapsed uterus and vagina and to regulate ovulation. It can also be prescribed to enhance a man’s libido.
- Sabina: Women suffering from recurrent miscarriages may be treated with Sabina especially in cases where the miscarriage occurs in the third month of pregnancy. It is also prescribed in cases where periods are profuse and bright red in colour, and for women who suffer from inflammation of the ovaries and uterus after an abortion.
- Aurum: Infertility triggered by depression, and negativity can be treated with this homeopathic medicine. It is also beneficial in cases where an increased blood pressure is responsible for infertility. Additionally, it can help treat an enlarged or prolapsed uterus and painful swelling of the testicles.
- Phosphorus: If uterine polyps are the root cause of your infertility, phosphorus biochemic supplements can be beneficial. This supplement is also used in cases where anxiety and stress cause infertility.
These homeopathic remedies can be used on their own or in combination with other medicines. When it comes to homoeopathy, there is no one-size-fits-all remedy. Although it has negligible side effects, you should not self medicate to treat infertility.
Liposuction can be defined as a surgery, which uses the suction technique to pull out bodily fat from various parts. It is more commonly used for certain body parts like the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck and the surgery is performed on both men and women.
However, there are certain facts on Liposuction you need to know about:
- Liposuction gives you better skin: It is proven that after a Liposuction surgery, the skin becomes more elastic, smooth and adjusts automatically to its new shape.
- The Process Of Liposuction: Liposuction surgery techniques involve ultrasound and laser for breaking down fatty substances and ultimately removing them.
- Time taken for the results of Liposuction to show: After a Liposuction surgery, you may not see the results immediately. Compression garments and/or elastic garments are used to get your affected body part to adapt to its new shape.
- The Side Effects Of Liposuction: A Liposuction surgery is mostly safe but in some cases it might just have certain side effects. The most common side effects are: temporary fluid accumulations, short-lived numbness, kidney and heart problems, internal organ damage/puncture, skin irregularities, etc.
Now that you know how it works, there are some factors that you need to keep in mind before going for a liposuction surgery. They are:
- Checking Your Medical History: The operating doctor should carefully review your medical history before even thinking to start the surgery. This helps to disclose a lot of medical conditions related to the patient that minimize the side effects.
- Checking Your Family's Medical History: The health records of your family should also be reviewed to check for genetic conditions and allergies that might be common amongst the family members.