Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Al- Shifa ClinicYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from fever for last 3 days .my blood reports are ok. What can I eat food in this situation.
My wife feels that her left leg shorter .Is it due to onset of menopause or ostophoraisis. please help.
Hi Doctors, I am maintain diet for past 10 days morn oats or ragi alternative days Afternoon three chapathi 1 egg white with vegetable and same for night. Green tea twice and horse grain alternative days and 5 days morning 1 hr exercise. Is this effective for weight loss upto 10 kgs in 3 months or should I add or ignore something. Please advise.
Hello doc Sir I used to take rajnigandha and tulsi tobacco for last 7 years I used to eat a round 10 packets everyday I left it for like last 10 days but I not felling well My body fells restless and legs pain pls suggest some medicine so that I can live a healthy life.
Dear doctors my head surface become rough and small white covering is coming out with nail. What could be the possible cause suggest.
I am 17 years old male and I have severe itching. I visited a doctor and he said it's fungal infection and he gave me cream and Itraconazole. I felt good, during medication was going on but after some 1 to 1 and half weeks the itching has again started. How to permanently remove fungal infection? Thank You.
Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment for Bronchial Asthma
Therapy for Sleep Disorders
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.
The condition of enlarged prostate occurs due to the enlargement of a man’s prostate gland, with the passage in time. Also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), it is more common in men over the age of 60. Some cases might have symptoms and others may be symptomless. Although the causes are relatively unknown, it is evident that BPH is not a form of cancer, neither does it cause cancer. The prostate is located below the bladder and is responsible for producing the fluid needed by semen. The growth of the prostate tissue that is associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia begins near the inner prostate which is a tissue ring around the urethra. Its growth is generally inward.
It is of common knowledge that in males, the urine originates from the bladder and flows through the urethra. BPH is a condition where the prostate experiences a benign i.e. non cancerous enlargement which leads to blockage of urine flow through the urethra (the urinary duct). The resultant enlargement, caused due to the gradual multiplication of cells, subjects the urethra to extra pressure. Further narrowing of the urethra causes more contraction of the bladder, resulting in the urine being forcefully pushed out of the body.
With time, the condition leads to the bladder muscles gradually becoming thicker, stronger and oversensitive. Contraction occurs even due to the presence of small amounts of urine, giving rise to frequent needs of urination. At one point, the bladder muscle is unable to overcome the effects of the narrowed urethra. Due to this, urine does not pass properly and the urethra is not emptied.
Some of the common symptoms of enlarged prostate include:
1. Frequent urination
2. Urgency to urinate
3. Difficulty during urination
4. A slow or weak urinary stream
5. Requirement of extra effort to urinate
6. Interrupted sleep due to need of urination
Sometimes, when the bladder is not emptied completely, a risk of urinary tract infections develops. Some other serious problems which can be a result of enlarged prostate include blood in urine, bladder stones as well as acute urinary retention (inability to urinate). In some rare cases, kidney and/or bladder damage might also result from such a condition.
Alternative medicine is fast picking up with its beneficial treatment for several skin disorders. Vitiligo or patchy skin is a common skin problem that can be effectively treated by the ancient Unani system of medicine.
What is vitiligo?
Also referred to as leucoderma, it is a patchy loss of skin colour that occurs due to acquired depigmentation of the skin. The absence of skin cells called melanocytes leads to nonproduction of the melanin pigment and as a result, manifests itself as patchy skin in several parts of the body. It can affect any area of the body including the face, neck, back, hands, and legs.
Unfortunately, conventional medicine has not been able to discover a full-proof treatment for this skin disorder, except for surgical intervention. Thanks to the yesteryear’s Unani medicine system, which has its foundations in the ancient Greek, Roman, Persian, and Indian medicine, certain herbal formulations help to treat conditions of vitiligo or leucoderma. The Unani system of medicine aims to create the right balance in the body by stabilizing the four humours – blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile, which constitute insulin, hormones and other fluid releases.
- Herbal powder and capsules are prescribed for the patient’s consumption depending on the severity of the disorder.
- Herbal ointment for external application – The affected individual must apply the topical ointment or balm before 10:00 am and then expose it to sunlight for around 10 to 15 minutes. After that, it should be shown back in shade and kept for one hour before washing it off.
Diet for vitiligo
Certain food items like banana, beef, sea food, poultry, citrus foods, pickles and dairy products are to be restricted during treatment. Foods with excessive tamarind and cashew nuts are also to be avoided. Recommended food includes all vegetables, fruits, eggs, and organic chicken.
How effective is Unani in treating vitiligo?
For years together, Unani compound formulations for systemic as well as topical usage are catering to the needs of patients. It helps to treat and induce re-pigmentation. There are several treatment modalities available to control the spreading of the disease and minimize the chances of a relapse of the skin condition.
There have been no reported side effects of Unani medicines and they are well tolerated even after prolonged use. It usually takes about 2 to 3 months to see a visible improvement of the condition. The disease tends to become stable after regaining pigmentation.
The Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine located in Hyderabad, India has taken several measures to eradicate Vitiligo. While conventional medicine does try to offer remedies to treat vitiligo, Unani medicine offers a cost-effective approach that is more promising.
What You Need To Know About Energy Psychology?
23 year male. I am suffering from headache sometimes a headaches reaches peak level in this time I am go to sleepy mode then problem is solved why this type problem faced me.
Undergoing Brain Surgery can be a very traumatic experience, and it is common for many patients recovering from brain surgery to face depression, spells of dizziness, confusion and weakness post the surgery. It can be very critical that family members and friends talk to the patient and be empathetic towards them.
It takes approximately 12-18 months for the brain to heal after a brain surgery and slowly and gradually the patient will regain all his normal functions and get back to his daily routine. However in that time they need the complete support and understanding of their families, as well may need help from therapists. This will help the patient in gaining back their independence as well as confidence in their abilities.
Here are some tips that will help you deal with a patient recovering from Brain Surgery:
After brain surgery, a person may feel disoriented and have some speech or understanding disability for a while. Family members and friends are advised to take pause when talking to the patient, so that he/she can easily understand the conversation. Speaking slowly is not recommended, as patients may recognize it and have an emotional outburst or feel hurt.
Caretakers and family members should also keep reminding the conversation topic at different points to the patient, so that it is easier for them to participate in the conversation.
Family members should also not react adversely in case of emotional outbursts, instead show love and patience to a person recovering from brain surgery.
Caregivers should make sure that the person recovering from brain surgery gets enough sleep and rest to recuperate.
People interacting with someone recovering from brain surgery should understand that the person's ability to learn and remember will improve daily, and any lapses in attention by the patient are not caused by any act of obstinacy. Your care and understanding will be essential for a person to recover.
Family members should also make sure just to give enough care and not smother the brain surgery survivor. It is essential for them to regain their confidence and a sense of competence.
Family members should take the patient for a neuropsychological examination--after treatment, 6 months later, and a year later to see if they are recovering properly. Caregivers should watch out for emotional outbursts, like rage, uncontrollable laughter, withdrawal and depression. In case of such symptoms it is advisable to take the patient for a check up with medical practitioner.
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.