Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Surendranagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay RathodYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 year 5 month old. White discharge from vagina. What is problem. How can solve it. Please help me.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
Low energy levels.
Changes in sexual desire.
Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
Relax and ease stress.
Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
Eliminate any eating disorders.
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.
We had sex a month back and I used condom as well. By mistake I did wrong penetration which means I put it in the wrong portion of uterus. We went to gynacs as she was bleeding for 2 days and she told is that there is no chance of getting pregnant but still she is worried as she dint got in periods when last week was due for her. So why is it so.
I have uterus cancer and done radiation therapy and chemo therapy before 6 years. I regularly go through the check up. Today I have seen a little bit of white discharge from my Vagina. Is this normal or my cancer is recurring? Please help.
I am 21 years old and unmarried. I have problem of irregular periods. I have habit of eating slate pens. Please suggest me the medicine name to regulate my periods ?
I am 24 years old Female suffering from hairfall problem. I have polycystic ovarian disease and gas trouble. I have consulted doctor 2 years back. He has suggested me to avoid oil food, masalas,sweets. Although I am maintain my diet, I have used everything natural like herbal oils, castor oil ,the problem (HAIRFALL) repeats.
Hi, I am 25 years old, married female, having a kid of 2 year. Last year I inserted IUD (Copper T) for long term contraception purpose. From 1 year I am suffering from untimely menstrual cycle with a continuous prolongation of more than 2 months, what to do? please suggest.
I and my partner had sex on 29feb. It was protected sex but due to some reasons for surety basis I gave her ipill within 72 hours and on 5march I took her preganews test and it was negative. But she had her periods now which was to be expected near to 18-19 March as last month it was on 19feb to 23feb. So is there any kind of problem?
Creamish secretion comes just after period. And period also doesn't came as it comes before months. I want to know. Its a early pregnancy or evolution symptom. I am really confused.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My thyroid report is negative but still I am fat. Kindly suggest that what should I eat to overcome my belly fat. Oftenly I feel hunger after 2 hours. Please suggest me some food that does not increase the fat and satisfy my hunger. I give breast feed to my 1 year old child.
In my pregnancy test one dark one light line docter advised me bed rest as my hormone lvl is low. please suggest me what to do.
We did not have baby after two years of marrige. The releasing cum from my penis is not going inside her vagina . It is coming out .
Homoeopathy is a complete science based on the principle 'let likes be treated by likes' so any treatment in homoeopathy takes care of individual as a whole i. E. Treating the individual in disease not the disease per se.
Homoeopathic medicines are highly diluted and potentised that when we use higher potencies the powerful nanoparticles of the medicine are released which have the power to cure most inveterate diseases ever.
Homoeopathic medicine should be selected after thorough case taking and individualisation only so that one minute dose may heal the individual completely but it is seen people self medicate and suffer later from the medicine symptoms itself cause as a general rule they have no side effects but in proper and minimum dose 'a medicine which can cure piles, tumours, ulcers, thyroid, cancer, if taken continuously and inappropriately why cannot lead to such disease symptoms which then become almost impossible to cure'
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
The way in which you drink water can seriously be a life-changer. And all you need to make is simple, minor changes such as --
1. First off, sit down to drink (just as you should sit down to eat).
2. Take sips, not full-glass chugs. Small sip, swallow, breathe. Repeat.
3. Sip water throughout the day. If you chug too much water at once your body doesn't actually absorb all of it. Most of it will run right through you.
4. Drink at least room temperature water. Warm is even better. Cold and iced water literally douse the digestive fire.
5. Only sip a small amount of water with your meals. If you drink too much while you eat, your belly won’t have enough room for digestive action. Remember this rule: fill your stomach 1/3 with food, 1/3 with water, and leave 1/3 empty for the digestive juices and process.
6. For the same reason, don’t drink loads of water before or after your meals.
7. As far as how much, we’re all different sizes with varied diets and lifestyles. One set rule of eight glasses a day simply can not apply to everyone. Naturally, the miraculous human body has it’s own built-in measuring system: thirst. If you’re thirsty, drink water. When you listen to thirst cues and sip water throughout the day you’ll be drinking the right amount.
8. Your urine is a secondary confirmation to know if you’re amply hydrated. It should be fairly clear and straw colored. If it’s dark yellow you need to drink more.
9. Your lips are yet another indicator. If they’re dry you might be dehydrated.
Click on consult privately to join my healthy online weight loss diet program and get assured result.
Hey I had done a sex with my gf without condom and I still not remember that whether I evacuated all sperms in her vagina r not. But I had given her unwanted 72 within an hour. Is thre chances of pregnancy.
Homoeopathic first aid medicines
* any sort of bruised injury- arnica montana
* injury to ligaments - ruta graveolens
* injury to nerves- hypericum perfoliatum
* fracture - symphytum officinalis
* head injury- natrum sulphuricum
* lacerated injuries (operation) - staphysagria
* when pain of remote injury remains- rhus toxicodendron and calcarea phosphorica
* eye injury, bruise or blow- symphytum
* strain to eye ligaments and muscles- ruta graveolens
Homoeopathic medicines act best when given based on symptom similarity.