Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. VishalYour feedback matters!
Hey, I am Chirag Desai from Surat, Gujarat. I am feeling too much hot in body and every time I am getting sweating. If I do normal work then also I am getting sweating and heating in body then after I need to stay below fan or Ac then after I can get cool. So should I do and what food shall I eat and what I don't eat. Please suggest me properly.
I am feeling from almost month that something is stuck in my throat, but I didn't feel pain while eating or drinking, but it irritates me so much now wht to do please tell me.
My mother is 63 years old. She is diabetic. She was suffering from severe loose motion. Now she is OK but become weak. As per USG report and blood test she is having fatty liver, ESR has increased, sgpt sgot increases. What type of diet she can take.
I am 27 years old. I am having problem of irregular periods since 5 years. Hd done my hormone tests and usg for pcos and all is normal. Have tried lot of medications from different doctors including homeopathy bt still nt relieved and also having problem of weight gain. Please help me out getting my periods regular and lose weight.
My sister is 19 years old and has pcos. What long term treatment do you suggest to keep her fit and healthy and reduce future health risks due to pcos? I have heard a lot about the medicine furocyst. Is it helpful? also, are there any better alternatives? please suggest long term treatment methods. Regards
My haemoglobin rapidly decrease now 11 .what should I do? Also problems of headaches, muscle pain, loss of stamina and power. It can cause of regular masturbate or something else .what should medicines I take to increase my haemoglobin level?
I am 21 years old and I am suffering with diabeties from last 7 years and I am taking insuline. I need my regular healthy diet, please suggest me and what should I do to control it in better way?
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.