Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa H PatelYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 26 years old and now having problem with my eye sight can you let me know how can I improve my eyesight.
I have a mild deutranopia and im in interior designing. I need to find a fix for it because it causes me very little problems between brown and red.
One of my eyes have power of 0.75 astigmatism, other one is normal. Can I correct my problem of eye with exercises?
Is there any discovery for ratinize pigmentosa -rp ? This is related to eyes and my son is suffering.
There is a little water flow from eyes and nose while eating or working on computer. Sometimes moving dark spots are also visible. Kindly suggest remedies.
I have having pain in my left eye and then this pain reached left side of my brain suddenly it becomes full headache. Please suggest me what is going on help me out.
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
How to keep eye health in the age of Computers for the IT professionals, scientists and engineers etc?
My son 3 years old. Doctors doubting about myopia. And assuming -2 power. Is this curable. Should he need to wear glass. He is very young. He will not wear glass. Please suggest on further.
1) when person has to take videonystagmography. When it is essential for person to take video nyatagmography? When it is recommended by doctor? 2) which reading of nystagmus is accurate? 1) reading of nystagmus on slit lamp? Or 2) reading of nystagmus in video nystagmography?
Sir when I spend a few minutes on laptop, I feel my eyes get irritated. I could not keep looking at the screen. What should I do?
I have to always sit in front of computer, what can I take prevent to take care of my eyes? I am an engineering student but I do part time job in a private company.
I had a recent complete eye check up at a renowned hospital. All the parameters including retina where absolutely normal. There was only a small change in my eye numbers prescription. The number had in fact reduced by 0.5. On checking my eye pressure the doctor told me that the pressure was slightly high and gave me some eye drops for dryness. However, while doing the eye pressure check up, the bright round circle image which I was supposed to see in the machine has formed an after image in my right eye even when I keep my eyes closed. This image also forms when I slightly close my right eye. However when I completely open my eyes the image subsides. I can see the image whenever I blink my eyes. The concerned doctor who had done this test in the hospital said that this nothing to worry about and shall go. However, it is now more than two months since I had got my eyes checked the image is still forming whenever I close my right eye. Please advice.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.