Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shammi Patel
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Shammi PatelYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shammi Patel to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you for your response. He is using calcium tables twice a day. Can he take hadjod tablet by Himalaya brand also.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shammi Patel to be well-reasoned. I consulted an ortho today morning only n he has advised me a splint. Thx a lot for ur concern
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shammi Patel to be very helpful. Thank you very much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shammi Patel to be very helpful. Thanks a lot
Doctor I got operation on my right leg to broken bone both bone and there is steel rod in my leg I can walk can you tell me some exasize for the leg I had operation 4 months ago.
I want to knw about the xray report. 1- Degenerative marginal Osteophytes with inplate changes and reduce disc height are seen at few level. please respond asap. Actually I have pain in hand.
Hi doctor, from past 4 months I having a left arm pain like burning sensation while resting without any work, and shoulder pain, not much breathing problems, muscle pains and neck pain, jaw pain, what is the cause is this related to Cardiac problem. And some times mild chest pain, I done ecg, echo 2d, x-ray and stress tmt all are normal, all are saying it's anxiety and cervical spondylosis, I am really scared and always thinks that I have heart problem.
I am suffering with pain on backside of the knee. Any ligament problem and I am able to walk for 3-4 kms.
My knees become painful and heavy at night but in the morning its light and no pain in knees so how to cure this problem.
Hello doctor my mother undergone surgery of HTO knee surgery for left leg she has diagnosed by doctor dvt so may I know how many days it takes to get cure from dvt.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!