Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay NandeshwarYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of brain tumour? What is the difference between blood cancer and brain tumour?
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with a doctor.
Walnuts Shields From Colon Cancer
Eating 28 grams of walnuts everyday may change gut bacteria in a way that suppresses colon cancer a new research has found by university of Connecticut Health centre in United States
Walnuts has the most poly unsaturated fatty acids of all the commonly eaten tree nuts as well as the highest ratio of Omega - 3 to Omega - 6 fatty acids and high levels of a form of Vitamin E with anti cancer properties
They found that walnut consumption tended to push the gut microbiome toward an ecology that was potentially protective against Cancer.
Hi sir/ma'am I'm 22 years I found a lump in my left breast since 8 months but there is no swelling enlargement or any symptoms but pain in time of menses please say me it causes any cancer in future what precautions I should take please.
I am 55 years old, acute prostate problem last 10 day, urine output has become very less and painful, allopathy doctor advised for operation, please advice.
Hello docter meri mother ke breast m lump ho gyi h ager hm biopsy karate h to kya iske failne ke chances rahete hain.
I have symptoms of enlarged Prostate and these are linked to my difficulty in urination, where either I have a weak stream or get a sudden urge for urination and not able to empty the bladder. Additionally I get severe ache in the left kidney while passing urine, forcing me to at time withhold passing of urine. Though this not happen every time. All xray or ultra sounds in the past have not revealed any stone of any kind. Do you think the pain is due to non emptying of the bladder. What should be my line of treatment. Thank you for your advice.
I had chewing tobacco and smoking habit even drinking but occasionally I want to quit tobacco but I fail every time I try I fear of cancer what should I do and who can diagnose my mouth to check whether there is any sort of pre cancer symptoms.
My wife is undergoing chemotherapy sessions towards treatment of breast cancer. Her appetite and sleep are severely affected. She has spasms at the base of the spine and thigh muscles. Unable to sleep at all on her back. Is there any ayurvedic treatment that can bring her relief concurrently with chemotherapy.
My father is 88, he has been diagnosed as having prostate enlarged with median lobe projecting into bladder base, he is under treatment of the doctor having given for prostate, a small dose of pain killer, and recommended not to have any surgery at this age. Do you think surgery is a must, or any alternate remedy for the same is possible. At times he feels slight pain near male parts while getting up or standing.
My mother is 58 year old. She detected breast cancer in 2011 and we treated completely with chemo therapy and surgery. Now she is fine but she is not taking any medicine regarding cancer .In June 2016 completely tested regarding cancer and everything was fine. I want to know how much time again test her and should she take any medicine for preventing from regenerate of cancer.
Hi, Char din pehle mujhe meri right side breast per chot lagi thi, main medicine and ointment lagaya, lekin pain relief nehi ho raha hai. Please please bataiye main kya kro?
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.