Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeetaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm 16 years old. I have shooting pain in my teeth. I think it is happening because of drinking or eating something too hot or too cold. Ao please help me.
I got my tooth (premolar in lower jaw) extracted 3 days ago. I still face the extreme pain from jawline to ears. It is unbearable and seems my ear is about to dead. Somebody would have entered so deep in ears. So to avoid that, I am continuously taking pain killer like Ketra2 Nd moxo even though doctor advised me two take two times only till two days. But I have taken almost for 3 times for 3 days. Still after 3 days, I can feel the extreme pain as the effect of tablet finishes. frequency consumption of tablets has caused allergy might be. I have two small ulcer in my lips. Please advise how long this pain will last. And any method to cure this at earliest. Thanks.
Dear doctor I am Having teeth problem as fluorosis since last few years and also having gaps between the teeth. Since this problem is arising I am unable to smile in front of people also. Please suggest me good idea.
My root canal treatment is running now but some day I go for outside and right now pain to the my teeth so what can I do?
I accidentally bites my inner side of lower lips. After 2-3 days, it coverts into mouth ulcer. Mouth ulcer is der from last 4-5 days. What is treatment for it? What medication should I take for it? Is antibiotic like ofloxacin required for mouth ulcer?
I brush every day but teeth is little yellow in colour. Then I use Colgate whitening paste but there is no result can you help me?
I am suffering from bad mouth odour. Since last 2 years. I use a good toothpaste and mouth wash too I brush my teeth twice a day but no result. Please suggest me something.
My sister is have pariya problem & also blooding from teeth. Can you suggests what I do for this? Which 100%work.
I am 24 year male habitual of drinking and smoking .i have very yellow teeth so please suggest what should I do.
I need to ask a question to dentist regarding bad smell in mouth.After taking food,the taste of food is remaining in mouth.After some time some smell is coming.I consulted dentist,he suggested cleaning.After cleaning also same problem is repeating.If any one suggest good solution,I feel very happy
When I sleep after some time my mouth full of spit and I have to spit. After spitting again my mouth full of spit. What is it. And what is solution.
My friend has lost whole 7 of his front tooth in an accident now what is the solution and expenses please help.
I am having problem with my mouth. When I wants to eat there is pain in left side of mouth in opening it. This problem continues for two weeks. I am tobacco free person. Feels like some bones are displaced while opening the mouth.
Eating a piece of cheese after a meal helps in pulling away some of the plaque and leftover tiny food particles from meals. And since it contains calcium, it adds to the health of teeth and bones as well.
Bleeding from mouth sometimes in every day when I suck, blood comes from teeth side. What should I do?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.