Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sahil Agrawal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sahil AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Hi What is the dental standard for defense? in my case orthodontics treatment is going on, so 4 teeth already extracted ( premolar ). And two wisdom teeth having root canal treatment. I have heard 14 dental points. Am I still eligible?
Thrill to fill
3-dimensional obturation/filling in root canal treatment (RCT)
Root canals are now painless, faster and more accurate with latest rotary devices and 3 dimension filling system. Least failure and better prognosis of the tooth.
Why remove when we can save?
There is a myth among all people that a dentist is confined to 32 teeth and he doesn’t know other medical knowledge but I want to share some points with you:
- Dentistry is a specialty which involves oral cavity and surrounding structures (similar to skin, ent, etc)
- It doesn’t deal only with 32 teeth
- A dentist is a surgeon
- A dentist deals with all the diseases with oral manifestations
- No other speciality in medicine has been further divided into specialities
- A dentist is an anaesthetist (he gives anesthesia for many procedures)
- A dentist is a radiographer (he takes the x-ray of his patients himself)
- A dentist is a children’s specialist (he is the only surgeon who can make children to sit for a surgery without general anesthesia)
- A dentist deals with oral cancer (he knows to take biopsy. Oral cancer tops the various other cancers which occur in humans)
- A dentist is an bone specialist he deals with double joint i. E temporomandibular joint which is only one double joint in the body
- A dentist deals with trigeminal neuralgia so a neurologist
- A dentist knows the aids symptoms which manifest mainly in oral cavity
- As a surgeon he knows how to control bp and sugar so a diabetologist
- He makes smiles and helps to make love
Happy dentists day to all my dentist friends!
My teeth has become too sensitive after missed abortion and having pain on right teeth what should I do. I am taking folxt tab, thyronorm, Aspirin tab.
Mere throat mai 1 month se pain hai. Meri tongue mai white colour ke spots bhi hai. Aur weakness bohot zyada hai.
I 29 year old, and I am suffering from gum disease which causes lots of pain and swellings of gum very frequently, for I am unable to eat. Please suggest some permanent solution I can follow.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson’s disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.