Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohit Shah
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Hair Care Procedure
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Treatment of Hair Diseases
Androgenetic Alopecia Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from baldness, but Dr Rohit Shah was able to handle it. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The overall cleanliness in the Alopecia Treatment Center was amazing. By chance, I approached Rohit Shah for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me with full patience. Even though Dr Rohit Shah is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. It was amazing, the Alopecia Treatment Center was so nicely made. The hair restoration treatment he suggested was very effective.
Never thought I will suffer from something hair loss like this. Dr Rohit Shah has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Rohit Shah. The overall atmosphere in the Alopecia Treatment Center is very soothing. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. In the very first sitting, Dr Rohit Shah clearly told us the problem and the what the hair loss treatment procedure will be in future.
I was diagnosed with problem in gain weight. He ensures that he listens to his patients. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from this problem. The entire Alopecia Treatment Center was spotlessly, clean. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Rohit Shah. The Alopecia Treatment Center is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Rohit Shah to anyone gladly. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.
I was having this hair fallt the symptoms were not very visible. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Rohit Shah guided me to change my attitude. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. As someone I knew, consulted this Dr Rohit Shah and they referred us. He has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The overall atmosphere in the Alopecia Treatment Center is very soothing. I am benefitted with his hair regrowth treatment.
The hair fall was increasing day by day. The waiting area in the Alopecia Treatment Center is very comfortable for elderly patients.His hair growth treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The overall atmosphere in the Alopecia Treatment Center is very soothing. Our family physician personally recommended this Rohit Shah. Dr Rohit Shah has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
I had lost hope, but the female hair loss treatment given by Dr Rohit Shah has helped me regain my confidence. All of sudden I developed this female hair loss and didn't know what to do. Even though Dr Rohit Shah is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. Dr Rohit Shah has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail.
I was suffering from hair loss. Dr Rohit Shah is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Our family physician personally recommended Dr Rohit Shah. The atmosphere in the Alopecia Treatment Center is always so positive and full of life. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. Dr Rohit Shah certainly knows the in and out of his speciality.
I was having small penis size du to which I was quite depressed. I consulted many doctors but I could not see any change in myself. Atlast I chose to consult an ayurveda specialist, Dr Rohit. I thank him for the treatment he offered has helped me immensly.
Dr. Rohit Shah provides answers that are saved my life. Thanks
Excellent Response. Clinic atmosphere is good.
Anemia, as known to many, is a medical condition triggered by low hemoglobin levels. More than often, iron deficiency acts as a catalyst giving rise to anemia. While fatigue, headache, palpitations, skin pallor, and dizziness are characteristic of anemia, many people also suffer from hair loss. Here too, the iron deficiency acts as contributing factor interfering with the healthy growth cycle of the hair. In some cases, the hair loss may mimic the male and female pattern baldness as observed in the case of Alopecia. While anemia and the related hair loss can affect anyone irrespective of their age and sex, women of reproductive age, as well as teenagers, are more susceptible to this. In this article, we will discuss the anemia and iron deficiency induced hair loss in brief and the preventive measures to deal with the situation.
Anemia-related Hair Loss
In anemia, there is a significant fall in the hemoglobin level. Hemoglobin acts as an oxygen carrier to different body cells and tissues, including those of the hair follicles to ensure healthy cell growth and repairment. Low hemoglobin levels result in inadequate oxygen supply, one of the prime factors responsible for hair loss.
Ferritin, a storage protein (cellular protein) for iron contributes significantly towards a healthy growth cycle of the hair (stimulates the anagen or the growth phase). In the case of anemia, to meet the iron requirements of the vital organs such as the heart, the body starts utilizing the ferritin stored in hair bulb and other non-essential tissues. This dip in the ferritin level affects the hair growth. A ferritin blood test often helps in the diagnosis of iron deficiency and anemia.
Preventive measures to deal with anemia related hair loss
With the iron deficiency and the associated symptoms being taken care of, the anemia triggered hair loss can be controlled and reversed. In addition to the medications and treatment, one also needs to take care of their general health and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Never go for self-medication. It will only worsen the situation. Two individuals can have the same medical problem but triggered by different factors. Always consult a doctor before trying any medicines.
- Follow a healthy diet: People dealing with anemia and iron deficiency should enrich their diet with foods rich in iron such as lean meat, liver, spinach, beetroot, nuts and dry fruits (walnuts, almonds), prunes, parsley, broccoli (the florets), to name a few. Foods rich in vitamin C, almonds, are known to promote hair growth.
- Avoid drinking tea between meals as this unhealthy practice is known to interfere with the absorption of iron.
- Maintain a healthy hair care routine
- Oil massage your hair at least twice a week.
- Be gentle while combing the hair.
- Try and use a mild shampoo (or as the doctor recommended).
- Avoid excessive use of hair styling products and chemicals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 27 years old using minscalp 10% for last 10 day, I'm feeling like decreasing in sexual activities. So please tel me if it is continues after treatment?
Menopause brings about a lot of changes (physical, mental, emotional) within a woman. From hormonal imbalance to mood swings, she braves them all. One of the common occurrence associated with menopause is hair fall. As already mentioned, the hormonal imbalance is an integral part of menopause. The testosterone level shoots up while there is a dip in the estrogen level. The testosterone produced in excess gets converted to another hormone - Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the main wrecker in chief that latches itself to the hair follicles. As a result, the hair follicle abruptly enters into the resting phase or the Telogen phase. There is thus an increased hair fall with reduced hair regrowth.
The deficiency of estrogen is also known to cause dryness of the scalp, thereby accelerating the hair loss. The hair loss can also be an outcome of stress, insomnia, or any other health problems triggered by menopause. Natural remedies for treating hair loss triggered by Menopause
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: It can go a long way to balance the hormone thereby arresting the hair loss. However natural remedies along with a proper diet and healthy lifestyle habits can also work wonders to deal with the hair loss.
- Moisturize the Scalp: Keeping the scalp well nourished and moisturized can help to combat the hair loss. To deal with the dryness, you can massage your scalp with the extracts of Aloe vera for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. The use of hibiscus paste or neem paste (antifungal, antibacterial properties) will also produce fruitful results.
- Oil massage: An oil massage (coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, evening primrose oil) will improve the circulation, ensuring healthy hair growth. The evening primrose oil is also effective in inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT. (You can also consume it in capsule form). Go for a warm oil massage at least twice a week, keep it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo that suits your hair.
- Hair mask: A hair mask comprising of olive oil and egg is known to promote hair growth to a great extent. All you need is two eggs (well beaten) and olive oil (~ 4 tbsp). Mix the ingredients well and apply it throughout your hair. Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Drink fluids: For people dealing with hair problems, keeping the body well hydrated is important. In addition to water, you can also sip on coconut water or fresh fruit juice at regular time intervals. In fact, papaya, watermelon, cucumber are also known to keep the body hydrated and moisturized.
- Healthy lifestyle habits: Do not compromise with your sleep. Maintain the body weight within healthy limits. Exercise regularly (30 minutes a day can also be of great help).
- Smoking and drinking should be within limits. Avoid getting overstressed (meditation and breathing exercise may help).
- Switch over to a healthy and nutritious diet: Include more of proteins, vitamins (Vitamin C and E), lots of fruits and vegetables, foods rich in antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair and scalp health are closely interlinked with each other. A healthy scalp is an indicator of healthy hair, thus, focus on improving the scalp condition. Usually scalp is either dry or oily, both the conditions in excess is bad. Problems in the hair is a sign of dosha imbalance in the body, so various remedies may be adhered to so that the imbalance is corrected.
Ayurveda, being a holistic method of treatment, has a beneficial effect on the body. Ayurveda has the following remedies to improve scalp and hair health:
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your scalp. The foods you eat is an indicator of your hair health. Avoid eating junk foods as these foods results in accumulation of toxins in the body. Include leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet as they contain antioxidants which are good for your skin health.
- Keep your scalp clean: Use an herbal shampoo to cleanse your hair on a regular basis, followed by an herbal conditioner to retain the moisture in your hair. The shampoo should contain herbal ingredients such as neem and shikhakai as they have anti-bacterial properties. Make sure to wash your hair every alternate day, as excessive washing may lead to an oily scalp.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging your scalp improves blood circulation in your scalp, and also assists in dissipating stress from your scalp. The oil nourishes the scalp and helps in improving the quality of your hair.
- Sleep: Quality sleep is as important for hair as your diet. Make sure you get 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to revitalize your body.
- Herbs: Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, you may also use herbs like methi. Methi has certain properties that make it a very effective remedy for hair growth. You may apply methi paste on your hair before shampooing. Aloevera is another herb that is very good for your hair and skin health. You may consume it or apply it on the hair to avail its benefits.
- Not to wash your hair alternate days and leave it without applying oil.
- Plastic combs are not good as they get charged due to friction and pull the hair, so apply coconut oil daily to smoothly comb the hair and wash hair twice a week.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is very common amongst women of reproductive age. This condition affects the ovaries and is one of the leading causes of infertility. Increased hair fall is one of the other effects of this disease. According to Ayurveda, PCOS brings the Kapha dosha that normally can be found in the upper half of the body downwards along with the Pitta dosha. This affects the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis. One of the impacts of this disbalance is a loss of nutrition to tissues including the hair follicles. Without proper nutrition, the hair follicles begin to die and fall off.
Thus, addressing the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis is one way to treat hair fall caused by PCOS. Some forms of Ayurvedic treatment that can be used for this include:
- Sarvangadhara: This involves pouring medicated oils and milk over the body.
- Shirodhara: In this form of treatment, milk and medicated oils are poured in a continuous stream over the head.
- Udwarthana or powder massage
- Abhyangaor a massage with medicated oil
- Swedana or sweat inducing treatments
Other forms of Ayurvedic treatment that may be used to treat PCOS and hair fall associated with it are:
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma means 5 therapies. The 5 therapies themselves vary from case to case. This helps deal with a number of issues caused by PCOS. For example, it helps regulate body weight, hormonal secretions, removes toxins, decreases resistance to insulin and enhances metabolism. The effect of this can also be seen on hair growth as hair fall is lessened and hair regrowth is enhanced.
- Herbal Remedies: A number of herbs also have a beneficial effect on hair fall caused by PCOS. They stimulate ovulation and regulate menstruation to balance hormone levels, destroy cysts in the ovaries, regulate blood flow during menstruation and aid in natural conception. Some of these herbs include Ashokarishta, Shatavari, Raja pravartinivati, Kumaryasava, Dashamoolakashayam, and Saptasaramkashayam.
- Yoga: Yoga is not directly beneficial for hair loss but it treats PCOS as a whole. It helps release stress and eases the symptoms associated with PCOS including hair fall. Pranayama is one of the primary yoga exercises beneficial for PCOS. This helps relax the mind and detoxify the system. Other yoga asanas that can help reduce hair fall include the Suryanamaskar, Bhujangasana, Sirsasana, Salabhasana, Sarvangasana, and Badhakonasana
Along with this, it is necessary to eat a well-balanced diet, avoid junk food, get adequate sleep at night and meditate regularly to improve one’s emotional health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi docs, my hairs started falling and I can see my scalp easily so I started using minoxyf lotion and medicine like fasteriod but now my hairs started falling in more quantity im 23 years boy.
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, lifestyle-related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one-third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair-related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.
Flaunting a gorgeous mane of hair that shines with the glow of health is something that we all crave for. There are myriad ways of promoting good hair growth despite weather conditions and other factors that sometimes cause hair loss and related hair problems. One of the ways of doing this is by stimulating the hair follicles at the ends of our roots so that thick and shining hair can sprout from the same. This will also help in faster hair growth. Read on to know more about stimulating the hair follicles for promoting hair growth.
- Massages: Oil massages are just as soothing as they sound and they help in activating the hair follicles by giving them much needed nourishment. Nutrient rich oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil and many others can help in transferring the nutrients to the hair follicles, which promote health, growth and strength of the hair. For best results, warm the oil slightly and use only your fingertips to massage deeply into the hair. Let this oil sit for a few hours or even overnight if possible, before you wash.
- Massage time and duration: Know when to massage your hair for best results. Take some warm oil and let it seep into your hair before bedtime and let it remain there. Also, you can do this at least twice a week for best results. Do not massage for more than five minutes at a time because the hair follicles sit at the base and they need to soak up this oil like a plant soaking up water when you water it every day.
- After washing: Another good way of stimulating the hair follicles is by giving your hair the warm treatment. After you have had a shower and washed your hair with shampoo and conditioner, ensure that you wrap your head with a warm towel and keep it there so that the nourishing properties of the shampoo and nutrients reach the hair follicles.
- The right products: It is important to choose the right products that will suit your scalp and hair type so that you do not end up with damaged, frizzy and unsightly looking hair. Also, you must dilute the shampoo when you wash your hair.
- Dermatologist: The dermatologist will be able to diagnose any problem that may be clogging the hair follicles and preventing the proper growth of your hair. If you have tried several massages and methods, without any success, then you must remember to see a doctor about the problem so that medication and therapy may be prescribed.
To promote healthy hair growth, indulge in methods that are backed by doctors only.
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors- Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions- Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications- Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME (PCOS) AND HAIR LOSS
PCOS can cause hyperandrogenism – where your body produces too many androgens (male hormones). Androgens are naturally found in all women. They affect the degree and frequency of bleeding during your menstrual cycle and can also cause acne and oily skin. However, if your hair follicles are sensitive to androgens they can also decrease the growth of hair on your scalp and increase the growth of hair on your body. This is especially true if you have excessive amounts.
Follicle sensitivity is not simply ‘caught’ or randomly acquired. It’s genetically inherited and has been there since birth. If you have little or no hair follicle sensitivity, your hair may not be very affected by extra androgens. But normal or even sub-normal amounts of circulating androgens can cause hair loss if your follicles are very sensitive to them.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!