Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravikumar VaviyaYour feedback matters!
I am asthmatic patient and have my liver weak too so do I prefer to have curd and what if I take it in dinner as I keep waking till 3. Am daily, will it effect my health? And which things/foods you prefer me to make my daily meal.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard. Con you suggest what should be done?
I have allergic rhinitis .am allergic milk and especially cold now I am on fluticasone propionate nasal spray, using from the last 4 years. If skip for even day I am getting sinus pain. please show solution.
Hello, I'm 29 years old female taking treatment for TB. Its been 1 and half week since I started taking tb tablets weekly thrice .and on empty stomach pan d tablet to stop feeling of vomiting when taking tb tablets. I have regular periods till now. This time my date was on 5th Aug but It haven't started yet. I usually get symptoms 2 days before period like stomach pain and all. This time I don't have any. Is taking tb tablets or pan d tablet delays period? Or my diet has changed. Started having eggs, chicken and fruits daily. Is this the reason? Thanks in advance.
Dear Sir, I have lot of cough & cold since my birth. now I am 38 year old. In night & cold seasons it is very difficult to breath. I now request you to suggest
I feel difficulty in breathing. What are the all causes of this breathing problem? Is this breathing problem related to postural problem? Because I think I have heavily postural problem. I also listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw and the are sometimes very painful. Which department of doctor should I check up first? Please help me and tell me about the process of solving this problem.
I have chronic asthma from about 6 years and I am seeking to control it now little. But I am need studying currently then how can I control it at my home.
I am suffering from coughing from the past 25 days. I visited general physician twice and they prescribed levofloaxin 500 along with crocin for 8 days and mc berry syrup for 10 days but it did not help much. Except that I already completed two cough syrups kasaamrit and benadryl. Doctor says my chest is clear the cough is due to throat. I am taking homeo medicine from past 10 days though it ahs reduced the cough severity to almost half but still it has not gone. It was a wet cough earlier nw its dry. Is there something to worry since I am breastfeeding mom.
I have too much of cough. So please tell me any solution on that. There is also a pain in my throat.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.