Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratik KinkhabwalaYour feedback matters!
I was prescribed with amoxicillin by my dentist. The reason my dentist gave me that antibiotic was because my gums got swollen with a big of puss which made one side of my throat hurt. All of this was caused because of my wisdom teeth. The amoxicillin was given to ease the pain and swelling in order for me to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth. The amoxicillin i'm currently taking is 500mg which I take 3 times a day. I have approximately 6 more days before I finish taking it. My question is, am I able to consume alcohol such as vodka, beer, or wine while taking this antibiotic for that specific reason.
I am 19 year old Male. Today morning, I was trying to remove a stapler from a page with the help of my front teeth i.e. My incisors. The stapler did not removed but my tooth got a slight breakage. There is a very small 'V' kind of breakage and its kind of rugged which I can feel with my tongue. There is NO pain. But I am worried that, in future will my teeth break more from that same point?
I am 31Yrs old.I had an extra took grown over two chewing teeth on upper dental accumulation of food between these three teeth has caused some decay on the chewing teeth.Extra tooth has been removed,the doctor advises root canal of two teeth ,is there any other alternative like cleaning and filling of the cavity or else,because I fear from root canal.
My Teeth sensitivity when I drink cold water? That teeth has black color? Will it be remove dentist? please tell me.
When I do brush during morning I found blood in discharge foam from my mouth pls advise me what should I do now.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.