Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paresh Thakar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh ThakarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 10 months old usko kabhi kuch din tk gardan (neck), bend krney lagti hai nichey dekhti it happens usually usko sardi lite fever hota hai fir aachi hojati hai. Actually ek Dr. Ne mujhe prescribe kiya tha z and d zing powder woh pilayi hun toh normal upar dekhney lgti hai. Usko vitamin calcium ki wajeh se hoga kya? Is it necessary to give vitamin syrup regularly agar dun toh kitnwy years tk dun. please reply me answer I am very much wrried usko pain NY hota neck mey kuch NY bs thoda bend hoti hai.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
I am getting ache in my stomach from last 20 days if any medicines are there then please let me know.
I have delivered twin babies. A boy and girl. Both of them are catching cold very often. Once in 2 weeks they are falling sick. Mostly they have cold in the chest and they cough. We use nebulizer at home. It is effective but once again they catch cold. We are also giving them monticope daily as preventive medicine. Can we do something else to prevent. Could this be due to sweat. Any home remedies we could try or could you advice on how to manage.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.