Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nikita PatelYour feedback matters!
My wife is 3 month during her pregnancy. She has frequent acid reflux symptoms and no desire to eat. Last one week she has got mouth ulcers too. How should I take care of her during this time.
Required cost for zirconium bridge - 6 tooth (2 canine and 3 incisor- one incisor and 2 canine are support for bridge).
My friend jessica started having pain on her left side of her face. Her jaw, her checks, even her teeth started to hurt randomly. Before that she had a sharp strange pain on the left side of her head. She is curious what this could be. I could it be something serious or is this common? Please help! Thank you!
Is it necessary to go for root canal if you have 20% cavity on jaw tooth or filling would be enough.
I had braces to close the gap between my front teeth and immediately after the braces came off I still had a mild gap, I have the hawley retainers which are active so will they close the remaining gap?
Please help me I received oral sex from a prostitute without safe. Am so much worried about STDs. Some one help me please It's been 3 weeks please help me what test I can do confirm specially for herpes Am begging you am getting mad here I may decide wrong decisions please help me. I gave sample for HIV PCR but for STDs?
Hi, there is a sensitivity problem in my tooth. When I drink cool water or when I eat sweets pains occurs. Kindly advice how to get rid of it by taking precautions.
Sir I have rashes on my tongue it become ok after taking vitamin b complex and vicozyme c and again as it is after leaving the tablet what can I do.
Hi, I am getting an mouth ulcer on monthly basis. If it comes, it will be 3 to 4 ulcer at mouth. It is very painful. Pls suggest some pills and gel.
I am 29 years old from Bangalore and my question is on dental treatment. I had started dental treatment from year 2015 at Vasan dental Care. I had my three toot root canal done first, for which Rs. 4000 was charged for each tooth 4000x3=12000 and after root canal treatment, ortho treatment was started which was quoted Rs. 29000, now in 2016 November I have successfully completed my ortho treatment now I have planned to go with 3M Lava zirconium crown, since it’s for front tooth where I have been charged Rs. 13000 per tooth 13000x3=39000. I was told 39000 for three tooth and now after starting treatment and after doctor had trimmed my first tooth doctor told me my tooth is very brittle so they will have to place fiber stick so that my tooth will not fracture over time, all this seems to be good until doctor told me just to fix fiber stick they would charge me Rs. 2500 extra per tooth so its 2500x3=7500 additional charges. I just want to know if I am getting over charged for service provided by dentist or its fair charges.
My tooth gum is swelling from last 3days sir what is the solution for this it's painful that I cannot eat food easily.
I have a pain in my teeth from last 3 days. This pain at the end of my teeth chain, is there any infection or its coming a new teeth?
It’s something most people have suffered one time or another and one that many people dread—a toothache. When people are in pain, they don’t know what to do. How soon should they get to the dentist?? Should they try to just deal with it on their own? What do they do?
Obviously, the first thing to do is call your dentist’s Clinic. Leave a message or ask any staff who answer how quickly you can be seen. Describe the ache, its location and what makes it worse. Heat? Cold? Pressure? Lying down? Standing up? Are your gums bleeding in that area? Is there any pus being discharged? Is there a bad taste in your mouth? Is the pain continuous or does it only come on at certain times? Is there any fever?
They key is to get to the dentist as soon as possible. A toothache means that you actually have a health problem. Putting this off will only make things get worse. And even if the pain eases up, the underlying cause for the pain hasn’t been addressed. Infections do more than cause pain—they can actually cause further problems if not handled. Therefore, you must get to a dentist as quickly as you can. At Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, the Clinic of Dr. Ratnika Agarwal, we have emergency after hours because of this exact reason. The first thing to do is call and let us know what problem you’re having.
However, even with the fastest trip to the dentist, you still may be in pain for a couple hours. Following are a few tips to follow while you’re on the way to the Clinic.
Fast Toothache Remedies:
The best remedy for a toothache depends on the most likely cause for your toothache. While you will need a dental exam and perhaps an x-ray to know the exact cause, you can use these gentle solutions to get any improvement possible:
- Gum Infection. If you have swelling and pain around a tooth but no fever and little or no pain on chewing, you may simply have an infection in your gum. Start with flossing gently to remove any food particles that could be irritating your gums. Then rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm salt water.You can also soothe irritated gums with aloe vera. Massage aloe juice on your gums with a clean finger for one to two minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
Warm and cold compresses held up to your face next to the swollen gums can also help. Start with a warm, moist compress for five minutes, then follow with a cold compress held against the face until it starts to feel numb. Repeat this cycle two or three times. If the pain returns, you can go through this cycle again.
An antiseptic mouth rinse can also help. Ask your pharmacist to recommend one for you. Swish through your mouth and teeth for 30 seconds, then rinse thoroughly.
- Tooth Infection. If you have an infection in your tooth or jawbone, you might have a fever, and there would be a swelling in the gum or in the jaw over the root of the tooth. It’s likely to hurt when you chew. Your breath may be bad and you may have a sour taste in your mouth. You may notice pus draining into your mouth. In this case, your only remedy is an over-the-counter pain reliever and arriving in your dentist’s chair on an emergency basis. Look for ibuprofen or acetaminophen, unless there’s any allergy or sensitivity to these pain relievers.
- Trauma. If you receive a blow to a tooth or bite a foreign object in your food, cold compresses
used as described above can help ease the pain until you see your dentist.
With the right care, it’s possible to go your whole life without a toothache. Here’s what you should do to avoid this problem:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft toothbrush. Focus on brushing gently for two full minutes, not forgetting the teeth all the way in the back of your mouth.
- Floss every day. This is important but many people don’t make the time for it. If you have a bridge or two, flossing under your bridge (with floss threaders) will help your bridge last longer and extract food particles that might irritate or infect your gums.
- See your dentist regularly. If you follow his or her treatment advice, you’ll be able to handle any problems while they are small. In most cases, it’s a problem that has been developing for quite a while that turns into a toothache.
The key thing to remember is to not wait a single minute! When you realize you have a toothache, call your dentist immediately and ask them to squeeze you into their schedule. This is, by far, the best solution to any tooth, gum or mouth pain.