Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is just of 5 month. She is allergic to milk powder consist of lactose. Now by doctor recommendation we are providing soya milk. Is it sufficient in nutrition?
My baby is 1 month and 8 days old. Recently he cries a lot and sleeps only in my lap. As soon as he is put to bed he wakes up and starts crying. Is this normal or he is facing some problem which is not understood by me.
Hello Doctors, My 2 year old daughter have some scratches on her hand by a cat, we advised to doctor near to our house and he gave rabies dose to her immediately and 2nd dose will be given on 3rd day, I want to know that are there any symptoms of fever after getting vaccine, and also please advice me either I should contact to that child specialist to whom I regularly contact for my baby or continue with that doctor who is near to us.
I have to queries about my son, 5 year old, he don't take milk, what should we do? He drinks only half glass milk in a day.
My 3-4 old son has developed reason his cheeks. The doctor advised me to use. I apply this lotion twicea dayb but come back the moment I stop using it. Can you suggest any other solution for my baby skin.
My daughter is 1.7 years old. All the day she keeps on crying for no reason, we conculted pediatrician he gave us the report everything is fine with her. Even in the night she is not having complete sleep. Please suggest.
My son is 21 months old. In the day time he usually had a temperature of 99 - 99.3. Is this temperature normal for him. At what temperature we say which is a fever. My pediatrician told above 99.5 is the fever temperature. I am always confused because he got a fits followed with high temperature at 10 months old. I am always alert on him.
My 4 months new born baby girl has suffer from fever from since this morning. Can I give her paracetamol if than how. Please suggest me your valuable treatment because hospital has closed today.
Hi, My baby boy will be 3 months in August 1st week. Baby was born via normal delivery and weight was 2.6 Kgs at birth. Baby's health is good and there is no medical problems that he currently has. I wanted to travel to home town delhi via flight in august 2nd week. Please advice if it is safe to travel in flight when the baby is 3 months old.
My son is age of 11 months he was healthier suddenly become very thin and was not eating much as earlier. He is getting milktooth too. What to be done in order making him healthier? Thanks in advance.
My baby is suffering from Fever, loose motions and vomiting since Friday. I consulted a doctor in Cloudnine but I do not see any improvement in my baby's health. I am giving him crocin DS 240 mg every 6 hrs, but temp remains 100. For loose motions, I gave him Enterogermina and Oflox. Since the effect is not much, doctor advised to stop oflox and start Taxim-O and Zedot 10 mg. For vomiting, Emeset and Lanzol. There is little improvement in vomiting though but not loose motions. Since his temperature is not coming down, he is not even taking in any food. I am trying to give ORS, coconut water and rice Ganji. Its been 3 days and he is still sick like day 1. Please advise.
My baby 2 years old baby she use to itches her palm and feet especially during at night, whenever we scrub at her feet during itch time, it will come little red inside the skin and feel more itchy and cry. Please help what medicine I have to apply.
Pet dog bites on her face. Dog is vaccinated. Kindly advice treatment, diet, and necessary instructions to follow. Thanking you.
Let us imagine a scenario: It is 4 in the morning. You are fast asleep and suddenly you hear the discomforting cries of your child. You sense that something is wrong and you immediately rush to the other room. As soon as you touch him, you realize that the child's body is burning up like a furnace? You immediately rush to get your thermometer and the figures on it do not make for a good reading - 102 degrees F. Panic dulls your response rate. Your first reaction is to call the doctor. It might be the right thing to do in some rare cases, but in most cases experts advise differently.
Stay Calm - The most important thing is for you to stay calm and relax and realize that it is still well within your hand to take care of the child. First things first, fever is not your enemy. Rather, it is body's way of telling you that your immune system is fighting alien elements in your body. Children of the age group 0 to 3 almost always face high temperatures at some point in their nascent lives.
The Need of the Hour - How you should go about it depends on your child's age and thermometer's readings. If your child is a newborn or is less than 3 months old and reading is above 100.4 degrees, then you must call the doctor at once.
Between 3 to 6 months, temperature threshold is 101 degrees F, while 103 degrees F is usually the limit for children older than 6 months. But, if the child is showing alarming symptoms such as body ache, fatigue, and diarrhoea, along with the high temperature of 101 degrees F or 102 degrees F, then you should consider calling the doctor on a priority basis.
Take the Hints - Be Wary of the Symptoms
Keeping an eye out on the symptoms is extremely important. If your child has a running nose and low-grade fever (99-100 degrees F), then he might be suffering from a bout of common cold. Vomiting and diarrhoea usually indicate stomach virus. For children with weak immune system or at higher risk than others, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
A 24 hours rest is generally advised in flu, till the patient is fever free without taking any antibiotics. Ailments like an earache, sore throat or discomfort in peeing should be brought to the notice of doctor as it might indicate soar throat, UTI or ear infection, all of which require antibiotic treatments. Certain signs warrant an immediate medical attention. Discomfort in breathing along with constant crying, difficulty in walking, unusual rashes and purple looking spots demand that he be taken to the E.R. right away.
The most important thing is to complete the treatment course diligently and let the fever run its course as it may actually aid the body in building immunity against the fever causing germs and fight them. One must remember that being calm and relaxed at taxing times go a long way in helping you take right decisions and treating fever in children is all about patience and right decisions.
My son is 5 weeks old and completely on formula doesn't take breastfeed. I am concerned if he could be led a healthy life.
My wife had an caesarian procedure on 01.05. 2015. Our baby (daughter) born complete healthy. Dr. Advised my wife to take cerazette 75 daily. My baby is being breastfeed ed by my wife exclusively. Now for the last three days, my baby is vomiting continuously even after taking domostol drop. Child specialist is suggesting, that it may be a side-effect of consuming those contraception pill (cerazette 75m). We do not have any reason to take contraception, as getting pregnant is least of our worries. We are staying separate in these three month for job purpose. So, my question is, can the cerazette tab be harmful to my baby by any means? and if my wife stop that tab on her 15th day, will that be better in any scenario, or it may be harmful to my baby.;
We have 4 month baby boy. And my wife is feeding to baby. After delivery my wife twice in periods but last one and half months she didn't. When pregnancy test she done 3 times the result is negative. We do sex 2 times without protection. Is she pregnant? Please guide me. Thank you. My wife's age is 25 year old and her delivery is normal.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.