Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mayur PatelYour feedback matters!
Sir my teeth is vry yellow and sensitive and in 18 my hair is dawn white please give me solution I am vry tensed for this.
How often should I go to the dentist? How can I look after my child's teeth? Why should I use dental floss? Which foods and drinks containing sugar cause tooth decay? Are pregnant women entitled to free NHS dental treatment? Why should I use interdental brushes? How many soft or fizzy drinks can children have a day?
Hello Doctor Does melanoplakia cause cancer? does it creates cancer cell in body? even at young age. Please advice doctor thanks.
I have a dry mouth condition (less saliva secretion). I drink lot of water daily but still if I go outside for 3-4 hours at a stretch without drinking water then my lips start cracking. Difficulty in speaking, what should I do?
Hi, I am 31 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
One of the brackets of my braces has come off from the tooth and is hanging by the metal wire. Is there a way to take it out on my own? I'm afraid I'm gonna end up swallowing it. Please help.
There is gap in my teeth front side. Ia there any solution to fill the gaps with out any damage/change the original teeth.
I have a problem with mouth ulcer. It will come twice a month. How to recover this one. I will very pain. Unable to eat or drink anything. Help me some recommend food to solve this and also future.
My mouth closed, i cant open it properly,the reason may be gutkha khaini.i have lot of those.so please suggest me something?
I am getting my mouth smell all the time. After brushing it is not coming but after one hour my mouth is getting smell. Please help me.
My friend is having bad breath problem. As checked by dentist no decay or deposits are there. White coating is observed above the tongue sometimes. After eating it goes of for sometime. Tried mouthwash also but not working out.
Hi, I am 35 years old and have gone for tooth extraction twice for wisdom tooth. Now I m getting some problem with the filling areas which was filled by the dental doctor that time. Its almost 5 years now.
Hi I have cavity on my teeth how I clean my teeth? I brush regularly 2 times in a day what can I do.
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.