Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Please suggest how to gain weight and grow body. I am 27 years old and 5'10" but my weight is only 48 kg. I look very lean and my clothes don't fit me. Please and please suggest me the weight gain medicines.
I am 18 years old. Some times I have sudden pain in my back bone. I have applied many ointment but there no relief. What can I do?
In this type of season m just fed up from the rashes in inner thighs. What should I do that I will never happen again. That area become reddish and got wound. After that I got black patches. Please give me perfect solution.
Hi i am 27 and i got diabeties when i got pregnant almost two years back but still im suffering with it.What should i do to get rid out of this?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I'm suffering from itching around my private parts. I am applying antibacterial cream daily over it. It relieves but it doesn't finish the problem. That portion on legs became dark little bit where I feel itching. The itch is unbearable so I need to itch over it.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been using vofl mayo tablet for poly cyst as I was suffering from irregular /absent periods. Am unable to sleep at night and I feel like numbness in my mouth tongue body and I feel discomfort in my stomach & I feel very weak. Even when I lay on bed I feel giddy not at all getting sleep I will try to sleep from 11 but I wont get sleep at last I fell sleep at morning 5 and wake up at 8. May I know what problem it may be I am really worried.
I have hair loss problem. From two year. I have consult too much doctors.. Do not know. What to do. please suggest me. something.
Last 4year se kafi hair fall ho rha h bht si chize try kri bt koi fark nahi, and thyroid bhi check krwaya thik h vo bhi, digestion se related problems rehti h, or throat infection bhi h kafi tym se treatment lene k kuch tym bad dubara thorat infection ho jata h, And hairfall abhi bhi ho rha h what to do now? Any healthy diet or medicines for stoping hair fall? Hairs bht patle hai or dry bhi rehte h kafi.
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.