Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ketan M. Vekariya
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan M. VekariyaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chest pain for last 3 days and also I am having some eye related issues. What should I do?
My Son (D.O.B.- 05th Oct 2017) is suffered from Ventricular septal defect (06 mm) & Atrial Septal Defect (04 mm. His Surgery is recommended by AIIMS-Delhi, & surgery is expected in coming months. My question is about using DTaP-Pentaxim (Pain-Less) or DPT-Pentavac (Pain-Full). Baby weight is also seems not utpo the mark & feels little lower from standard charts. Since starting we are injecting DTaP-Pentaxim (Pain-Less). Please suggest do I need to move for Pain-Full? Because i've read over google that pain-less is not so effective. Also suggest if anything else you wish to. Thank you in advance.
Hi I had a heart attack last month but here in mordabad doctor told me that there is a 90% blockage so please refer me some good treatment
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Atherothrombotic diseases such as myocardial or cerebral infarction are serious consequences of the thrombus formed in blood vessels. Dhamasa possesses thrombolytic properties that could decompose blood clots. Dhamasa has been incorporated as a thrombolytic agent for the improvement of patients suffering from Atherothrombotic disease.