Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jwalin ParekhYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I am having ulcers problem because of which I am not able to drink or eat anything. Would you please help me?
He has painful sores on his tongue since August. He has his diabetes under control. No blood pressure. Please note that he is 82 years old.
My teeth get pain when I eat ice cream . And cool drinks . Some time its bleed .bad small also coming please tell me what I do?
Respected sir from last two months I have a problem with my left side upper jaw teeth. But suddenly from last month I am suffering with a pain refer from head to teeth. And from last three days I seen that a inflammation occurred in my mouth. And pain remain same.in left side. I am too much worried about that. I had already tried cephodoxime with clavulanic acid antibiotics. But no result is there. I am afraid that is it any cancer formation in my mouth? Because I am a regular smoker.
Dr. I visited my dentist, he told me that some of my teeth having cavity. And I should remove them.So removing cavity and then filling of them is a proper or healthy way. And he suggest me the laser technique of filling which is better.Advice me?
I have certain problems with my dental health. My molars have fallen and I have a decay in bones of some teeth.
My teeth shape are not perfect, I want to know is there any effect if we put clip on teeth? How much it will cost approximately?
I found too much gums and saliva in my mouth, for that my voice not come clear and some words start like shh, sh, h alphabets are difficult to pronounce. Please help me how to make it clear or any speech practice I can do.
Hi my age is 36 near wisdom tooth I am getting pain not in the tooth last year same problem so this year I am getting light swelling please give good medicine.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.