Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Haresh B. KheniYour feedback matters!
Respected mam, I went for eye check up a week ago in my nearby hospital, Dr. I got 2 know dt I am suffering from ds disorder dn doctor asked me 2 get a test dn named pentacam (copy enclosed) thru vch he has confirmed dt both f my eyes r hvng keratoconus n I shud go 4 C3R surgery afterwards I can use contact lenses to improve my vision a little n nothing else can b dn in my case.In left eye it is at advanced stage thru vch I jst can see very little n in right eye also it has started. Local thinners in one eye is 434 n odr 454. So, mam I just want to seek your valuable advice/information dt "Is there any other treatment available for ds disorder except for C3R so dt my vision would b improved n d impact f keratoconus cn b reduced to a great extent rather dn jst doing C3R. I hv heard abt intact also. Vch doctor/hospital shud I approach AIIMS or shroff. And vch contact lenses shud I use after C3R or intact vt ever s best in my case please suggest vch treatment shud I go for. Thnx.
I feel some weakness over a week and I feel that my eyes getting heavy and not interested in eating food and my health getting very low. What should I do?
I have done cataract surgery on my right eye. Now the left eye power is -(minus) 4. I cannot see properly without specs and also with specs I cannot see properly. Will the left eye affect my right eye if I use my old specs to see inspite of feeling uncomfortable and having hazy vision.
From past two days I am having fever, cold and my eyes are burning. I am resting a lot but still no improvement. Having headache also. What should I do?
Refraction is a test for eye examination, which measures prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses for individuals. The test can be performed by either an ophthalmologist or optometrist or in layman terms, an eye doctor.
Procedure for the test
In this test, the individual sits on a chair, which has a special device attached to it, called the refractor or phoropter. The individual has to look through the device and properly focus on an eye chart which is exactly 6 meters or 20 feet away. This device has lenses of various strengths that can be moved into the individual’s view. The test is conducted on one eye at a time. The doctor will be asking the individual about the chart whether it appears clearer or less clear, thereby determining the refractory error of the eye.
No special preparation is required for this test and also this test does not cause any discomfort. The purpose of the test is to determine whether the individual has a need for glasses or contacts or not. In other words, it checks if the individual has a refractory error or not.
How can the results be inferred?
If the vision without glasses is normal, it means that the refractive index is zero and the vision should be 20/20. This means that one can read a one-centimeter letter at a distance of six meters.
If an individual has a refractive error, a combination of lenses will be required for a 20/20 vision. In case of a refractive error, there would be a prescription and that would have in it a series of numbers describing the power of the lens required to correct the vision.
Abnormal results can be due to the following reasons
- Myopia or near-sightedness (capability to see near objects clearly, but having difficulty in seeing objects far away)
- Hypermetropia or far-sightedness (capability to see far away objects clearly, but not the nearby objects)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision due to abnormally curved cornea)
- Presbyopia (inability to see nearby objects clearly, which usually occurs due to age)
Other reasons that cause abnormal results can be
- Macular degeneration causing loss of sharp vision
- Corneal infections or corneal ulcers
- Retinal detachment, which means separation of the retina from its supporting layers
- Retinitis pigmentosa or damage of the retina
- Blockage of a small artery carrying blood to the retina or retinal vessel occlusion
One should have an eye examination conducted every three to five years even if they suffer from no serious eye problem. However, after the age of 40, one should schedule eye appointments every year and have a test for refraction error of glaucoma conducted.
I'm starting to observe that my eyes are bulging a bit. Moreover, I feel my eyes get squint when I see far things. What should I do?
I want to get lasik operation for my eyes. I wear thick spectacles. Is there any risk in going for lasik eye surgery treatment? And what is its procedure?
I have some eye sight problem its starts from last week. I can t see long sight visual so pleas help to survive.
To reduce eye sight what I have to do and what kind of vegetable and non and I have and what kind of food I should avoid? Please send methe details.
I see blurred vision whenbi work late on laptop. Is this a eye defect or is due to the excessive use of laptop?
I have red eyes and also having pain in eyes. It is just because I uses a eye drop since that time it is being pain whole time Advise me what to do now?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?