Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh H.Patel
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh H.PatelYour feedback matters!
Treatments achieved with dermal fillers!
As the skin on the neck is more sensitive than skin on other parts of our body it undergoes degenerative changes due to aging, sun exposure, weight gain, and genetic predilection. Due to the breakdown in the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid the skin is more likely to get dry and get thinner over time. As a result, the skin loses its firmness and volume and begins to change due to lifestyle factors and gravity.
Dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based products which counters the effects of aging and damage caused by the sun and smoking. It restores and replenishes the skin on the face, neck, décolletage and hands, resulting in a healthy, natural glow.
The areas of neck which need enhancement is injected with product rich in hyaluronic acid. It is injected evenly all over the neck with particular attention paid to the chin as well as the subclavian area to give you reduced wrinkles and a firmer neck region.
IVF or In vitro fertilization is a form of fertility treatment where the sperm and egg is combined, in a laboratory. IVF is one of the most common fertility treatment procedures, which involves high technology and are undertaken by many couples all over the world. If you have ovulation problems or problems with the quality of egg and blocked fallopian tubes or in case your male partner has low sperm count or high mortality, you can undertake IVF to become pregnant.
The process of IVF involves the following steps and methods:
- Ovarian stimulation: Before your menstrual cycle begins, you should take a gonadotrophin. This is a fertility drug which will stimulate your ovaries for development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilization process. Taking synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide also help in ovaries stimulation.
- Development of follicle: You must visit your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a checkup of your blood hormone levels. Getting an ultrasound done for regularly measuring your ovaries is also very important. This will allow your doctor to monitor the development of follicles.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection after the follicles are ready. This injection causes full maturation of the eggs and makes them ready to get fertilized. The eggs can be triggered after 36 hours of trigger shots.
- Gathering of the eggs: You will be given an anesthetic by the doctor and an ultrasound probe will be inserted through your vagina for observing the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle is inserted through the vaginal wall and the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilization: Your eggs will be observed once more before being combined with your partner's sperm and being incubated overnight. Fertilization occurs during this time and abnormal eggs are not fertilized. Three days after the eggs are retrieved, some of the successfully fertilized eggs turn into embryos made up of six to ten cells. After five days, some of these embryos become blastocysts made of fluid-filled cavities and tissue, which begin to develop and separate into the baby and the placenta.
- The most viable embryos are selected to be placed in your uterus. The doctor places one to five embryos in your uterus by the insertion of a thin tube or catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants in the walls of the uterus and slowly develops into a baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher in case of multiple embryos.
IVF is a successful and quite a common fertilization process. It is an old procedure used and has been in use for a very long time. The track record of IVF is impressive and more improved techniques are being developed every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
What my issue is I am 25 and my girlfriend is 31 years we were used to do sex daily 3 to 4 times is there any problem if we do like that.
In stool, I am passing transparent white mucus with small blot of blood for last 40 days. It gets cleared and then suddenly comes back after 7-10 days. Stays for 3-4 days and then vanishes again. When mucus is not there. No blood can also been seen. No pain. Huge hunger. No vomit .colonoscopy report negative (means normal. Stool RE/OBT negative. What it could be? I had the same issue once every year in 2009/2010/2011/2016 (jan. But this time it is not healing. No tiredness. No issue in sleep. But still persisting. GI/homeopathy done -- ceboz 400 (twice 10 days )/ cadbios - (2 daily for 10 days) done. Now under homeopathy- Tub Bov- taken one dose only/Nihillinum 30 - once daily 3 gls/Nola Anti O - 15 drops daily at night. For last 7 days. But not stopping the issue in longer run. All the doctors said IBS. My concern is blood - took Carica P 2c/0 3 iv 2 gls SOS (even if it is coming in small blots - but still) How to stop it this time? Is this really IBS? I had a very hectic life for last 2 years for my baby. Erratic food habits etc. Not much of sleep etc.
Quite contradictory to popular belief, as per a research paper published in 2015 by Harvard medical school, people who eat spicy foods on a regular basis and in moderate amounts have a 14% probability of outliving their non-spicy food eating peers. Also, the same research also indicates the fact that people who eat spicy food on a regular basis are less likely to suffer from cancer or other fatal heart diseases as compared to those who are averse to spice.
So, what is it that makes spicy foods better for your ticker and the overall health? Let’s find out.
- Spicy foods are usually rich in anti-oxidants, a regular intake of which helps to prevent cancer, respiratory diseases and other heart disorders.
- Peppers have a high amount of ‘capsaicin’ in them which is particularly beneficial in resisting abnormal swelling of different body parts. Capsaicin also helps in the regulation of metabolic functions of the body which prevents further serious complications of diabetes and cardio-vascular disorders. Capsaicin also helps to prevent sinus infections, hypertension and severe intestinal disorders. At times, Capsaicin acts as a pain-reliever.
- Peppers also contain a healthy amount of Vitamin C which defends the body against cancer and helps in the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) and other connective tissues. Vitamin C is useful in the production of glutathione, an immensely strong anti-oxidant that strengthens the immune system of the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.
V r trying for kid .does implantation bleeding happen wen v conceive is it true. And if so after how many days wil v no v r pregnant.
Thirsty? You are already dehydrated
Remember, thirst isn't a good predictor of your hydration status.
It takes about two hours for anything you drink to have an effect on your body’s hydration level. By the time you feel thirsty, you are two hours behind! drinking something even the second you realize you are thirsty means that you will still be dehydrated for at least two more hours.
In fact, most people spend a good portion of their life mildly dehydrated, so drink water frequently even if you r not thirsty may be only sips but please drink water.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Causes: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife get period after 1 month of her delivery. Is it OK She is taking yaz tab We had a intercourse without precaution and on third day of our intercourse she get period again. Is she get pregnant again please help to know me.
Calories – A word you often come across when watching your weight. Counting calories is a healthy habit and quite the fashionable trend. Just knowing the word or counting calories will not help though. Here is some more information on how calories work. This will bring you a step closer to your health goal.
Calories - What are they?
Every living being requires energy to survive. Almost everything we eat, except water, provides us with calories. Every food contains some macro and micro nutrients, which, apart from providing calories, have an important role to play in our metabolism.
1 gm of carbohydrate = 4 calories
1 gm of fat = 9 calories
1 gm of protein = 4 calories
In terms of micro nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and some plant chemicals do not supply calories.
Calories – How many do you need?
Calorie requirement of every individual is decided based on factors like height, age, weight, sex, the daily activity level and your body composition. The recommended average daily calorie intake is of 1940 calories for women and 2550 for men. Larger people with more muscle, need more calories. Calculate your basic calorie requirement.
Calories and weight loss?
For weight loss, it is essential to consume lesser calories and burn excess ones that are stored in the body as fat.
A] Consuming lesser calories – This can be done by keeping a track of calories you consume throughout the day. Simply substitute high calorie food (fried, otherwise fatty, sugar-laden food) with fiber-rich, low-calorie food (whole grain cereals, veggies, fruits, green leafy vegetables). High fiber food also helps you in cutting down on the quantity intake, leading to further calorie reduction. Subtracting 500 calories every day will lead to 500 gm weight loss per week. You may be interested in a sample 1200 calories indian diet plan for weight loss.
B] Burning excess calories – Increase your physical activity level by changing your lifestyle. Take up an exercise that suits your body and age. Exercise like jogging, running, walking, swimming, gymming and cycling will help in losing those extra calories.
What if I go on an extremely low calorie diet for speedy weight loss?
A very low calorie diet is the gateway to ill-health. It may give you great results in the beginning but, it ultimately leads to muscle loss, fat storage and a slower metabolism. In extreme cases it may also lead to gall stones and cardiac problems. Consuming a minimum of 1100 – 1200 calorie diet every day is the recommendation by medical authorities.
If you are already consuming only a 1200 calorie diet, do not reduce your calorie intake any further. Instead, try to burn around 300 calories through exercise or any sport. Get active by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk from office to your home.
Is the source of the calorie important?
Well, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but the calories derived from protein and carbohydrates are considered to be healthier, as a more complex process is required in processing these calories which in turn increase your bmr.
These macro nutrients also have some very important roles to play in the body mechanism.
Fat provides more calories in comparison to carbs and protein. It is processed in a simple way, making your system sluggish. The excess calories are easily converted to fat and this results in weight gain. [you may be interested in reading our article butter vs margarine].
Calories remains a common factor of consideration in case of weight loss, weight gain and weight maintenance. It is all about how you apply the mechanics of calories.
My husband has got genital herpes and it has are lapsed 3-4 times in Last 3 months. Need to know the reason for the same, precaution and medicines? Currently he is taking Zimivir 500 mg.
My daughter is 13 years old. She has been diagnosed to be without uterus and ovaries. At this age her breast development seems to be ok ,and has no facial hair. Will she have a normal marital life, as I came to know that sex is difficult for such girls due to lack of lubrication in vagina. Where should I get her treatment for lack of hormone. I stay in Delhi. I am very worried about her. Please help.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"