Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Phlebologists in India. You will find Phlebologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Phlebologists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavesh Ashokkumar PatelYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 years old male, I have been suffering from bulging disk at l5-s1. I have been resting for 2 months, now my neck has started paining too and left pelvic joint is making popping sound everytime it is bend. So I got my blood acid checked. And its been 8 for last two months, I have been drinking like 6 lts water everyday. Is uric acid main reason of pain? And how can I get it down as I don't want to start the medicine so early in life and drinking water is not working. Please suggest, my career is suffering a lot.
My mother has varicose veins issue. What should she do to relieve the pain. She has been advised not to stand for long durations, but given her work, it is hard to follow that. Does Varco oil work? Any other ointment?
Hello Please explain the reasons for varicose vain problem. Its cause symptoms and treatment, excel idea or any home remedy.
I have back pain since last two year And also some spot on face of acne I wants right treatment And my father also have problem of pulling The veins from last 5 year my father age is 56.
Hi my father is suffering from varicose veins problem on right leg and operated 3 years back and he is a diabetic patient. He is again facing same problem since 6 months is there any permanent solution to treat varicose veins. The vein area on right leg is becoming blackish colour and he can not walk long properly it pains and swells. Can you please contact us and gv us permanent solution for this Details below of operation Colour Doppler/ Incompetent/S F injection with dilated/ GSV, with evidence of vaficosites in/ leg medial S/H/O// EVLT done Please suggest both allopathy and Ayurveda treatment.
Hello doctor. I am I 32 years female and I have slip disc problem from last two years .I have 2 years baby vd normal delivery. I am not able to sleep properly because when I sleep suddenly I awake 2-3 times at night nd I try to sleep again but I sleep after 30 to 40 min. Now I am gaining fat and weight also. I take proper meal and I don't take more junk food also. Please tell me what to do? My all checkup report are normal & thyroid also.
I am 52 yrs old woman have varicose vein in both legs long hrs of standing or sitting makes painful swelling with difficulty while walking. What to do pl. Advise.
My daughterage 15 has enlarged veins in her left lateral border of her foot since 10yrs, increase in size slowly, occationally pain.
I am male 39 I have a problem of obesity combined with disk problem. If to reduce tummy I go for walk the backache develops. If I take rest for improving disk problem then tummy gets large. Suggest solution.
Mri report- mild diffuse disc bulge at l4-l5 level causing the cal sac indentation and bilateral mild neural formalin narrowing (l> r). Please advice.
My grandfather is suffering with varicose ulcers. He tried allopathic medical but it didn't subside. What could be the treatment for varicose leg ulcer?
My son has varicose veins in legs. Now they have appeared in hands. Tell some remedy/treatment. He also complains migraine frequently. Please help us.
Respected sir, I am service in army mere ko varicose vein problem hai .my doppler report -1 left sf junction is incompetent. 2 deep vein reflux in both sfv and pfv .3 no dvt .4 small varicosity seen in left leg. Sir my ankle and leg is swelling. Mere ko kya treatment karna chahiye. Walking and exercise karna chahiye ya no. Sir I am in 3 month course. Abhi 3 month koi treatment nai karva sakta sir mere ko koi jyada problem to nai hogi pls reply sir and help me JAI HIND.
Varicose veins are enlarged and gnarly veins and they commonly appear in the feet and legs. They occur when veins get filled with blood and they are often red or bluish purple in color.
The main cause of varicose veins is the when the vein dysfunctions. Veins have valves in them that are supposed to keep the blood flowing forward, but if they fail to do so, blood in the vein starts to collect rather than continue towards the heart. Since the legs are furthest from the heart, varicose veins mostly affect the legs. Gravity, too, is a contributing factor as it makes it hard for the blood to flow up the vein.
Out of all the treatments available for varicose veins, sclerotherapy is the most effective.
What is sclerotherapy:
Sclerotherapy is a form of injection therapy that is designed to improve the way the varicose veins appear on your legs.
The Procedure: During the procedure, a solution called sclerosant is injected in the veins that scars and destroys the vein's internal lining which causes the blood to clot. After the solution is injected, pressure over the veins is applied to prevent the return of the blood as you stand up. Compression stockings are worn for maintaining the pressure.
After the Procedure: There is no prolonged recovery time for sclerotherapy. You can move around immediately after the procedure, but do not strain yourself too much. However, bed rest is not recommended as it might stress the vein. You probably have to keep wearing the compression stockings for a few days more.
Reasons for Choosing Sclerotherapy:
Sclerotherapy is best for treating the following problems-
- Small veins and spider veins that do not cause severe damages
- Smaller varicose veins that might return even after vein stripping surgery (the surgical removal of the superficial saphenous vein with minimal incisions to treat varicose veins).
- Larger varicose veins
- Follow up to any other surgery to treat varicose veins
Sclerotherapy, like any other treatment, has certain risks. The risks include-
- Skin discoloration
- The varicose veins can still return after the treatment
- Bruising, itching, blistering and pain in the treated area
- Mild or severe allergic reaction to the solution (sclerosant) used
- Blood clots in the deep vein system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Is homeopathic medicine helpful for disc extrusion (L5-S1) neurosurgeon is saying surgery is must otherwise you may loose control over foot movement and urine, please HELP.
Blood circulation happens through two sets of blood vessels. The arteries carry pure oxygenated blood from the heart to the various parts of the body. The veins carry impure, deoxygenated blood from the various body parts to the heart. Blood movement is controlled by opening and closing of valves. The farther the veins are from the heart, the more pressure it has to exert to reach the heart. Also, in a person who is standing for prolonged periods of time, the blood flow has to happen against gravity, which is again not easy. Over a period of time, these vessels could get twisted, swollen, and engorged. These are known as varicose veins and are common in the calf area.
Causes: The exact causes are not known, but it is believed to be due to
- Defective or damaged valves, which are not able to control blood flow
- Vein walls could be thin, leading to improper flow of blood
- The most obvious symptom is the blue, swollen leg veins which appear ropy and thin.
- With prolonged standing, leg pain and tenderness.
- Night cramps in the legs.
- Itching and heaviness in the legs.
- Bleeding if varicose veins are severe.
- Skin changes including scaling, dryness, and color changes.
Risk factors: Though causes are not known, risk factors are identified.
- Prolonged standing: People whose jobs/occupation require standing for prolonged duration
- Obesity – Weight definitely has a role to play
- Family history
- Age, which causes the veins to lose elasticity and turn rigid, affecting smooth blood flow
- Trauma or surgery involving the leg veins
- Smoking, strongly increases the risk
- Quite easy to diagnose clinically based on appearance
- Further testing including Doppler, scanning, and MRI may be rarely required
- During long working hours, take short breaks to elevate the legs.
- During long journeys, take a break to improve circulation.
- Weight management, as being overweight is a big risk factor.
- Avoiding alcohol, which leads to venous dilation.
- Quit smoking.
- In people with circulation issues, compression stocking (Ted hose or Jobst stocking) can improve circulation. They are also useful in controlling pain and are frequently used in varicose vein treatment.
- Avoid sitting cross-legged, which helps by reducing constant pressure on the vein valves.
- Avoid tight clothing around the knees/legs as they pressure on the veins and/or valves.
- Regular exercise regimen like walking helps improve blood flow.
- In very severe cases, surgical treatment options are available including sclerotherapy, laser treatment, and vein stripping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.