Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit PatelYour feedback matters!
Sir I suffering from mouth ulcer. What can I do? Due to it I have lots of problems in eating food and speaking.
I have mouth ulcer since very long time. It goes of for 1-2 days and again come back and little pan in right side of tongue root while food gulp.
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen. Doctor give me lamox-dc, sengvital, flexon for three days. After taking these medicine I got relief, can I continue with this?
Being a sikh, I tie my beard with a thread but it has lead to my jawline becoming out of shape.My lower jaw is forcing the upper jaw and teeth are now protruding and lower jaw is getting squeezed. Can this be rectified ? What is the cost involved?
I am 24 years old boy. My very pain in teeth. Am very medicine used but not stop my pain. So please help me.
Hello sir I am 26 years old and I have small small white spot inside of cheek near upper teeth and some near jaw joint from last three months, I already consult with oral maxilofacial surgeon and ENT Dr. they told its fungal insption, but dentist says that you having fordyces spot and you need not required biopsy further I am not smoker and not chewing any tobacco, pan masala, supari in my life but I am social drinker hardly once in month. I also use multivitamin tab and oral thrust gel, I can eat vegetables and chilly easily they don't give burning or pain. What's should I do next either forget white spot aur take treatment.
I have teeth with small parts of white part on it broken but I never felt any sensitiveness or pain. Today I went to doctor before tooth impression he shaped my tooth which removes all white part and my teeth almost reduces in size and also feeling sensitiveness now. My doubt is tooth size is reduced and feeling pain now which I never felt before. Is there any chance to feel the same senstivity in future after placing my cap or incase of cap failure.
My teeth is very bad and show the yellow color then after eat and my teeth is very weakness so please suggest me.
I have pain due to cavity in my left upper front and right lover front teeth. Before one month I approach dental hospital for treatment. They fix permanent cement in my lower front teeth. And plasto in upper left teeth is pending. But since 2-3 days I am having pain again in lower front teeth. What to do doctor. Should I go for private doctor treatment. Pls advise.
Sir. My teeth is little bit broken and I was so depressed few days I have no eating food properly and after one week through operation Dr. Attached a Metal cap on my teeth successfully. But my depression is not gone and I have more tension in my mind after operation and I don't knw how this problem I face and this is so terrible about me. Please help and suggest Dr. What I do for exist this depression.
Everyday when I wake up in the morning, my mouth is filled with dirty liquid that's smell very bad and I have to split it out. What's that and why is it?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.