Doctor in Astha Homeopathy Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Astha Homeopathy ClinicYour feedback matters!
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Male infertility is when the male is not able to get a fertile female pregnant. Though not openly admitted, it is an extremely common condition. For a man, it is highly hurting to the ego when it is identified. Given the discrete nature of the topic, it is difficult both for a man to admit that he could possibly be the reason the couple is not able to conceive. If that happens, the next challenge is to get them to undergo treatment.
With times, things are changing and more men are open to getting tested. The changed lifestyles are also contributing to male infertility, and the incidence has risen by a couple of percentages.
Causes: Male infertility is caused by a variety of issues leading to poor sperm quality and/or quantity, ranging from:
- Sperm production, which can be reduced in numbers.
- The quality of the sperm could be poor, with reduced mobility being extremely common. When this happens, they are not able to travel up the uterus and penetrate the egg.
- Erectile dysfunction, where the erection is too soft or short for penetration into the female
- Premature ejaculation, where the sperms are released very soon before they can enter the female.
- In addition, lifestyle causes are another major cause of male infertility. These include smoking, increased stress levels, alcohol abuse, lack of exercise, poor dietary habits, and increased junk food.
Management: Male infertility is not as easily accepted as female fertility, though it is the cause for the couple’s inability to conceive in about 50% of the cases.
Once identified and accepted, treating male infertility is quite easy compared to female infertility. In order of progression, the treatment modes are listed below.
Counseling: In most cases, a sexual counseling session with the couple can help iron out performance anxiety and help build trust and frankness in the relationship. In many couples, this helps in overcoming the problem. Given the discrete nature of the topic, it takes time for a couple to get to know each other. There is also the male performance anxiety which can lead to poor performance. All this needs some time and some external help, which can improve the sexual compatibility and overall relationship.
Hormonal therapy: This is another simple and effective way to manage male infertility. Topical or systemic androgens can help in treating male infertility.
Surgery: In worse cases, where there are blocked sperm tubes, surgery may be required to unblock them.
In vitro fertilization: In couples whom none of the above work, IVF could be used to help in conception.
Male infertility needs to be accepted and then it becomes easier to treat.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Kegel is named after renowned gynaecologist Arnold Kegel. Kegel exercises are for the strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. You must continue doing Kegel exercises multiple times for several days, to begin to see changes and benefits.
1. It is a highly recommended treatment for urinary incontinence
2. Works well in case of decreased bladder control
3. Strengthens pelvic muscles
4. Relieves abdominal cramps
5. Helps in pelvic toning
6. Prevents organ prolapse
7. Beneficial to those with constipation as kegel exercises help regulate bowel movements
Kegel exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women suffer from problems related to constipation, which can be kept in check by regular practice of kegel exercises. The strengthening of pelvic muscles is of utmost need during this time, as weakened muscles can lead to a major prolapse if they are unable to bear the weight of a baby. Strong pelvic muscles are required to have a healthy pregnancy. These exercises are useful in preparing the muscles for labour and childbirth. If you notice occasional leakage of urine during the third trimester, it is a warning sign of losing bladder control, which, if left untreated, can worsen during the post partum period. Regularly exercising can help prevent complications occurring due to pregnancy.
How To Do Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy?
Try to stop the flow of urine when you are sitting on the toilet without tightening your abdominal, buttock, or thigh muscles. When you're able to successfully start and stop urinating, or you feel the vaginal muscle contract, you are using your pelvic floor muscle, the muscle you should be contracting during Kegel exercises.
You can do Kegel exercises two ways: either by holding or quickly contracting the pelvic floor muscle. To do slow Kegels, contract the pelvic floor muscle and hold for three to 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat up to 10 times. To do fast Kegels, quickly contract and relax your pelvic floor muscle 25 to 50 times. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the set up to four times.
Squatting: Squatting is helpful during labor because it opens the pelvic outlet an extra quarter to half inch, allowing more room for the baby to descend. But squatting is tiring, so you should practice it frequently during pregnancy to strengthen the muscles needed.
How to do Squatting? An exercise called a wall slide is especially helpful. Stand with your back straight against a wall, place your feet shoulder width apart and about six inches from the wall, and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Slowly and gently slide down the wall to a squatting position (keeping your back straight) until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for five to 10 seconds, slowly slide back to a standing position. Repeat five or 10 times.
Pelvic Tilt: What is it? Pelvic tilts strengthen abdominal muscles, help relieve backache during pregnancy and labor, and ease delivery. This exercise can also improve the flexibility of your back, and ward off back pain.
How to do Pelvic Tilt? You can do pelvic tilts in various positions, but down on your hands and knees is the easiest way to learn it. Get comfortabe on your hands and knees, keeping your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach and arch your back upward. Hold this position for several seconds. Then relax your stomach and back, keeping your back flat and not allowing your stomach to sag. Repeat this exercise three to five times. Gradually work your way up to 10 repetitions.
These exercises can yield great benefits with minimal effort. The exercises require no special equipment except comfortable clothes, and a little space to do them.
Do not worry if you are not close to the goal when you begin. Pelvic muscles are like any other muscles in your body. They will become stonger only with time, consistency and mindful work.
Beware: If you sense any pain in your back or abdomen after doing a Kegel set, it is a sign of you not doing them properly.
Addiction is one of the most common mental health problems faced by people around the globe. This could be an addition to alcohol, nicotine or drugs. Addition usually begins in a person’s teenage years and if left untreated, may continue into adulthood. As with other health issues, addiction worsens with time and the later it is diagnosed, the harder it is to treat.
An addiction to alcohol is termed as alcoholism. In some cases, it can make the person drink heavily on a day to day basis. In others, it may cause binge drinking at regular intervals. In either case, the person cannot stay off alcohol for extended periods of time. Alcohol addiction is hard to recognize given the social acceptability of having a drink. If left untreated, this condition can be fatal and cause ulcers, bone loss, liver disease, an increased risk of cancer and suppressed immunity.
Like alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction is hard to spot given that people smoke openly. However, when a person cannot stop smoking even though he or she is aware of its ill effects, treatment needs to be sought. Nicotine dependence affects mood swings and has a physical effect on the body as well. It can cause anxiety, restlessness, frustration, loss of appetite, insomnia, constipation as well as heart disease and lung disease. It can also increase the person’s risk of suffering from cancer, infertility and respiratory infections.
This is the most serious of the three. Drugs can take many forms. Some are smoked while others are chewed or injected into the body. It is a misconception that drugs are common only amongst the lower rungs of society. Drug addiction can cause mood swings, social withdrawal, memory loss, shortened attention span, poor judgment and other such changes in behavior.
All forms of addiction can be prevented and treated. Thus, it is important to not ignore early signs of addiction and speak to the person concerned or his or her caregiver. In some cases, treatment can take the form of outpatient therapy while in others; the patient may need to stay in a treatment facility for a specific duration of time. Even after treatment, relapses are possible. Hence, the patient needs support from this family and friends. It is also important for the patient to continue therapy in some form or the other even after coming out of the treatment facility.
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical Peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it.
In simple terms, infertility is the inability of a couple to bear children when using no contraception. This could be due to the male not being able to contribute to conception or the female not able to carry a pregnancy to term. Though the female is attributed to be the reason very often, almost 50% of infertility cases are due to issues with both the male and female.
Causes: Some of the main male and female causes of infertility are listed below.
- Women: Poor egg quality, thyroid abnormalities, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, pelvic surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and uterine prolapse.
- Men: Erectile dysfunction, hypogonadism, low sperm count, poor sperm quality, testicular infections, ejaculation disorders.
Risk factors: Infertility is on the rise and some of the risk factors are identified to be:
- Advanced maternal age: With females choosing to have children later in life, even as late as 40 years, infertility is on the rise. As per studies, female fertility is believed to reduce after 32 years.
- Smoking: This is the biggest contributor of infertility in recent times, the effect is more severe when the woman is also a smoker
- Obesity: With changing lifestyles, obesity has become an epidemic in both women and men, leading to infertility.
- Increased stress levels: This leads to strained relationships. Impotence in men, poor egg quality, and erectile dysfunction are all caused by increased stress levels, leading to infertility.
- Eating disorders: Leads to obesity and poor health overall, leading to infertility.
- Alcohol consumption: This again causes erectile dysfunction, leading to infertility.
- Excessive or lack of exercise: Lack of exercise leads to obesity and overall lethargy. Over-exercising, on the other hand, leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Environmental pollution: Exposure to toxins and chemicals has increased, reducing overall sperm and egg quality.
Infertility is often caused by a combination of these factors. Changing lifestyles with smoking among women on the rise is a major cause of infertility.
Diagnosing infertility: The reason for infertility should be identified so that treatment can be directed appropriately. Most often, women are cited as the reason for a couple’s infertility. That is not necessarily the case, and in about 30% of the cases, the male also could be contributing to infertility. The following methods are useful:
Treatment: Once the cause is identified, then targeted treatment can be done, including:
Do you get angry easily? Do you fume when something goes against your wish? Does your blood pressure rocket when someone tells you something that you don't like? Anger is a normal emotion of human psychology, but it is equally important to keep your anger under control. Just like any other emotion, anger too varies from person to person, and the circumstances.
Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress. It also causes stress on relationships and damages your health. Therefore, it is important to practice anger managementexercises to control such extremes of emotions.
Here are some of the anger management tips that can help you control your anger:
- Think before you speak: We often say something out of anger and then regret it later. This is a common condition that has been faced by almost everyone at some point of time. Do not say things abruptly without thinking. Always take your time and think over what you are about to say.
- Express your anger once you are calm: Do not say things at the heat of the moment. Once you calm down, express your views on things that are bothering you. This will help you express better without hurting anyone.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best tools to reduce stress. Light meditative exercises performed on a regular basis such as a morning jog or deep breathing can control your anger to a great extent.
- Identify the specific cause: Instead of being grumpy about things that make you angry, try to find out the root cause of the issue and eliminate it, so that you don't have to face it again. Remind yourself that anger won't solve the problem and can only make situations worse.
- Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings can only have a negative impact on your own health. Learn to forgive others. Forgiving not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and negative emotions.
- Practice relaxation tactics: When your temper reaches its height, put your relaxation tactics in action. A few tactics like deep breathing or repeating words to yourself like "Take it easy" or "Calm down" can actually calm you down during critical situations.
- Take a timeout: Take short breaks during stressful times of your day. This helps to release some of your stress and calm you down. You may also listen to music, take a light snack or do something that you like, to spend some time away from stressful conditions of your daily routine.
When you say weight loss, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to starve oneself and skip eating. This thought is very scary for people who are used to 4 regular meals a day. Feel good, because it is not just scary, it is false too. The idea is to eat healthy and low-calorie foods and not to stop eating completely. You should also learn to trick your body - eat something filling that will control and delay your hunger pangs. Your stomach is busy but not digesting something that adds a lot of calories into your system. Sounds great, isn't it?
Try these 5 low-fat, filling foods and see how different your body reacts.
- Eggs - These are not just filled with protein and provide all the essential amino acids for your system. These amino acids have the ability to suppress hunger, and it will be quite some time before you start feeling hungry. Scrambled or hard-boiled or in any form you like, pick an egg if you have a choice and see the difference.
- Oatmeal - Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day and try to make it as wholesome as possible. Oats, loaded with fiber, fills your stomach and prolongs your hunger pangs. Not just lower calories, these help control your body mass index (BMI). Oats can be cooked in different ways, and adding fruit or vegetables to make it more wholesome. Oats helps in controlling cravings and oats in form of salads is a very healthy option.
- Apples - With about 75 calories in each average-sized fruit, apple is packed with nutrients and accelerates weight loss. The ursolic acid contained in apples improves fat burning and promotes leaner muscle mass. Best eaten raw, you can also add it to oats or have a smoothie.
- Beans - Packed with water, fiber, and protein, beans in any form will keep you full and is a great addition to your diet. Either as a soup, baked, or cooked in your preferred way, beans will help you eat less and lose more weight.
- Nuts - While nuts are usually considered off radar for people who are watching their weight, it is not true. Whether almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or pistachios, nuts contain good (unsaturated) fats and are packed with fibers. They are packed with calories but you will feel full for a long time before you are hungry again, and that helps. A glass of water along with the nuts will prolong the digestion and keep your hunger pangs away for more hours.
If you are planning to lose some weight, eating these types of foods will definitely help you.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.