Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Sultanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anupam Malaviya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam MalaviyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Anupam Malaviya provides answers that are caring. Yes im using CYSTONE tablet 60 and varunadi kwath i faced shoulder pain also
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anupam Malaviya to be very helpful. Akseer e sual
He is very caring .helpful and friendly .there is humanity and Indian culture in him .
Very Knowledgeable & friendly doctor.
Ayurveda believes that overall health is the result of the balance between three elements in the body – vaata, pitta, and kapha. Common disease conditions such as headaches, cold and sinus infections can be easily managed by making slight lifestyle changes so that overall health is managed. Ayurveda believes in a holistic approach where a combination of yoga, diet and lifestyle changes are required to bring about the change.
Whatever is the reason for the headache, be it stress, vascular, tension, hunger or sleep induced, it can be treated by a combination of approaches. Ayurveda gives the following recommendations for headaches:
- Avoid going hungry for prolonged periods
- Avoid going out in extreme weathers (hot or cold) without adequate protection
- Eat whole grains, fruits and vegetables; avoid stale food
- Avoid working for very long hours without a break
- Sleep in a calm, quiet, and dark room
- Avoid using digital media at night
- A paste of sandalwood on the forehead provides relief
- Grind some pepper and rice to make a paste and apply it on the forehead
Ayurveda believes that a headache is a symptom, not a disease in itself. Therefore, treating the underlying symptoms will provide relief from the headache.
Sinusitis: Sinuses are air-filled spaces in the skull, and due to various reasons, these can become filled with mucus and get inflamed. People with cough and cold get sinusitis. It is also common in people who are exposed to dusty and cold weather. All these lead to irritation of the mucosa and blockage, causing headaches and congestion.
Management: Again, Ayurveda believes that sinusitis is a manifestation of an underlying problem and helps the body get rid of the blockage and the mucus. This is done via the following:
Include a lot of garlic and ginger in the diet
- Avoid stale, heated foods.
- Eat freshly cooked foods which are digestible and warm
- Do not drink cold water, drink it warm; even better if you can, add pepper
- Get adequate rest, and sleep on one side with a pillow under the head
- A mixture of turmeric, honey and ginger does wonders for the sinus
- Avoid oily foods, chocolates, cold drinks and ice creams.
Common cold: As the name itself suggests, this is a very common condition and is brought on by any weather change. Kapha, which balances the respiratory system is the main culprit here. Similar to sinusitis,
- Drink adequate water (preferably warm)
- Get adequate rest
- Include a lot of clove, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and tulsi
- Eat simple, easy to digest foods, soups, broth, cooked and mashed vegetables
- Avoid processed and oily foods
Some regular habits are just taken for granted and only when there is a problem do we realize the importance. Passing stool is one such habit. When it does not happen (due to whatever reason), then there is an accumulation of toxins within the body, which can have severe physical effects all over the body.
The anus, through which the stools pass out of the body, is about 5 cm long and is highly vascular. The blood vessels can get swollen and cause what are known as piles or hemorrhoids. They can be dry or wet. When there is no bleeding, they are known as dry piles. When there is too much pressure exerted, these blood vessels can rupture and cause bleeding. This is known as wet piles.
Why piles happen?
Stool formation and passage needs fiber, roughage and adequate water. With changing diet patterns, there is a lot of processed and refined foods. There is less of fiber, roughage and water. Difficulty in passing stools and bleeding are the most common symptoms of it.
Ayurveda brings a holistic approach to treating piles, including food and lifestyle changes, topical remedies and increasing exercise.
- The most important way to treat piles is to provide more roughage and fiber so stools are formed and easily passed out of the body. This requires eating more fresh vegetables and fruits and drinking lots of water. In addition, whole grains, dairy products, nuts and fruits should be consumed.
- Refined foods and processed foods should be completely avoided. Also to be avoided are aerated drinks, sodas, pizzas, pastas, and other junk food.
- While we do not realize how time flies when we sit at the desk, it can also lead to piles. Take a break every hour or so and reduce the incidence of piles. It improves blood flow and muscle movement too.
- Get into the habit of passing stool first thing in the morning. It may take some time to get into this habit, but it is one of the best habits to have.
- When the piles are active, try a sitz bath, where there is warm water in a tub to which herbal oils are added. This provides pain relief, dilates the blood vessels, and helps in treating piles.
- Another great product from Ayurveda which has multiple uses is Triphala churna which is useful in treating and preventing constipation and piles
- Psyllium husk consumed on a daily basis can treat piles
- The bel fruit mixed with sugar, cardamom, and black pepper helps to control bleeding
- A mixture of neem powder and turmeric powder mixed with aloe vera juice instantly relieves pain.
I am suffering from irregular periods, since last 4 months I am not having my periods? Please suggest me what should I do.
I lost my sister 4 years back she committed suicide since then I am not able to accept the truth, feel lonely, depressed,low confidence, no passion.
Renal stones or kidney stones is when there is a formation of small stones within the kidney. This is one of the most common kidney problems and often runs in families and is recurrent. The pain that occurs with kidney stones is unique, and someone who has had kidney stones would know the next time it happens.
Kidney stones are caused by:
- Reduced water intake
- Diet rich in oxalates, phosphates, and calcium
- Increased protein in the diet
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Kidney pain is unique, occurs in the right lower back area.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fevers and chills
- Pain when urinating
- Increased urge to urinate
- Pink colored urine in case of internal bleeding
Ayurveda believes that toxins formed in the body along with the imbalance in the doshas causes kidney stones. Ayurvedic treatment believes in managing it through the elimination of toxins and cleansing the body.
Read on to know some of the proposed methods of Ayurveda for managing kidney stones.
- Drink about 2 to 3 liters of water every day
- Drink juice, soups, lime water to increase increase your water intake
- Drink a mix of barley water, horse gram and ginger
- Avoid tea, coffee and aerated drinks
- Avoid sour, heavy and dry foods
- Soak radish seeds in water, boil, strain, and drink half a cup for a few days
- Basil leaves can be boiled in a cup of water, cooled and add honey, drink this concotion twice a day
- Boil onions and add a little sugar and drink twice a day
- Lemon juice with black salt is effective in treating kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar with warm water and honey will also be beneficial
- Exercise if you are overweight and bring your weight under control as it can eaily cause stone formation in kidney
Kidney stones are quite common, but effective treatment is available if someone is suffering from it, however, it is better to prevent it from happening than curing it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For a man, nothing can be more frustrating and depressing than the inability to hold on to the erections for long enough to indulge in a sexual activity. Some medical conditions that can wreak havoc giving rise to a sexual dysfunction include Diabetes, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Stress, Obesity, to name a few. While a lot of medications and conventional treatments are available, Ayurveda works the best in dealing with the conditions of erectile dysfunction or sexual dysfunction.
Treating Sexual Dysfunction through Ayurveda
Ayurveda believes that the sexual dysfunction in males can be of tour types-
- Dhajabhangaja Klaibya: A condition characterized by an erection that does not last long enough for an intercourse to take place.
- Bijopaghataja and Shukra Kshayaja Klaibya: In both these conditions, the erection is there. However, there may be a dip in the production of the semen as well as the quality of the sperm may go for a toss. As a result, the sperm fails to reach to the ova to facilitate the fertilization process.
- Jaraja Klaibya: Here, the erectile dysfunction may be triggered by old age.
One of the main factors responsible for the erectile dysfunction, as per Ayurveda is an imbalance of the three doshas. There is also vitiation of the wind energy or the Vata Dosha.
- One of the therapies that can work wonders to treat the condition of a sexual or erectile dysfunction is the Vajikarana Therapy.
- The therapy involves the use of various of Ayurvedic herbs and solutions to stimulate or arouse the sexual desire (aphrodisiac) and is fit for people of all age groups.
- For the Vajikarana therapy, a person should have a strong willpower and self-control.
- The detoxification in the case of Vajikarana therapy is achieved through a series of steps that includes
- Vamana: Use of an Ayurvedic emetic formulation to eliminate the Ama or toxins through vomiting.
- Oleation: Massaging the body using Ayurvedic oil, and medicines, oil baths, and profuse sweating of the body.
- Virechana: Elimination the toxins through the fecal matter using Ayurvedic and herbal laxatives.
- In addition to the medication, the person undergoing the therapy should also be careful with their diet and lifestyle habits.
- During the therapy, one should opt for a light diet. Avoid processed, spicy or fast foods. Constipation and indigestion can trigger further aggravation of the Vata Dosha. Thus, it is best to refrain from foods such as brinjal, peas, to name a few.
- Consume more of ghee (the pure one), milk and dairy products, almonds, cashew nuts, avocados, bananas, watermelon, asparagus, dry ginger, garlic, coconut water, (all of which are known to give the libido a much-needed boost).
- The use of tobacco and alcoholic drinks and beverages should be given up for the good.
- Yoga and meditation, especially the Surya Namaskar (sun salutations) can work wonders in the case of an erectile dysfunction.
- A daily sleep of about 6-8 hours is a must. Don't overstress yourself (physically, mentally or emotionally).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!