Doctors for Stapedectomy
Regain your hearing with a successful stapedectomy. Book an appointment to restore your auditory function. Call now!
0+ Best Doctors for Stapedectomy
Best Doctors for Stapedectomy
|Doctor's Name||Clinic Fees||Lybrate Ratings|
|Uday K Vora||₹ 2,500||NA|
Patient reviews for Doctors for Stapedectomy
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Stapedectomy?
The best doctor for a stapedectomy is typically an otologist or otolaryngologist with specialized training and experience in ear surgeries and conditions related to the middle and inner ear.
- Otologist: An otologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ear disorders, including hearing loss, otosclerosis, and related conditions. These specialists undergo extensive training in otology and are skilled in performing various ear surgeries, including stapedectomy.
- Otolaryngologist: A stapedectomy may be performed by an otolaryngologist, generally known as an ENT specialist. They are medical professionals with a focus on the identification and management of ear, nose, and throat illnesses and disorders. Many ENT specialists have training and expertise in otology and are capable of performing stapedectomy procedures.
How to find the best doctor for Stapedectomy in India?
The following advice will help you locate the top doctor in India for a stapedectomy:
- Research doctors online and read patient reviews: The internet is a great resource when it comes to researching doctors who specialize in stapedectomy treatment. You can read patient reviews of doctors in your local area and see how they have performed in the past.
- Contact Lybrate for assistance: If you are having difficulty finding a qualified physician or surgeon, you can also contact Lybrate. They can help connect you with the best doctors in your area and provide you with the necessary information needed to make an informed decision.
What is the main reason for Stapedectomy?
Here are the primary reasons for undergoing a stapedectomy:
- Otosclerosis: Stapedectomy is primarily performed to address hearing loss resulting from otosclerosis. Unusual bone development in the middle ear, particularly around the stapes bone, is a defining feature of the disorder known as otosclerosis.
- Conductive hearing loss: Conductive hearing loss is brought on by otosclerosis and results from the ineffective transmission of sound waves from the outer ear to the inner ear. By surgically addressing the abnormal bone growth in the middle ear, a stapedectomy aims to restore the normal transmission of sound vibrations and improve hearing.
- Progressive hearing loss: Otosclerosis can lead to progressive hearing loss over time. As the condition worsens, the hearing loss may become more significant and start to impact daily life activities. A stapedectomy is performed to prevent further progression of hearing loss and potentially improve the patient's hearing ability.
Is Stapedectomy serious?
A stapedectomy is considered a serious surgical procedure, as it involves operating on delicate structures within the middle ear. It carries risks inherent to any surgical procedure, including those associated with anesthesia, infection, bleeding, and potential complications.
Is Stapedectomy painful?
Yes, a stapedectomy can cause pain during and after the procedure. The pain is treatable with medicine and ought to lessen within a few days to a week's time.
Is Stapedectomy safe?
Stapedectomy is a surgical technique that is widely regarded as safe and has a high percentage of success. Yet, there are certain dangers associated, such as the following:
- Hearing loss
- Facial nerve damage.
The decision to undergo a stapedectomy should be made after careful consideration of the risks and benefits, and in consultation with a qualified ear, nose, and throat specialist.
Is Stapedectomy permanent?
Yes, a stapedectomy is generally considered to be a permanent surgical procedure. The surgeon removes a part of the stapes bone and replaces it with a prosthetic device known as a stapes prosthesis during the procedure. Once the prosthesis is in place, it is intended to remain in position permanently, allowing for long-term improvement in hearing function.
Nonetheless, it is vital to remember that the stapedectomy's effectiveness and longevity might differ among people.
What is the cost of a Stapedectomy in India?
In India, the cost of a Stapedectomy operation varies based on the location and facility. On average, it can cost between ₹60,000 to ₹1,50,000. The cost includes pre-surgery tests and post-surgery care. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional for more information on the cost of Stapedectomy surgery in India.