Dr. Tariq Tramboo is a famous Pain Management Specialist in Srinagar who has an experience of 14 years in curing his patients. He specialises in Spinal pain, Back pain, Head/Neck pain and Trigeminal Neuralgia. He is the Chairman of The Board Spin LOOP, California, USA. He studied Pain Management (Fellow Pain Medicine) from USA in 2003 and completed MD (Pain Medicine & Anaesthesiology) from Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar in 2007. He has been a Visiting Consultant at Fortis Hospital, Delhi. He is a member of International Patents in the field of pain medicine and a Fellow of Interventional pain medicine.
Dr. Tariq Tramboo is known for rendering services like Cancer Pain Management, treatment of Disc Prolapse, treatment of Spine Injuries, treatment of McKenzie Treatment for Spine, Epidural and Spinal Anaesthesia Techniques, treatment of Hip Disorders, Thermotherapy treatment, Chronic Pain Management, treatment of Herniated Disc, treatment of Psychological Problems, Anaesthesia Techniques, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, Chemonucleolysis treatment, Spinal Deformity Correction Procedure, Rf Neurotomy Procedure, Spinal Disc Surgery, treatment of Lumbago, Arthritis and Pain Management treatment, Back Pain treatment and Column Traumatology Procedure.Dr. Tariq Tramboo is available at Relief Pain Clinic, Auqaf Building, Dalgate in Srinagar, Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-10:30 PM.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tariq Tramboo
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Tariq TrambooYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Tariq Tramboo guided me to change my attitude. Someone from the office, referred us that Tariq Tramboo. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my pain treatment. The atmosphere in the Relief Pain Clinic is always so positive and full of life. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Tariq TrambooThe symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from pain treatment, but my Tariq Tramboo was able to handle it. Tariq Tramboo is really like god send person.
Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. I had lost hope, but the disc prolapse given by Tariq Tramboo has helped me regain my confidence. As someone I knew, consulted this Tariq Tramboo and they referred us. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my disc prolapse, but he has helped me immensely. The nurses at the Relief Pain Clinic were really helpful. Tariq Tramboo is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. The interior of the Relief Pain Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. .
Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. One of my colleague referred Tariq Tramboo. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from neck pain. The staff was very attentive to my needs. Whatever tests the Tariq Tramboo prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. The interior of the Relief Pain Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of neck painNot only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor.
Due to my neck pain my daily activities were suffering. The Relief Pain Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. Hygiene is very important, and I must Relief Pain Clinic was extremely clean. He is a very practical doctor. Tariq Tramboo has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The complete process of neck pain treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
Never thought I will suffer from something herniated disc like this. read an article of DrTariq Tramboo in the paper and made contact. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing herniated disc was very relaxing.He ensures that he listens to his patients. The overall atmosphere in the Relief Pain Clinic is very soothing.
I consulted a number of specialists but the way Dr Tariq treated me was the best. I was suffering from hernia. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I got immediate relief and good stability from my treatment of arthritis and pain management with dr Tariq Tramboo at Relief Pain Clinic in Srinagar. The treatment is on point. Doctor too is very friendly and explains very well. Overall recommendable.
I was very disturbed with my problem of arthritis. I took the treatment from Tariq Tramboo at Relief Pain Clinic in srinagar. Got symptoms relief and got results with his treatment. Effective course and doctor explain well. Would recommend him.
I never met you but I can say that you are the best doctor as well as a very nice person...God bless you always and your family....take care sir.
Quite interesting and good one on one communication/conversation made with doctor.... So far consultation was done well....
An awesome doctor. Highly satisfied with the prescription.
It was great visit with Dr Tariq tramboo.
Very nice and he is good doctor
Sometime, in sleeping condition I can't move my hand or leg .when I getup hand or leg feel paralysed and after few minute, come in normal condition. Pls help.
Which is the best tablet for Headache? So that it won't affect health in future, if taken frequently. Due to stress, travelling, improper diet most offently I get headaches. Also, one has migraine pain in half brain. He/she can also able to take, if he/she has full headache or half brain headache. Above two are different persons. Thanks.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome is a type of condition that occurs when pressure builds up inside a muscle tissue in the body. Compartment syndrome usually occurs due to swelling or internal bleeding after an injury. The swelling should go away once the wound heals. However in some cases, if the swelling doesn't improve quickly, it leads to the accumulation of pressure. Let us have a look at the symptoms and the causes in depth.
Understanding Compartment Syndrome:
Compartment syndrome is not exactly a disease, but it hampers the flow of blood to and from the affected tissues. Groups of organs/muscles are organized into zones called compartments. During an injury, blood may start accumulating in these compartments, as a result of which the pressure inside the chamber rises restricting smooth blood flows. Severe tissue damage can result, with a loss of body function as well. Compartment syndrome can be fatal in some cases if not treated immediately. The common areas where this occurs are the legs, arms, and abdomen.
Compartment Syndrome Causes:
Compartment syndrome can occur immediately after an injury or they can happen when the treatment plan for the injury is under way. The biggest risk is that while some compartment syndrome takes days to form, few cases occur within hours. The acute form of the condition occurs when there is damage to the bone like a fracture to the hand and limbs. Other causes can include crush injuries, over-tight bandaging, burns and prolonged compression of an arm or leg. Blood clots also cause this condition in some cases, and so does strenuous physical exercises. A simple physical exam is used to diagnose compartment syndrome along with an X-Ray.
Compartment Syndrome Treatment:
Treatment for compartment syndrome works on the fundamental principle of reducing the pressure to the affected region. Dressings and casts that hamper the blood flow have to be removed immediately. Movement and bodily functions of the affected area have to be monitored vigorously. Surgery is one of the foolproof ways to ease the pressure. It is done by making long incisions into the skin underneath the affected area and releasing the pressure. The surgeries are done as minimally invasive procedures and can be clubbed together with the treatment plan the person is undergoing. In some cases, if the pressure is weak and not restricting the flow, then physical therapies can be undertaken. Medications can also help to an extent along with strength exercises.
With the advances made in medical science, doctors can identify potential compartment syndrome symptoms more quickly. Since these mostly occur when undergoing the treatment, the condition has a better chance of getting identified at its root.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lower back pain is fast becoming an epidemic not just among elderly, but across all age groups. Primary causes of back pain are quite a few including lumbar hernia, disc degenerative disease (DDD), spondylosis etc., but the symptoms are usually the same excruciating pain in the lower region of the spine, followed by stiffness. Since back pain is caused due to a number of spinal problems, it manifests differently in different patients. The pain may be dull, burning or sharp. It could also be felt at a single point or over a broad area and could be accompanied by muscle spasms or stiffness or even shooting pain in one or both legs.
Back pain can also be differentiated according to time period:
- Acute: Pain lasts for less than three months.
- Recurrent: Acute symptoms reoccur over time.
- Chronic: Pain lasts longer than three months.
Sometimes symptoms resolve on their own, but in many cases conservative treatment, such as physiotherapy, which often work better than surgery, becomes essential. Alternate therapies like surgery, acupressure, acupuncture as well as yoga and Ayurveda also help.
Physiotherapy - Exercises that work
Since the reason for low back pain is not always same, a patient’s treatment too should be tailored for his specific symptoms and condition. This is what the physiotherapist will do design an exercise plan based on the patient’s specific problem and its cause.
Physiotherapy treatments may include:
- Manual therapy, which includes direct spinal manipulation aimed at improving the mobility of joints and soft tissues
- Strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Education about what do and what not to do
- Training for proper sleeping positions, lifting, bending, and sitting as well as for working at home and at work
- Use of heat/cold treatments or electrical stimulation to help relieve pain
Physiotherapy exercises help support the back and strengthen muscles so that the spine is cushioned properly. This is why physiotherapy is relevant as a treatment for backache. Treatments like traction help in lengthening the spine and relieving compression of nerves that cause sciatica, radiating pain into legs largely due to lumbar herniation. If back pain is extreme, a patient will require physical therapy along with medication, which will help in managing pain and bringing inflammation down. But in the long term, being physically active, going for walks, sitting properly and maintaining a good posture will help the most. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Movement of the head and neck is enabled by the various joints in this region, the main role being played by the cervical spine. This is a part of the vertebra or the spine and supports the head and neck in all movements. There are cervical vertebrae, ligaments, muscles, and nerves which ensure this movement happens smoothly. However, given the complexity of the whole structure, head and neck pain are also two of the most common joint pains.
The Neck Bone’s Connected to the Head Bone…
The vertebrae of your neck (cervical spine) support the weight of your head and all its motions, which may not seem like much – until you realize your head weighs as much as a bowling ball. When your neck bones are not positioned properly, the result is tightening of the muscles and irritation of the nerves that connect with your head. Your head and neck symptoms may include some or all of the following:
- Sharp or dull pain or discomfort in your neck
- Stiffness in your neck
- Inability to turn your head to one side
- Shoulder pain
- Jaw pain
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with head and neck pain – and you don’t have to take drugs to eliminate the pain.
- Posture problems: Not providing adequate support when being seated grows to be a menace. With the changing lifestyle where people end up staring at a monitor, there is tremendous stress on the neck muscles, leading to pain and stiffness. There is also loss of flexibility, leading to a stiff neck and headaches.
- Muscle strain: This can occur due to a sudden movement, either when doing something or as a result of accident (like a whiplash injury). The muscle can be torn or injured and this can result in pain, swelling, and inflammation of the affected area.
- Stress: One of the most common identifier of stress is the constant ache/nagging pain in the back of the neck.
- Disk herniation: When the disk is moved out of its space due to excessive movement and rotation, the disk gets herniated and the nerve gets ‘pinched.’ This can cause a sharp, shooting pain to the area where the nerve emerges out of that disk.
Spondylitis, arthritis, etc., are other chronic inflammatory conditions which can affect the neck and head areas.
When there is pain in the head and neck area, the whole body function is affected. The movement is limited and therefore vision, neck movements, and other functions are affected. This, in turn, affects the overall quality of life.
- Identify the problem with a thorough examination, X-ray, and if required soft tissue examination.
- Ice the area for relief of pain temporarily.
- Improve ergonomics in terms of height of the monitor, seat/chair, etc., so the strain is minimized.
- Develop an exercise regimen, which gives adequate exercise to the head and neck muscles.
- Manage stress. Be it physical, chemical, or emotional stress, it takes a toll on the head and neck area. Managing the stress (there is no escape from it!) will definitely see the pains and stiff neck go away.
- Engage in pain management, which is holistic (as above) and does not always resort to medications.