Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Srinagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShabazYour feedback matters!
I had abs-suss near anus and was operated with my pregnancy. There was lot of puss formed and that was removed surgically there is 1 inch deep wound which was not stitched, the treating doctor said that they can not put stitches at that area citing various reasons, the treating doctor mentioned it would take about 1 month to heal that wound and i should wash that area twice a day with luke warm water mixed with dettol. I want to know if the procedure done by the doctor is okay and the wound would heal it self of should i take additional precautions.
My LFT test results are SGOT - 40. 50U/L and SGPT - 50.51 U/L. Is this the symptom of Liver Damage? Can it be cured by medicine? While LDL - 185 Total cholesterol- 229 Triglyceride - 260 Non HDL cholesterol - 183.8 Is my lipid is badly affected by Liver Problems. My age is 51 Years.
A bloated abdomen is very upsetting, both for cosmetic reasons and also because it makes one feel lousy and lethargic. Also, it can bring your energy levels down in a big way. However, the good news is that bloated belly can be managed by making some basic changes in the way you eat and/or drink.
Knowing what causes bloated belly is the first step towards managing it.
- Using a straw: Whether you are drinking a smoothie or shakes, coffee or tea, drink it directly from the glass. When sipping through a straw, a lot of air is consumed along with it, and that leaves you with a bloated feeling. If it is coke or aerated drink that is being consumed, it makes it even worse.
- Packaged foods: While packaged foods help you by saving cooking time and provide a quick fix for the hunger pangs, they also come packed with loads of sodium. This leaves you with a bloated feeling, and if you are someone who uses packaged foods at each meal, it is almost there to stay. Switch to fresh foods and see how your bloating disappears.
- Low-calorie foods: As we all are busy watching calories, we have started using aspartame. Be it artificial sweeteners for the coffee or diet cokes, these contain substances which take much longer to digest and so they stay in your tummy for a longer period of time. They are not recognized as foods by the stomach and so it takes time to digest. Switching to a no-sugar diet (minus the aspartame) or using palm jaggery can instantly provide relief.
- Legume/Bean family: While legumes are known as the best protein source, especially for vegetarians, they are also loaded with gas. Whether it is the regular beans, green peas, double beans, or kidney beans, they all have a great tendency to bloat you up. The carbohydrate in these are not easy to digest, giving the gassy bloated feeling. Taking an anti-gas agent when there are too many beans on your plate is very much recommended.
- Excessive use of gums or candy: For those who are used to chewing on gums or candies, there is a lot of air that is swallowed during this process. An alternative is to keep taking small sips of water, which will not leave you feeling bloated. The water also helps reduce bloating by keeping a constant movement of the intestine.
- Eating too fast: As we are all pressed for time, there is no time to sit down and eat. However, eating too fast leads to bloating in two ways. Firstly, by taking in a large amount of air along with the food. Secondly, by not chewing the food properly, bigger pieces of food reach the stomach and leave you feeling bloated. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am working in night shift from last 13 years. I am suffering from acute gas, acidity and constipation. I have irregular bowel syndrome. Due to this I always have bloated stomach. Please advise.
My son age 20 yrs suffering from chronic pancreatitis and diabetes. At present he is taking insulin twice a day 18 units and 14 units respectively My questions is can he take tablets to reduce the dose of insulin?
Dear sir/madam, I have problem of gas and digestion since 1year. Please give me some idea to overcome with this problem. Thanks.
I am suffering from gerd. Gastroenterologist have suggested me to take pantoprosole 20mg for 6 months. I have done with endoscopy also and doctor has told there is a light scratch. Is it advisable to take tab for 6 months. Please suggest me.
I am 35 years old, having daibeties since 1 year 3 months. Taking trimetoday2 medicine. But my sugar level is always above 200 fasting. And I am having a major gas problem.
For back pain I was prescribed Painkillers 10 days back. After that I a, m getting semisolid stools, nearly 3 times a day. The stolls are not loose, only semi solid. Now I am having severe itchiness in the area around the anus. I am fat and my hands I cannot reach there to scratch too. What could be the line of treatment in this issue. I want immediate relief as the itchiness keeps me very disturbed constantly.
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
4. Avoiding Unhealthy Food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.