Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Srinagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarwar hussain
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Sarwar hussainYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have disk slip problem. I am taking the medicine of Evion Lc, gemcal, myosone plus, neurobion forte but I have a problem in liver and my period time is less. When I taken this medicine. please advice me for Some medicine. My age is 34.
Breast cancer begins when cells in the breast start to get out of control. These cells are mostly in the form of a tumor that can be regularly seen on an x-ray or felt as a lump. The tumor is dangerous (malignant) if the cells attack the surrounding tissues or spread to far off zones in the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in women, yet men can get it, as well.
This is how breast cancer can spread:
- Bosom cancer can spread through the lymph framework
- The lymph framework includes lymph nodes, lymph vessels, and lymph liquid found all throughout the body
- Lymph nodes are little, bean-shaped accumulations of immune system cells that are connected by lymph (or lymphatic) vessels. Lymph vessels resemble little veins, with the exception of that they transport a liquid called lymph (rather than blood) far from the breast
- Lymph contains tissue liquid, waste items, and immune system cells. Breast cancer cells can enter lymph vessels and start to develop into lymph nodes
A large portion of the lymph vessels of the breast deplete into the:
- Lymph nodes under the arm (axillary hubs)
- Lymph nodes around the neck bone (supraclavicular and infraclavicular lymph hubs)
- Lymph nodes inside the neck close to the breast bone (inner mammary lymph hubs)
Following are some of the causes of breast cancer:
- Hormones play a part in creating breast cancer disease; however exactly how this happens is not completely known
- Ordinary breast cells get to be distinctly carcinogenic in view of changes (transformations) in DNA
- Yet, most DNA changes identified with breast cancer are gained in breast cells during a woman’s life as opposed to having been acquired
- Qualities that accelerate cell division are called oncogenes
- Tumor silencer qualities are typical qualities that back off cell division, repair DNA oversights, or advise cells when to bite the dust
- Certain acquired DNA transformations (changes) can drastically increase chances for building up specific growths and are in charge of a large number of tumors that keep running in few families
Some of the treatments of breast cancer include:
- Health alterations: Body weight, physical action, and eating routine are all connected to breast tumor, so these may be territories where you can make a move.
- Restorative alternatives for women at expanded hazard: For women who have certain hazard components for breast growth, for example, a family history; various restorative alternatives may counteract breast cancer.
- Medications to lessen hazard: For women at expanded danger of breast cancer, medications, for example, tamoxifen and raloxifene, can reduce the hazard. However, these medications can have their own dangers and symptoms.
- Preventive surgery: In case that you have a solid family history of breast cancer, you can talk with your specialist about hereditary testing. This test addresses changes in qualities that increase the danger of breast cancer; for example, the BRCA qualities. In case you have a hereditary change from a family with a transformation, however, have not been tried, you could consider surgery to bring down your danger of tumor.
Breast cancer is a form of cancer which develops from the breast tissue. Breast cancer is indicated by signs such as a lump in the breast, changes in breast shape, fluid flowing from the nipple, dimpling of skin, or the development of red scaly patches. Breast cancer is a fatal form of cancer in women and immediate diagnosis is required on observing the symptoms.
Diagnosis of breast cancer
Other than the regular breast screening, the diagnosis of breast cancer involves the following steps and methods:
- Seeing your general practitioner (GP): It is very important to visit your GP soon after noticing the symptoms of breast cancer. Your GP will examine you properly and in case your symptoms need more assessment, he/she will refer you to a breast cancer clinic.
- Mammogram and breast ultrasound: You will be required to have a mammogram, as recommended by a specialist breast unit. This is an X-ray of the breasts. An ultrasound scan may also be required. Breast ultrasound should be undertaken only if you are less than 35 years of age. This is because, young women have denser breasts and a mammogram is not as effective as ultrasound in the diagnosis of breast cancer. In ultrasound, high frequency sound waves are used for obtaining an image of your breasts. It is observed to notice any abnormality or lumps. A breast ultrasound is also important for determining whether a lump is solid or contains liquid.
- Biopsy: In this diagnosis process, a sample of the tissue cells is taken from the breasts and tested under a microscope to find out if it is cancerous. A scan and needle test for the lymph nodes present in your armpit is also done to check whether they have also been affected. A biopsy is undertaken in several ways, depending upon the condition and severity. A needle aspiration biopsy is used for testing a sample of your breast cells without the removal of the tissues. This is the most common form of biopsy and it is also used for draining a small fluid-filled lump or benign cyst. During the process, you will be given a local anesthetic. Usually, a needle biopsy is carried out guided by an X-ray, ultrasound and an MRI scan as well. This helps in distinguishing it from non-invasive changes such as ductal carcinoma in situ.
Another form of biopsy used for the diagnosis of breast cancer is called vacuum assisted biopsy or mammotome biopsy. In this process, a needle gets attached to a suction tube, which helps in obtaining the sample and for clearing the bleeding. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is 70 suffering from disc herniation inspite L4&5etc. For last one years she has stiff joints &knee pain so unable to move. Can move with walker with difficulty. RA factor is negative. Taking r g forte Shallaki Rejoint tab but no relief.
The very term 'breast cancer' can send shivers down a woman's spine. The associated pain, agony, sufferings are enough to deter a person. The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the stage in which the condition is detected. Unfortunately, many women neglect and overlook the early signs, thereby delaying the treatment.
Self-awareness is vital for prevention, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. Treatment and prevention can only work when a person is alert and agile. If you notice any unusual symptoms, waste no time and consult an experienced physician at the earliest. However, prevention is always better than a cure. A few healthy habits, if practiced diligently, can go a long way to prevent and reduce the incidences of breast cancer.
- A healthy body weight: Overweight and obese women are at a greater risk of suffering from breast cancer. The key to this problem is as simple as shedding off the extra kilos. Research suggests that incidences of breast cancer are slightly lower in women who maintain body weight within healthy limits. Enrich your diet with fruits and vegetables. Drink water and other healthy fluids (coconut water, fresh fruit juice,) at regular intervals.
- Breastfeed for a healthy breast: Breastfeeding is important for the health of both the baby and the mother. While babies get the necessary nourishment, women who are into breastfeeding are less likely to suffer from breast cancer. Thus, all healthy lactating mothers should breastfeed their babies.
- Keep the vices at bay: Severe smoking and alcohol consumption can harm your body beyond imagination, with breast cancer being one the many harmful side effects. Drinking within limits (1 drink or even less per day) is still acceptable, but anything in excess is sure to spell doom.
- Some of the imaging and diagnostic tests can be harmful to your body: Repeated exposure to the radiations from CT-scan can put a woman at an increased risk of developing breast cancer. Limiting the exposure to such radiations may help to check the incidences of breast cancer.
- Physically active and agile: Lack of physical exercise and an unhealthy lifestyle can wreak havoc with health complications as serious as breast cancer. It is important to keep your body physically active. Light to moderate exercise (for 30 minutes), jogging, cycling, swimming and other physical activities can work wonders for your body. Avoid stress and anxiety. Proper rest and a sound sleep are equally important.
Various research and studies suggest that women who are into hormone therapy are more susceptible to breast cancer. Such patients are often advised to avoid and replace hormone therapy with alternative treatments. However under extreme conditions (where the alternative treatments fail to produce the desired result), limiting the duration as well as the dosage of the hormone therapy may be helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
I have been diagonosed for Lumber region disc displacement/compression in L1-L2-L3-L4.Though I have been taking homeo medicine for past 8-9 months, the pain subsidise for some days but comes back again at lower back and down the right leg thighs,knee and calf muscles. Sometimes it is also on left leg side. Can I restart tretment again. Prescribe some medicines and other preventive treatment to correct this defect
I am 30 years old. Diagnosed with 11 % of vitamin D. Calcium and phosphate levels are also down. Besides cervical 6-7 disc have chronic black bulge. Pain in neck shoulder upper back. Also lumbar spine 4-5 also bulge. It is sending pain down till sole of feet. What is the treatment ways?
I am 19 years old and I am having lower back pain (disc herniation l4-l5. I suffer pain everyday. What shall I do?
Breasts are a part of female identity- which is why for most women, breast cancer still continues to be a big fear. Many feel that having cancerous cells in these parts rob them of their identity and puts a question on everything they stand for. More than a disease, many women treat it as an emotional trauma that one has to go through, rather than something that has to be dealt at a physical level. But breast cancer is not a taboo subject anymore and with the huge awareness created, women are now more knowledgeable in identifying their risk levels. What’s more, breast cancer can be prevented to the maximum by making minor changes to our daily chores and life style.
Let us have a look at ways to keep breast cancer in check.
- Have regular checkups: Move over traditional mammography methods; new digital checks that are more accurate in identifying the symptoms have come into the picture. Make these checks mandatory as a part of the yearly check-ups and never postpone them.
- Exercises: Regular exercises can be very helpful in keeping the body fit. Estrogen is the biggest factor that can stimulate breast cancer. Having regular activities alters the estrogen metabolism thus minimizing the cancer levels. Even a relaxed exercise of 15 - 20 minutes can do a world of good, both for the body and mind in keeping the condition under check.
- Family history: About 5% to 10% of the breast cancers are hereditary. Hence always ensure that you know your family history and their tryst with cancer.
- Minimize screening tests that use radiation: Go for X-ray screening and chest x-rays only when absolutely necessary. Always consult with the physician about the precautions to be taken when going for a screening test.
- Reduce hormone intake: Hormone therapy is most commonly used to manage menopausal symptoms. However, there is a chance that they can indirectly aid in producing estrogen that can cause breast cancer. Always have a proper consultation with the gynecologist and as far as possible avoid hormone intake. Try to treat the symptoms through natural ways.
- Breast Feeding: This is one of nature's ways of preventing the contagion that causes breast cancer. Breast feeding naturally reduces the estrogen levels thus drastically reducing the chances.
- Diet and the right food: Tons of articles have been written about the good food to have and the proper diet to maintain. When it comes to breast cancer, increasing the carotenoid levels in the body can decrease the chances of breast cancer. Foods that are rich in carotenoid include fresh vegetables and fruits and greens. Also, increase the intake of fibers to have a natural defense mechanism against cancer.
- Early detection: There is no better treatment plan for breast cancer than detecting it early. The symptoms do not appear initially and they appear only in the advanced stages. Hence make sure that regular checkups are done to diagnose it.
- Alcohol abuse: Alcohol can be had in minimal quantities but do not abuse them. Excessive drinking can increase the chances of breast cancer.
- Smoking: Researchers have found a direct link between smoking and breast cancer. This increases phenomenally during menopause stages. Quit smoking altogether for a better life and in preventing many other ailments.
Breast cancer can be an emotional phase for women and following the above methods can keep breast cancer in check and prevent them in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Uterine fibroids are frequently found incidentally during a routine pelvic exam. There's no single best approach to uterine fibroid treatment — many treatment options exist. If you have symptoms, talk with your doctor about options for symptom relief.